It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Ferritin Levels - What does that really mean ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Good health to you. I would definitely get test for stomach and digestive issue mainly gluten allergy as that is what I most know about. Here's my short story. When I was 26 or 27, I went to the doctor suffering quite bad depression as well as loads of other shiz, bad eczema only on face and head, constant head aches , thrush girly thing, joint pains, tiredness just to name a few, anyway did blood test and low and behold doc told me via ph that I was dangerously low in iron, I ask what should I do and was told they would not give free consultation on ph and then they hung up on me. Anyway my friend sugested I try going gluten free as she had same eczema as me only on her face and head and a naturopath had diagnosed her as gluten allergy, so I tried gluten free and my skin stopped being itchy and red and inflamed and peeling off four layers at a time, then after a month I ate one gluten full biscuit and I could feel within an hour my face getting itchy and sore. Also after being hung up by the doc, I bought iron tablets and Saint johns wort and took a triple dose of each and felt a huge improvement in my mood and emotions the next day. The reason I was so low in iron is because I was malnourished as I could not absorb any nutrients from my food due to gluten allergy, now15 years later I still haven't had a test to see if I truely according to the doc are allergic to gluten as you must eat gluten for six weeks to get test result and I am not prepared to do that as I know when I eat consume even a teaspoon of soya sauce or more than three piece of shop sushi without soya sauce ( comercial rice vinegar contains gluten) or hot chips from fish n chip shop fried in same oil as battered fish I get a reaction and head aches that last for three days.
Sorry that was not really a short story, but get tested as not being able to absorb iron or other nutrients could be your problem.
Also some vit c is easier to absorb than others and as someone else mentioned it is needed to absorb iron. Also being a dentist must be a toxic environment. Also sorry, hair tests are a good way to go as they show all sorts of info doctors would never think of, Good luck to youreply to: Speotyto

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hello Sinter Klaas,

Thank you for your input, you are probably right, I do worry too much and this can't do anything but harm my body. You might have nailed the cause of my problems with iron deficiency, or at least partially. I don't think stress has nothing to do with this, one way or the other it can only harm, directly or indirectly.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OuttaHere
I would suggest: Get checked for ulcers, Crohns, and especially celiac.
Take Vitamin B12 and Vitamin C. They help with iron issues.
Do you take NSAIDS or aspirin? They can cause issues with bleeding.
Also do you take prilosec? It can prevent absorption of iron.
If you start taking a ferritin supplement, it will take some time to build up your reserves but it will help.

OuttaHere,

Prilosec is a almost the same as Pantoprazole... and I just learned that iron is best absorbed in acid environment, and considering that these meds decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach, it's not good for iron absorption.

Maybe that's why taking C Vitamin together with Iron tablets can help, I just had lunch and took 1g of C Vitamin before the Iron tablet.

Your input was of great importance for me, I'll seek a way of how to cope with the pantoprazole and iron tablets.

Read more here

Cheers,

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I didn't think Ferretin was low till it was around seventeen.

Iron supplements do not work for everyone. If you lack an enzyme in high enough numbers, all the iron in the world won't help. My wife and both daughters can't take iron supplements. I don't think that their condition is even close to rare.

Now being a dentist means you are in contact with chemicals. One being mercury to make fillings. Methyl mercury possibly released in grinding and making fillings can probably interfere with the proper utilization of iron in the body. There are lots of chemicals used in that field.

Hello rickymouse,

Indeed I mess with a lot of chemicals, but in 12 years being a dentist, I never used mercury for fillings, only composites. One way or the other, there's a lot of bad chemicals there, the composites themselves have Methacrylate, which is a plague itself (until cured).

All the best and thanks for your input,

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks for your story Cloudbuster,

I will take a look if I have gluten allergy, I have an appointment next month.

You and other friends here are giving me a lot of knowledge, I'm thankful for everyone's help.

Sorry for the short answer, am at lunch time. Will update later about this gluten possibility when I have a reply.

Cheers and thanks!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Speotyto

Many of the chemicals they say are safe for people, like the ones you talk about in the composite fillings, are safe with limited exposure....like once or twice a year. I am sure you are using them on a five day a week basis.

Sometimes the need for medicines is caused by an intollerance to an initial medicine. Doctors then give you other meds with side effects of their own to treat the problems from the initial med.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Many of the chemicals they say are safe for people, like the ones you talk about in the composite fillings, are safe with limited exposure....like once or twice a year. I am sure you are using them on a five day a week basis.

Sometimes the need for medicines is caused by an intollerance to an initial medicine. Doctors then give you other meds with side effects of their own to treat the problems from the initial med.

Absolutely right Rickymouse,

Take a look on Methacrylate, it's very bad, not even gloves can protect us from that (so how am my supposed to protect myself ? they say not to touch it, but all composite have it, not touching it ever is utopia). And I am exposed let's say more than 10 times a day to this venom. Not to mention others... one thing I do at least is keep my window open all day (it's not that big) even with air-conditioning... people find that strange but I can't let the office closed and suffocate in poisons

Sorry for the short answer, gotta go now... will reply later.

Cheers,

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I forgot to tell you that when I went to the doc about my depression she tried to put me on Prozac or aropax and I said "no way Jose", just about my whole family on my dads side are on anti depressants, not me, no way. I am convinced they should all go gluten free or at least try it for 6 months,, my dad tried it for one year and low and behold his mood lightened, his eczema on his face cleared up and his constant sneezing stopped except for the evenings when I he could not give up his beer and whiskey, but he is old and stubborn and stuck in his ways so found it to hard. Also my brother has developed adult epilepsy from age 39, I am convinced this is due to gluten over load, he has all classic signs of gluten allergy, but he won't even consider the idea. Apparently about 30% of the Caucasian population are gluten allergic but don't realise, what blood type are you! just curious as type O, supposedly oldest blood type before cultivation of wheat. Anyway sorry to blab on again.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

You could install an ioniser that would help clear a lot of bad stuff out of the air.

Israeli scientists have proved fluoride is one of the reasons for anxiety it stops the acetylcholine enzyme being produced.

supplements are normally synthetic and therefore are not natural and will cause problems later on like cancer you must try and get your nutrients from foods where ever possible

The pharma drugs they are giving you will destroy your intestinal bacteria which restricts B12 production if your gut is balanced then you will start reproducing B12 as bacteria create this, you need b6 to revitalise your villi also okra is a great food to remove all the impurities out of your gut and rebalance your bacteria don't cook any food that you want amino acids from over 50 celsius. above this heat the protein aggregates and becomes toxic for your body the older you get.
also take seaweed with brown rice (high in selenium and magnesium and will enhance the iodine)this has all the goodies in that help with iron absorption especially Iodine. old.analytical.chem.itb.ac.id...

to get round the bacteria problem with your other meds you could take them as a suppository you might want to crush them up and dilute them with distilled water as this removes some of the toxins apparently.

this is what I've got for Iron

www.healingedge.net...

People can take all the iron they want but without folate B9 and B-12 it can not reach the cells

und.edu...

Iron replaces other vital minerals such as zinc, copper manganese, and many others in hundreds or even thousands of enzyme binding sites. This cause the enzymes to malfunction and leads to many physical and emotional symptoms.
oxalates and tannins bind with iron and make it much larger and therefore more difficult to adsorb

Iron is needed for countering fatigue headache, blood and enzymes involved in electron transfer

drlwilson.com...
detoxing Iron

en.wikipedia.org...

Phytate is an organic acid present in the hulls of plant seeds. It is the storage form of the mineral phosphorous. This chemical binds iron and calcium in the intestines. Chemicals called saponins protect DNA from damage and thus from cancer.

deficiency is normally down to lack of cobalt www.westonaprice.org...

Hydrochloric acid is present in the digestive juices of the human stomach. Excessive secretion of the acid causes gastric ulcers; a marked deficiency of it impairs the digestive process and is sometimes the primary cause of deficiency anemias. Exposure to 0.1 percent by volume hydrogen chloride gas in the atmosphere may cause death in a few minutes. Concentrated hydrochloric acid causes burns and inflammation of the skin

Pork can cause Anemia

Iron folate B12 Vit C riboflavin and copper

Borax balances hormones

Vitamin C and sulphur 10 grams of each spaced out through the day

en.wikipedia.org...
vitamin B12 content per 100g serving (% in RDA) are as follows:[61] Mussels 1267% Mackerel 317%, Herring 312%, Salmon 302%, Liverwurst Sausage 224%, Crab 192%, Tuna 181%, Goose Liver 157%, Emu Steak 156%, Bluefish 104%, Beef (lean fat part) 103%, New England Clam Chowder 80%, Lobster 67%, Lamb (shoulder part) 62%, Swiss Cheese 56%, Manhattan Clam Chowder 55%, Chicken eggs 33%.

www.healthaliciousness.com...
stinging nettles

drlwilson.com...
detoxing Iron

Iron replaces other vital minerals such as zinc, copper manganese, and many others in hundreds or even thousands of enzyme binding sites. This causes the enzymes to malfunction and leads to many physical and emotional symptoms.

foods rich in vitamin C (which can triple the bioavailability of iron) - See more at: www.parentingscience.com...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

phytic acid (found in grains, legumes, and other plant foods) • egg protein (from both the white and the yolk) • minerals that compete with iron for absorption: calcium, zinc, magnesium, and copper • tannic acid (in tea) • certain herbs, including peppermint and chamomile • coffee • cocoa • fiber - See more at: www.parentingscience.com...

curezone.com...
Iodine increases iron testimonial. You might want to get in contact with this guy

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Low levels of ferritin are seen in iron deficiency. Without enough iron, the body cannot produce sufficient levels of hemoglobin, a component of red blood cells that allows them to carry oxygen. Iron deficiency anemia is the result. Mild anemia may not produce symptoms at all.

Click What does a low ferritin level mean? for more details

Regards,
Alex
edit on 7-1-2015 by AlexzRoss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join