It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Immigration Executive Order? or was it just "Memoranda"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah it is.

The immigration system isn't broken to begin with.

The entire function of the LAW is to slow the flow of it so the country can handle what it already has.

Considering there have been 7 GD anmesty's over the last 30 years.

The problem isn't with the LAW.

It's with ENFORCEMENT of it.

I agree. Immigration laws fail because of enforcement with amnesties doing more to incentive more illegals to hop the border, but again this isn't really amnesty. It's just INS focusing its resources in other directions away from families with children. Believe it or not, government organizations have priorities, and Obama is making this one of them. That is entirely within the scope of his abilities as the head of the Executive Branch of government.

These people are still considered illegal immigrants and like I mentioned, all it will take is the next President to rescind this order and they are subject to deportation again.

Yes he does.

Amnesty is the PRIME EXAMPLE OF IT.

He has boldly declared the law 'matters' like the ACA then in the same breathe, and says the LAW doesn't matter with immigration.
That is some BIG TIME COGNITIVE DISSONANCE FROM HIM,, and his supporters.

Whatever, if you want to read that into it, by all means. It's too bad not a single charge brought against him has managed to stick. So I'm just going to say that you are wrong and buying into Republican rhetoric, which isn't surprising coming from you. I still don't agree with this plan, but I can at least be honest enough to recognize that Obama isn't breaking the law.

This is where you call me a progressive Obama-bot. Again...
edit on 24-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join