It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon's Flight to a New World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In His Dragon form, Syx takes a flight to round up some Good Sized Turkeys, Boar, and other Roastable Game for a Holiday Feast with His Family and Friends, coming soon. He flies over the open fields, and near mountain ranges in search of them.

Easily flying the skies near the closest open field, He sees a shimmering area in the air. Looking like a low lying cloud of sorts, He nears the unexpected marvel.

"This appears to have the same qualities of the sky over and around 'The Shed' of Many Moons ago." He thinks to himself."Perhaps to investigate further will provide something glorious?! It will be entertaining none the less."

Taking His chances, He dives into the swirling mass of Wavy air. Entering the mass, He is plunged into a whirlwind of colored light flashing in all directions, but in a tunnel like shape swirling around and before Him. He is taken hold of by a force of some kind and pulled into the chaotic vortex at tremendous speed! His wings are useless in this atmosphere as He hurls along......

A short time later He is now freed of the tunnel, and is very high above a strange new land! He immediately sweeps His wings attempting to catch air beneath them. Success! He can now navigate fully under His own power.

Thinking to Himself, "That was one wild ride!!" He begins to wander the skies of this new world. "This does not look like the Planet I know. If it is, I am perhaps on the other side of it?"

Looking up into the warm well lit sky He now sees two Suns! There also appears to be several small Moons, unlike the single Moon of His home world. 5 of them of similar size to be exact! A few of them radiate colors, one blue, one green, and one red. The others are the white He is used to.

"Such a strange and wonderful looking world this is. I am very pleased to have found such as this! The air tastes different as well here. It reminds Me of the cinnamon flavor used in cooking some of Our Boar, back'Home' but with a minty taste as well."

Spying movement below He drops for a closer look. What appears to be a small herd of game is actually some form of bi-pedal hooved upright walking beings of some kind. However they appear to have 4 fore arms with grasping hands?! The group is walking forward of the direction Syx is traveling. He also notices that they wear nothing for clothing. They all have very long hair, and seem quite muscular. They carry clubs, and long spears.

Now overhead and past the group, Syx looks back and sees that some carry smaller beings in their arms. "Those carrying the little ones must be Female." Syx thinks. "They have breasts that small children feed from like the Females back Home."

He decides to see what this is all about, His curiosity taking hold . Spotting a clear place to set down, Syx flies ahead of the group a bit further along their intended route to land. Setting down He sees the eyes of these creatures get wide in disbelief! They all drop down under the slight cover of the weeds they are passing through, chattering with grunting, clicking and snapping noises among themselves. Closer now to them, Syx sees their faces are nothing like the Humans of His Home Planet. They have long snouts, as the Wolves of home and large dark eyes. Two tusks protrude from their lower jaw up and forewards. Sharp teeth are hanging down from their upper jaw as well giving them a formadable appearance!

3 at the front of the group then charge at Syx as He stands still watching this apparent attack! He stands upright taking a deep breath. Exhaling a huge FireStream towards but above the heads of His attackers, Syx hopes this will thwart their attack. It worked as they stop dead in their tracks at this turn of events. Fear and Panic show on their faces, that turns quickly to wonder and amazement. They drop to one knee and bow their heads towards Syx, who stands in matching wonder and amazement. Still a bit leery, Syx decides to try to communicate the Spoken word.

"Greetings and Salutations ! I am called Syx on My Homeworld. By what may I call You as?" Syx tries to have them understand.

They just stare at Him, then look to one another and back to Syx.
Grunting slathering sound comes from the one most in front of the previously attacking trio. He seems to be repeating the same sounds, over and over. After a few repeats of the sounds, He simply looks at Syx with His mouth hanging open. He wipes a bit of drool from His lower jaw with a forearm.

The attempts at communication immediately stop as a group of about a dozen 'animals' charge the group from the nearby underbrush at the edge of the forest they stand near. The animals move very fast and the Bipeds stand fully erect and brandish their weapons before them. The females head the the rear of the pack with their apparent offspring held tight to their breasts. The dozen approaching animals are no match for the ones carrying the spears and clubs Who use them in a quick decisive fashion, dispensing the charging foe. The upright beings then gather the newly killed small beasts and place them into sacks that look like they are made of woven weeds. Syx can see that the killed are close in resemblance to the Rabbits of his old world. They do however have sharp teeth, below their extended upper jaw. The bottom jaw has one row of large sharp looking teeth that cannot be contained in their tiny mouth. Syx thinks of them as a cross between a Parahna and Rabbit. "How simply amazing this new world is!" He thinks to Himself............

Syx then realizes someone is trying to get His attention. He hears, "Syx! Wake up!! Are You alright?" Syx now realizes it is the voice of one His Friends from back Home."Syx!! We saw You dive towards a shimmering pocket of air, and then were thrown down to the ground, for lack of a better description! We have been trying to wake you for some time now! Are You ok?!"

"Oh My! You mean I have not been gone for a time now? I was on another World, far far from this one! There were, there was, well now I don't know what to think. It all seemed so real!" Syx said in desperation to try to come to grips with what was, or is real.

"What are You on about Syx?! You have been lying on the ground here for the duration of what has been a non conscious state for a while now. You have not gone to another world physically, but perhaps in Your mind?"

"Yes that is indeed possible I think. That by crashing to Earth, my Head was struck hard and I 'drifted' off? It all seemed so real......"

Syx then relates His tale of how He got to the New Planet and all He saw there. The others were so enthralled in the story that now they wondered if He actually did somehow visit the New Planet of Wonders............

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak Hey SyxPak,
Great story!!! Do you have future adventures in the works for Syx? He is a great character to build on.
I sure hope he has a future.

S&F
edit on 24-11-2014 by nrthstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Good Job Mike!

I thought Syx was gonna fry the pirhabbits!! (Lines I didn't think I was going to hear today #17...)

G

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nice story Syx!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: nrthstar

Hi!! Thanx for the s+f!! I do have more stories with Syx the Dragon in them at My profile here. There like 6 more there with either Flight or Dragon in the titles. Other stories and poems there as well.
Thanx for reading this one and I am glad You liked it!!

I believe Dragons Flight was my first tale......

edit on 24-11-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Thanx Gordy! I thought about cooking those critters, but didn't want to spoil my dinner! LOL!! Never did end up getting our grub either did I? LOL!! oh well, next flight maybe, eh? LOL!!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You night! Glad Ya liked it!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

this is pretty good hun..but i like them all..

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Thanx Cc Hunny!! I'm glad Ya like this and All of em!!
Me.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Great imagery! Love the dragon stories, theyre always so fun to read!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Thank You Jenne!!! I have more tales of Syx the Dragon in My head. Now to get them on the puter will be a little while yet! LOL!!!

Syx.

new topics

top topics

join