It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Déjà vu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I get ultra-strong dejavu before I have an epileptic seizure.

That's my particular Aura.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IngyBall
a reply to: engvbany
Well, I have never had epilepsy ...

Loss of consciousness and/or convulsions are not necessarily present ...

Partial_seizure#Simple_focal_seizure

Absence_seizure#Signs_and_symptoms

originally posted by: IngyBall
... and it says that scientist are unsure what disorder is connected with Deja Vu.

They are sure there is a strong association with epilepsy,
( it also has as increased incidence in those with other neurological disorders ).

If you are having déjà-vu somewhere between once a week and once a day, as you have stated, then you should mention this to your doctor, as this puts you in the 2%-5% extremity of society. [ If someone was in the tallest or fattest or thinnest 2% of society then they should seek medical advice because they are so far from the norm , it may be that no intervention is required (or possible) , but if you're physically or mentally in a 2% extremity a medical professional should review your situation ].
edit on 25-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unrealised

Where's my invite to your your forthcoming nuptials ?.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Déjà-vu is a brain-glitch.
Anyone getting Déjà-vu daily needs to see a neurologist ...

you have real issues with other people believing in what they choose don't you?

There is no prophesy involved , your brain is incorrectly telling you "I've seen/heard this before" when in reality you haven't.

You are so wrong its not even worth explaining as you wont understand, I hope you will one day it might be a breath of fresh air for you.

analogy: imagine when you searched for a file on your computer that the software which did that was intermittently faulty, and for a few minutes it always answered "yes I've found that file" even if you didn't have a copy of that file on your computer. That's déjà vu.

Yes your mind is just as easily programmed like a computer.

That analogy doesn't even come close to explaining deja vu in my experiences, some yes it might indicate a similarity but an many other occasions not even close,

But hey I need to see a neurologist s my brain is incorrect, right?

If that is the case recruit some epileptics to predict your lottery numbers as they get plenty of déjà-vu when they are not on medication ...

its not about prediction, deja vu has nothing to do with prediction, an unconscious premonition might suit a bit better as the person is not aware of the premonition until after the fact.

What about a headache analogy : if you got a quarterly headache its probably not worth bothering a doctor about it , but if you get a headache most days then an appointment with the doctor would be appropriate. [ Same goes for déjà-vu ].

Other might be a little self dependent than you and simply take a headache tablet before seeing a doctor.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
you have real issues with other people believing in what they choose don't you?

I bothers me that some people may have an undiagnosed treatable illness , which if untreated could result in permanent disability or premature death. It bothers me that they mistakenly believe they can predict the future , which could cause them serious problems , e.g. via gambling.

You are so wrong its not even worth explaining ...

The statement immediately above is equivalent to : “my beliefs are indefensible” , ( because they are incorrect ).

But hey I need to see a neurologist s my brain is incorrect, right?

if anyone is getting déjà-vu on a weekly-to-daily frequency, then yes, they should see a neurologist as they may have a treatable illness which could kill them , ( and the passengers in the car they’re driving if they have a seizure ).

... the person is not aware of the premonition until after the fact.

If they are only aware “after the fact” then it’s not a premonition.
In reality it’s a brain-fart , a hiccup , a glitch, an intermittent electrical fault. Everybody gets them occasionally , but if you're experiencing them at 10x - 50x the average frequency then you should see a doctor.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I bothers me that some people may have an undiagnosed treatable illness , which if untreated could result in permanent disability or premature death. It bothers me that they mistakenly believe they can predict the future , which could cause them serious problems , e.g. via gambling.

Why?

You seem so heartless so why would it bother you.

They believe they can predict the future?

Gambling?

I guess you are using your premonition powers here

If they are only aware “after the fact” then it’s not a premonition.

I didn't say it was did I?

Nothing else to add when you cant or wont comprehend what written.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You seem so heartless ...

Contradicting people doesn’t make me heartless : it’s for their own good that I’m disabusing them. [ Some will shoot the messenger , but I'm prepared for that ].

[engvbany wrote] If they are only aware “after the fact” then it’s not a premonition. [/engvbany]

I didn't say it was did I?

Yes you did : I’m quoting you verbatim , here's a screengrab , ( click on it to enlarge) ...

Nothing else to add when you cant or wont comprehend what written.

I can comprehend fine , I just don't believe in prophesy , but do believe that the evidence shows déjà-experiences are explicable as an intermittent neurological fault, which is strongly associated with epilepsy.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yes you did : I’m quoting you verbatim , here's a screengrab , ( click on it to enlarge) ...

Here let me quote myself as you seem to jumping forward and not comprehending whats said to you.

its not about prediction, deja vu has nothing to do with prediction, an unconscious premonition might suit a bit better as the person is not aware of the premonition until after the fact.

Do you see the word unconscious which in psychological terms means the person is unaware of that they have had a premonition and will only be conscious/aware that it was a premonition after they experience the situation that gives them the deja vu.

Before that Its just a thought, and that thought comes back to a person when they actually experience what they have thought of previously.

I can comprehend fine , I just don't believe in prophesy

Yes you sure can and prophecy isn't mentioned anywhere in our little discussion so Im out.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Do you see the word unconscious which in psychological terms means the person is unaware ...

By definition a person does not know what is in their subconscious, so your hypothesis is untestable . Untestable hypotheses are just a waste of time.

... had a premonition and will only be conscious/aware that it was a premonition after they experience the situation.

You're suggesting an event is foreseen by the subconscious, but if the person is only aware "after the event" there is no evidence of premonition.

... prophecy isn't mentioned anywhere in our little discussion ...

You allege the "unconscious" has premonitions ,
premonition = prophesy ...

Also the OP uses the words “foreseen” and “predict” , and the gist of what they are saying is [misinterpreting] déjà-experiences as prophesy. So the concept of prophesy has been repeatedly mentioned in this "little discussion" , including by yourself when you've repeatedly use the word "premonition".

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My words will fall on deaf ears for those who only believe what mainstream academia purports.
My explanation of Deja Vu is inter related with a larger over view.

But first I would like to tackle this ... why is it that this phenomena is being labelled as an illness ...
One of the easiest things to do is label that we do not understand as an illness of mind ...
To do such is a deliberate undermining for some hidden motive or agenda.

Now I do not expect any nor care that any agree with what I am about say.
However I do ask that you keep you open mind.
What is an open mind ... It is the setting aside of already accepted ideas in the light of new information and also maintaining a healthily scepticism.

So here is my explanation of what Deja Vu is :-

One is not the body ... One is a soul who inhabits a body for a life span in order to fulfil one's purpose for being on Earth.
When you fall asleep you in effect leave your body ... it ticks over till the concious being rejoins it ... Meanwhile the concious being or soul or spirit whatever you may call it is elsewhere ... I call this being in the transit realms ...

In the transit realms we meet with our soul companions in both this life and even those that have passed over ... We are shown our shortcomings and plan out the next day ... In Soul we have a better understanding of who we are and our purpose ....... On Earth it is so difficult to fulfil one's soul purpose ... The reason for this is Indoctrination which is a whole other subject that I will not delve into here ... only to say it begins when we are born.

So in the transit realms we plan out the day ahead and how we will be in a soul way and also the alternative ... that being our indoctrinated way ... Deja Vu is simply a recalling of what we already knew/planned and also the Soul nudging us to take note and realise that there is something much more going on.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
... why is it that this phenomena is being labelled as an illness ...

déjà-experiences are intermittent malfunctions , analogous to misremembering , or mispronouncing , which everybody does occasionally, so not necessarily illness , everybody is not ill. However if it’s happening at ten to fifty times the average frequency then it is consistent with a neurological disorder being present and should be investigated by a doctor.

originally posted by: artistpoet
So here is my explanation of what Deja Vu is :-
... So in the transit realms we plan out the day ahead ...

Like "unconscious" mentioned earlier, the "transit realms" are a region which cannot be examined , so our time has been wasted with yet another untestable hypothesis. If ones "unconscious" / soul knew you would have a fatal accident in the day ahead shouldn't it have warned you about it ?, if not then what is the use of [allegedly] having a subconscious which can foresee the future if it doesn't help you survive ?. If the ability to see the future had ever existed there would natural selection for it , as those with it would have a better chance of survival , so if that ability had ever come into being we would all have it. In reality I don't , you don't , nobody does.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You say:-
"déjà-experiences are intermittent malfunctions , analogous to misremembering , or mispronouncing , which everybody does occasionally, so not necessarily “illness” , everybody is not ill. However if it’s happening at ten to fifty times the average frequency then it is consistent with a neurological disorder being present and should be investigated by a doctor."

How can you label Deja Vu as a misremembering without knowing the mind of the one experiencing it ... For example ... Though I have only once experienced this phenomena I know without doubt it was not an intermittent malfunction nor an analogous misremembering ... also a related aspect is that of predictive dreams ... Something I have experienced for real.

You say :-
"Like "unconscious" mentioned earlier, the "transit realms" are a region which cannot be examined , so our time has been wasted with yet another untestable hypothesis. If ones "unconscious" / soul knew you would have a fatal accident in the day ahead shouldn't it have warned you about it ?, if not then what is the use of [allegedly] having a subconscious which can foresee the future if it doesn't help you survive ?. If the ability to see the future had ever existed there would natural selection for it , as those with it would have a better chance of survival , so if that ability had ever come into being we would all have it. In reality I don't , you don't , nobody does."

You can only speak for self if you think your time has been wasted by my post. Others can speak for themselves.
Also you misconstrue unconscious with concious and fail to understand what I posted ... You argumentative point falls apart in that ... Yes we can predict the future at times and Yes some people do know more than you give credit to ... Funny that after reading the thread I knew it would be you who would attempt to undermine my post ... as I said I am not bothered if you or any believe me or not ... I am merely passing on information ... A new perspective for you to pooh pooh or consider ...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
on second thoughts I'll not bother responding to the previous post: they have wasted enough of my time.
edit on 25-11-2014 by engvbany because: there is no option to delete a post

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Last year, my daughter (then 15 yrs. old) over a period of about 2, maybe 3 weeks, had several Deja vu episodes which were unusual in that there was a physical component of nausea and an anxiousness...

- The worst one was one day walking home from the bus stop, she turned the corner of our street just as a car was coming to the "yield" sign...

...She said the incident was so intense that her arms wrapped round her middle, she sort of 'half' doubled over, and the phrase, "time is relevant" (she somehow equated the word to 'relative') was repeating over and over in her mind...It was quite frightening to her..

The very next day at the same spot, it happened again, but much less intense...

I had heard that deja vu can indicate seizure disorder, so I instructed her to make sure and tell me, even if just very small instances happened, but after that last one, it hasn't happened in almost a year, which makes me wonder if there was something a bit 'supernatural' going on for those couple weeks...

I had never heard of anyone having extreme physical effects with deja vu...
edit on 25-11-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl
... Deja vu episodes which were unusual in that there was a physical component of nausea and an anxiousness ... I had never heard of anyone having extreme physical effects with deja vu ...

Nausea and dysphoria and déjà-vu occur in focal, aka, partial seizure ...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_seizure#Presentation wrote :-
" While awake some common symptoms of simple partial seizures are:- preserved consciousness sudden and inexplicable feelings of fear, anger, sadness, happiness or nausea sensations of falling or movement experiencing of unusual feelings or sensations altered sense of hearing, smelling, tasting, seeing, and tactile perception (sensory illusions or hallucinations), or feeling as though the environment is not real (derealization) or dissociation from the environment or self (depersonalization) a sense of spatial distortion—things close by may appear to be at a distance. déjà-vu (familiarity) or jamais vu (unfamiliarity) laboured speech or inability to speak at all usually the event is remembered in detail "
en.wikipedia.org...

originally posted by: lostgirl
... The very next day at the same spot, it happened again, but much less intense...

There can be triggers for seizure, just about anything , including being at a particular location , or a hearing a particular piece of music, aka "musicogenic seizure" , (no really). Flashing lights and striped patterns can be triggers , e.g. sunlight flashing through gaps in a fence as they move past it , or striped road markings ...

epilepsyresearch.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/13_photo sensitivity1.pdf

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Thank you for the links, it was thoughtful of you to take the time to post, and I will save them in case she ever has more such episodes..

- I was concerned at the time that it could be seizure disorder related and would have had her checked by doctor, but it was only 3 - 4 times over those couple weeks, and hasn't happened again for almost a year...

edit on 26-11-2014 by lostgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

premonition = prophesy ...

No, nothing to do with with prophets and biblical writings.

Also the OP uses the words “foreseen” and “predict” , and the gist of what they are saying is [misinterpreting] déjà-experiences as prophesy. So the concept of prophesy has been repeatedly mentioned in this "little discussion" , including by yourself when you've repeatedly use the word "premonition".

NO, I am not the OP and premonition can be in incorrect terms exchanged with prophecy, however when I use the term I don't mean prophecy but premonition.

Why don't you actually read the definitions of both words, I agree they can be exchanged using the term incorrectly but not here with what I am saying.

on second thoughts I'll not bother responding to the previous post: they have wasted enough of my time.

Please do with mine as well.

Not once have I discounted what you offer but have simply given my own personal experiences and views on the subject.

Maybe I didn't articulate my point as well as I could but your not worth the time explaining anything too as you wont or cannot understand matter that are beyond you and what science has to offer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join