It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice needed, (letting someone down)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's possible she does in fact have Erotomania, which is a form of delusional disorder. People affected with this disorder can appear to socialize and function normally to most everyone, unless of course the subject of their delusions is focused on you.

Although I wouldn't say you're in any apparent danger (wife rumble XIX aside), I would definitely take the advice others have given you and consult an outside source. This isn't just for your sake, but for her sake as well if she is inflicted with a potentially life effecting disorder. Bipolar mania is also often accompanied by this disorder, and she may change her tune on you to violence or lying if her delusion is endangered. The sooner you get this squared away, the better.

edit on 24-11-2014 by Septimus because: added more info

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Definitely give your wife a heads up!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Craninalbliss

Ok...
"...is she psychotic? does she obsessive have compulsive disorder? or am i paranoid?"

Maybe. Probably. No, you are not paranoid. Just say NO....nicely. With a smile...and keep saying NO.

*PS BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...have I been there before!

I wont go into detail how crazy it got...'cause youll just get scared!!

Be nice, be firm...stay friendly
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Tell her your husband is getting suspicious.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Before you do anything you need to document something in case she retaliates by going to HR in the future.

Honestly, I would talk to my manager about the situation just to give them a heads up. I don't like doing things like that but you have to cover yourself in case she is psychotic and decides to make your life a living hell. You could even talk to HR prior to speaking to the employee and get advice on how to proceed so that if the situation does escalate you're safe.

Do not speak to her before doing one of the above. Just don't do it. I know that it's almost like backstabbing but there are some crazy people out there. I worked in an office for years and saw so many different things happen within that span of time that this is my best advice to you.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sounds like she might be obsessive, be very cautious. A girl I knew once told her friends I'd sexually assaulted her just so they wouldn't talk to me.
I'd recommend talking to a boss about it asap, you can't let that sort of thing continue.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The above posters are correct, notify HR! If she gets pissed enough, God only knows what this woman could be capable of. Obviously she has some sort of mental issues or she wouldn't still be bothering you. This is not the behavior of a normal adult. Common sense tells the rest of us that you are married with children and have no interest in an affair. You made it crystal clear to her yet still she continues to pursue you.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Well, if you have already made clear that nothing is going to happen between the pair of you, and the behaviour which makes you uncomfortable has continued, then I am having a hard time understanding her motivation here.

If you would not mind, would you outline precisely what you last said to her on the subject, and what she said in response to your protestations?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join