It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog has just farted... HELP???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sometimes I just want to pull apart my labradors head with a claw hammer?

I TOLD Mrs R NOT to give the rest of yesterdays Brussel sprouts to the dog???

AAARRGGGHHHHHHHH....

Kindest smelly respects

Rodinus

OMG... he has just boffed again.......

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

Dog farts are brutal.

So brutal.

Betcha he's proud of himself tho.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Godspeed Rod.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

LOL Rod! I know right? Our dog loves veggies too, but they don't like Him! The digestive tract seems to go into overdrive, and the resulting gas buildup, has to go somewhere!

Right into our noses, Right?! LOL!!!

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Brussel sprouts and dogs =

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Light a match.

Not kidding, the sulfur from lighting a old fashioned wooden match mitigates dog farts!
Surely some chem major will wander in and explain this?
LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

LOL! But wouldn't the resulting FireBall do some damage!?? LOL!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Farting - Flatulence - Gas - in dogs Some tips on preventing smelly dog farts

Things you can do to reduce farting (the negative effects of dog flatulence)

Firstly it should be mentioned that infections, diseases and disorders of the GI tract can cause excess gas production so if your dog has any other symptoms apart from flatulence get him checked by your veterinarian.

* If a dog has excessive farting (flatulence) with a foul odor the culprit is likely to be dietary. Change your dog's diet choosing a premium brand of dog food that is highly digestible.

* Many cheaper brands of dog food contain a lot of corn and soy products for fillers. This gives your dog the feeling of being full, but also can contribute to a smelly gas problem.

* When choosing kibble select only high quality kibble. It will also reduce the amount of waste product, meaning less gas, and less smell too.

* Feed your dog the best quality of food that you can afford. If you put rubbish in then rubbish will come out.

* Exercise the dog more frequently to stimulate his intestines. A good walk can work wonders.

* Eliminate Soy Products. Many processed dog foods contain Soy. Read pet food labels.

* If feeding table scraps avoid giving vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, beans, peas, cabbage and other foods such as bread and fried foods. Spicy food should also be avoided.

* Avoid Dairy Products. (except for yogurt, see below)

* Try feeding your dog yogurt. Although yogurt is a dairy food it has different properties to milk and cheese. Yogurt has good bacteria and can be very beneficial in treating excess gas. Feed two to three tablespoons of plain, organic non-fat yogurt a day. Look for labels that indicate that the yogurt contains live and active cultures; these are the cultures which help digestion. Reduction in pet flatulence won't happen overnight. Note your dogs progress after about a week.

* Try probiotics. Probiotics for dogs and digestive enzymes help to reduce the amount of bad bacteria and toxins in the dog's body and are used to restore the normal balance of microflora (bacteria) in the gastrointestinal tract. In other words, probiotics are the "good, friendly bacteria" that are used to combat the "bad, harmful bacteria" that have grown out of proportion The result is a cleaner and more efficient digestive system.

* Feed your dog more frequently with smaller portions. Feed three small meals instead of one large meal to keep the dog from gulping food and swallowing air.

I would add, get an AIBO

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My buddy has a bulldog and when we go camping he leaves it with his wife's parents who feed him people food and than send him home.

My idea...they say when he eats broccoli he gets a tad ripe.
Next time...feed him broccoli before we drop him off as a punishment for feeding him people food and sending him home while denying they fed him people food.

Payback can be a biatch.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

You'd think , right????
But no.

Friends of ours had 6-7 dogs who loved spaghetti as a treat, however....predictably the rest of the evening was "aromatic"
he'd hand everyone a box of matches and within a few minutes everything was back to normal.

Will say this isn't recommended for people who also have toddlers mixed in with the dogs & rest of the family. The little's are too impressionable!!!

With our dogs I found out the more you add a little different bits of veggies to their diet instead of just occasional treats, the better their systems handled it. (no gas)

Heck I have a "foodie-cat" who's idea of heaven is mashed rutabaga.....he foraged the bacon-mustard brussel sprouts like a champ. No side effects except a couple of astonished humans....

This is going to be a Looooong winter, just sayin'

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have a friend who use to babysit her son's rottweiler frequently on weekends so he could go out partying with his friends. She started feeding the dog brussels sprouts an hour before the son picked the dog up. The son had a small pickup and lived an hour away. He started getting a neighbor to watch his dog.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My dog farts audibly and then looks at his bum as if he's so surprised.

I feel your pain, Rod.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Small price to pay to get rid of Brussel sprouts.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Pull your shirt over your nose if you can and take shallow breaths. Lighting a match might help. Then, there are room deodorizers but your room might end up smelling like poo covered flowers (or whatever kind of spray you use). Gas masks are nice, too.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Smell my pain???
a reply to: graceunderpressure

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Mrs R was not too proud when he crept up to her face last night in the bed room and blatently boffed in her face...

How I laughed at 2 in the morning!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

a reply to: tothetenthpower

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"Grins"

Skidmark says it all!

a reply to: Skid Mark

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
No dogs for us anymore, but my husband thinks it's funny to secretly tank the cat up on pepperoni & salami. The smell is atrocious, absolutely eyeball-melting.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Your husband is a Sadist and should ne proud... Does he want an aging labrador?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure

haha! Both of mine fart and then look at me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join