It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel set to make Arabs second class citizens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

AFTER an angry debate, the Israeli cabinet has endorsed a controversial bill declaring the country a Jewish state, a move that will alienate the Palestinian minority further and push the government closer to early elections.

The bill affirms that Jewish law should inspire the Israeli legal system, and reserves other “national rights” for Jews, including the right to immigrate. If passed by the full Knesset, it would become a “basic law,” akin to a constitutional amendment.

Binyamin Netanyahu ... called the proposal a “necessary” step to balance Israel’s “Jewish and democratic” nature.

“[ISRAEL] has equal individual rights for every citizen, and we insist on this,” he said. “But only the Jewish people have national rights."

Israel set to make Arabs second class citizens

Mr Netanyahu has published his own wording for the proposed law, listing 14 principles that include declaring that “the State of Israel is democratic and founded on the principles of liberty, justice and peace in accordance with the visions of the Prophets of Israel”.

The draft, which was released to the media, pledges to “uphold the individual rights of all of Israel’s citizens”, but also says that only the Jewish people have a right of self-determination in Israel.

The phrasing appears to rule out any bi-national state with the Palestinians, but makes no reference to the independent country they seek in the Gaza strip and the occupied West Bank and east Jerusalem in a stalled peace process brokered by the US.

“A flag, anthem, the right of every Jew to immigrate to the country, and other national symbols. These are granted only to our people, in its one and only state,” Mr Netanyahu said in public remarks at the cabinet meeting.

The citizenship bill goes to the Knesset on Wednesday. Arabs make up about 20 per cent of Israel’s population and strongly oppose it.

I can't help but think the passing of these laws are akin to shooting oneself in the foot. Israel wants to be given the benefit of the doubt regarding Palestine and human rights, but these laws will only cause further deterioration between the Palestinians and the Jews. It is pretty retarded that only those of Jewish faith or heritage will be able to seek 'self-determination' in Israel, when 20% of the population are Palestinians.

I am expecting some backlash in the international scene as a result of these moves. While i understand that no state really presses Israel on these matters, there seems to be a shift occurring. I think Israel will be criticised for the passing of these laws.

For those of whom cannot see the material in the news article provided, here is another from the Guardian which outlines much the same information:

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 24-11-2014 by daaskapital because: added another article

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The Zionists don't care. They are Racists and bigots. They have been persecuting the Palestinians ever since they took over Palestinian land.

Just a pity that some of the Jewish community have taken on the mind set of the Zionists.

As far as the rest of the world is concerned, Israel is a Rogue Terrorist State!

But as Far as Israel is concerned they think they are God's Chosen Ones and they can do no wrong.

This Citizenship Bill is just another nail in the Palestinian Coffin!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tedgoat

Yes, i agree. The extreme Jewish politicians do not care.

That said, i think these laws will ultimately lead to increased support of a Palestinian state. The majority of the world already recognises a sovereign Palestine. I believe that these laws, if passed, will bring unintended consequences to Israel's door.

It is only a matter of time until Palestinians gain their independence, and it will come sooner than expected if Israel presses on with these policies.
edit on 24-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The only thing I can think of is that Israel and its parliament have a death wish. This action will only serve to make those countries that do associated themselves with Israel as a democracy distance themselves from her.

The jews don't seem to think that the world has moved on since their religion started. We all know things like the exodus didn't happen, Ashterah is the wife of Yahweh and was worshipped equally in the original temple and they were not the first men and women in the world in the garden of eden because men and women existed outside or it and cain had to be marked on his head to keep him alive. Genesis is taken from other cultures and there never was a flood. Its a fake religion with fake people running israel today because many true jews still believe that a convert is never fully a jew.

But we live in a multicultural world and the world is trying to get a world of tolerance for different races, religions etc etc yet israel is the elephant in the room on this one and is going against the rest of the world's ambitions. Of course we have nationalists and people who honestly don't believe in mixed marriages but with the opening up of borders and so many people the 'old ways' are not practical any longer.

You already have palestinians carrying out gorilla warfare to the ordinary israeli as I doubt they can get near nety and his cronies so one has to ask who would want to live like that when you could have peace by respecting palestinian and other religions's rights and creating a state for palestinians within which they would have a sense of security.

Nety what on earth are you thinking? Already there are protests against israel on the streets of your closest allies countries and people are on to your messing with other countries politics and murders your mossad carry out which, in truth no one agrees with and no one will want to be on your side. Stupid man.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Exactly what here do you disagree with and find offensive?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I find the existence of Israel to be offensive.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tedgoat
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I find the existence of Israel to be offensive.

You're about to get 'Razored' - don't take offense.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
So you think that muslims will be offended by this, the same muslims that have countries with sharia law?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Here in Canada we are not allowed to promote Christmas in our schools because it offends other faiths held by our soon to be majority immigrant population. I guess it is a part of civilized multiculturalism that Israel does not feel it should tolerate.

Hoosierdaddy pointed out that this probably is not much different as states that honour sharia law and I agree. We should classify Israel in the same category as those states.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
But we live in a multicultural world and the world is trying to get a world of tolerance for different races, religions etc etc.

Yes, we have seen how tolerant the Islamic ISIS terrorists are to anyone who is not a muslim, we have seen the Hamas terrorists, having in their charter the vow destroy Israel... they are very tolerant....

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

But we live in a multicultural world and the world is trying to get a world of tolerance for different races, religions etc etc.

Yes, we have seen how tolerant the Islamic ISIS terrorists are to anyone who is not a muslim, we have seen the Hamas terrorists, having in their charter the vow destroy Israel... they are very tolerant....

Instead of using ISIS to justify Israel why not just admit they are both terrorist organizations and neither should be considered allies until they have shown a history of tolerance, which neither is currently capable of.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

How about this for starters.

the State of Israel is democratic

It seems that both you and the nation of Israel needs to learn what makes a Democracy. In a Democracy everyone is equal and certainly no one group is above all others. Every time Israel calls itself a Democracy they dirty the word. If you want to know what else is offensive when it comes to Israel just ask.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

ISIS is not a nation and have never claimed to be a Democracy. Also you can clearly see that the Likud charter is being upheld seeing how Palestine is being wiped off the map.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So you think that muslims will be offended by this, the same muslims that have countries with sharia law?

It doesn't affect them or their nations why should they be offended? The only Muslims that will be offended by this are the ones living in Israel.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I expect to be reading more news about 'Suicide' attacks and/or other bombs going off and the conflict over 'Gaza' a never ending story!

That's all a 'Law' like this will do...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It is sad that there is an attempt to codify Israel's drift to the right. For Israel's sake, I hope the Knesset rejects the measure. Israel needs to remain a modern, secular state if it is to survive.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Israel is the last stand for Jews of Europe and Nort Africa. It is this special thing that means Israel will commit itself to survival. It wouldn't exist if it were not for an Austrian, those people would be living in Bratislava, Warsaw, Berlin and Cassablanca

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Israel is the last stand for Jews of Europe and Nort Africa. It is this special thing that means Israel will commit itself to survival. It wouldn't exist if it were not for an Austrian, those people would be living in Bratislava, Warsaw, Berlin and Cassablanca

I agree that Israel must survive if the Jewish culture is to survive. The problem is, if Israel goes from a secular nation that accommodates Jewish law to a nation governed by Jewish law, the interpretation of that law becomes the key to political power. This will lead to sectarian conflict of the sort that is destroying the Islamic world.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

The non-existent Charter that Hamas have themselves said is irrelevant to proceedings...

How about the Likud Charter that calls for the destruction of the Palestinian State?

That Zionist playbook you clutch tightly to your bosom, became old several years ago.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It is not my position to find this offensive. I am not an Arab living in Israel, who will, if these laws are passed, be treated as a second class citizen of the state. That said, i disagree with the entire premise of the laws.

A state can have an official religion without providing special treatment to one class of people. These laws will solidify Israel's position as a Jewish state, while providing Jewish citizens with rights to 'self-determination'. Under this bill, all people in Israel will share a common adherence to the law, but Jews will be granted special privileges based on their faith and heritage. Hell, draft documents mentioned the removal of Arabic as an official language. Really, what's the point in that when 20% of their population are Arab? The laws are fundamentally unfair. You can't claim to treat all citizens as equal subjects when 80% of the people are afforded special privileges.

I disagree with the premise of these laws. Israel can still be a Jewish state without following the prescribed path. I wonder what else they have in the bill...
edit on 24-11-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join