It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US policy - number one driver of terrorism in the Mideast, around the world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
Here we have yet another thread where someone posts facts about U.S. policy toward the rest of the world and how they are doing more harm than good, and along come the posters with horse blinders on screaming about how the US is the Greatest and How Dare Anyone Say Anything Bad About Them.

I predict this thread will end in a few deletions, a banning or two and Ignorance definitely NOT Denied.

As the world turns, these are the days of our lives.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blister
American disrespectful attitude in a single sentence. I rest my case.

Funny coming from you, after the incredibly rude and childish post you made in the other thread.

I remember a man talking about worrying about the plank in your own eye before you comment on the speck in your brother's.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

What facts? It's a blog from someone who makes the rounds on Russian and Iranian press. It's an op-ed, all opinion. I perused the op-ed and saw zero facts, not 1.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the yelling about how Great and Mighty America is.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Blister

the USA counter-terrorism policies are the best package of power projection under which the World, the whole Globe, is made Safe for Corporations to operate in.....

It's called Pax Americana

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all the yelling about how Great and Mighty America is.

So in other words you prefer to act like a child than have an actual discussion. Noted.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Wrong. I'm just not going to get into a debate with someone who clearly has blinders on.

Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Wrong. I'm just not going to get into a debate with someone who clearly has blinders on.

Have a nice day.

Blinders as in calling an op-ed piece "fact" because it supports what you want to be true? Thought so. When you are done acting like a child let us know.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I think that's the one fault that blinds Americans, they have been taught adnausium how great America is, most Americans never leave America, they don't really need to, great climate, great food, everyone, mostly, speak the same language, so, over the years, a somewhat insular view builds up, in some cases, history is their own worst enemy.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Still trying?

I call it FACT because I know what my own two eyes see is happening to the world. If I could be bothered I would go and find the supporting evidence to this article - if I thought it would help. As you clearly have blinders on I think I can safely come to the conclusion that no amount of evidence will change your opinion so therefore it is not worth my time to do so.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I think that's the one fault that blinds Americans, they have been taught adnausium how great America is, most Americans never leave America, they don't really need to, great climate, great food, everyone, mostly, speak the same language, so, over the years, a somewhat insular view builds up, in some cases, history is their own worst enemy.

I would agree. I think we do ourselves a disservice by not learning more languages. That is changing though (I think). I personally can't imagine not having a desire to see the world, but many Americans don't have it. It's perplexing.

America is great, probably the greatest country to ever have existed on Earth (so far), which is why it's a double shame that the country has been hijacked from the people.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

America is great, probably the greatest country to ever have existed on Earth (so far),

American Exceptionalism nonsense at it's finest.

Where's YOUR facts and evidence to back this up?

(BTW thanks for COMPLETELY proving my point).

edit on 24/11/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

By all means, find the supporting articles...we can wait.

In the meantime I say, again, that greed is the main driving force and not US power brokers .

Out of curiosity, who else made the list?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I can actually sum up most of the evidence with a single word.

Ready for it?

Here it comes.....

Drumroll.......

IRAQ

I'm pretty sure you all bought into the lies and deceit involved with US foreign poilicy in Iraq. I shall be interested to read how you can explain invading them under false pretences...

kgo.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Most Americans never leave because its expensive as hell. Seriously its one of the main things I envy about Europe, everyone seems to travel so freely......anyway. We make due with Canada and Mexico.

Factor that in, then realize that nearly every young American wants to travel abroad but most end up stuck in the daily grind and we have a big ass, awesome country of our own to explore.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

America is great, probably the greatest country to ever have existed on Earth (so far),

American Exceptionalism nonsense at it's finest.

Where's YOUR facts and evidence to back this up?

(BTW thanks for COMPLETELY proving my point).

It's called an opinion. Your earlier post shows your lack of understanding between fact and opinion though. Go around the world and ask people if they could move to any country where would it be, I would guess America would be the #1 answer. In fact I just looked out of curiosity .. and I am right.

www.gallup.com...

There is my evidence, my facts. Bye.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Those false pretenses would be?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Umm.... WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION????

Seriously, how thick are those blinders you're wearing?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Cruises are a good alternative. I wanted to pick up a cruise for this month it was $220 per person for a 7 night cruise to Eastern Caribbean. So far my favorite vacation has been to the Philippines, such a beautiful country.

You are right though, most people simply can't afford to vacation elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Go around the world and ask people if they could move to any country where would it be, I would guess America would be the #1 answer. In fact I just looked out of curiosity .. and I am right.

www.gallup.com...

So you present an American poll, made by Americans to prove America is the country everyone wants to go to?

Gee, thats not a biased poll at all....nup, not one little bit. /sarcasm

In the current state that America is in I wouldn't move there if you paid me to, nor would most of the peoeple I know (and yes, I have had this discussion with people many times).

But by all means, keep those blinders on, keep thinking America is the Greatest - it will make the fall ever so painful for you - nothing less than you deserve.

****Cue more AMERICA IS THE GREATEST NAH NAH NAH*****

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join