It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Unity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Cant we all just get along

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The big god get's annoyed at the little god's or something like that (just trying to justify the video enjoy)

I really dont get the whole pharoe and preacher thing though.

edit on 23-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I thought the pharaoh preacher one was hilarious.

I’m from the Mullah Nasrudin spiritual school of thought

Humor as wisdom sometimes

I like your video greatly it was also hilarious and im sure there is wisdom in it least of all for NASA

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Wisdom of the Idiots

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

There is only one religion; the cooperative search for capital T-Truth

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Religion was written for the uneducated masses thousands of years ago. It doesn't make sense in a world where knowledge has increased exponentially. If there is a creator, then there is likely a family of them, even generations. After all, we live in a universe that has been evolving for billions of years. It isn't hard to reason that life as we see it here is a good example of the broad pattern of life. If we see it existing on every level, from single cells to sophisticated intelligence, then it stands to reason that what exists on earth is the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 23-11-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Well that was the funniest short story cartoon I have seen for a good while, thank's for sharing, poor poor bjorn.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Religion is an attempt to make the mundane sacred in order to concentrate the human consciousness on the sublime.

Of course it has failed in a lot of respect because of the very ill nature of the human.

I like to say: the medicine has become the poison

That’s kind of humorous…isn’t it?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Nasrudin sat on a river bank
when someone shouted to him from the other bank:
"Hey! how do I get across?"
"You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Why not unite people on principles of logic and discovery rather than emotion and religious faith? Faith in terms of religion - a stone age predisposition against intellectual evolution. There are individuals who recognize this. But far too many who are afraid of thinking.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar

Why not unite people on principles of logic and discovery rather than emotion and religious faith? Faith in terms of religion - a stone age predisposition against intellectual evolution. There are individuals who recognize this. But far too many who are afraid of thinking.

Good idea. In the end people probably will unite on discovery

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gianfar

Good idea. In the end people probably will unite on discovery

Discovery is logical.

edit on 28-11-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
According to Dr Ramses Seleem who wrote a new translation of "The Egyptian Book Of The Dead" ... the term ... god / goddess is misunderstood ... In it's original context it meant a Natural Law ... In the Egyptian creation myth there is one original Creator ... Atum ...

Also the title Egyptian Book Of The Dead is not the true translation ... Its true title translates as "Coming Forth by Day" ...

Main stream Academia chose to view/represent the Ancient Egyptian culture as primitive and superstitious ... Rather than the richly woven philosophy it was originally ...

Of course this philosophy was already denigrated into meaningless mumbo jumbo by the priesthood and religion that twisted it for reasons of prestige and power ...

Then along came the "Heretic Pharaoh" Akhenaten (18th dynasty) who closed down the Temples and sent the Amun priests home as corrupt ... The Amun priests worshipped statues of Amun Ra ie graven images ... Amun Ra was a God they the Amun priesthood had made up to supersede all other gods and goddesses ...

Akhenaten was the first monotheist ... He was into nature and saw the Sun as the giver of life to Earth ...

There is a scholarly book called "Moses and Akhenaten" by Ahmed Osman that makes the claim that Moses and Akhenaten were one and the same person and goes into great detail and research to back up this claim ...
edit on 28-11-2014 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 28-11-2014 by artistpoet because: typos

edit on 28-11-2014 by artistpoet because: more typos

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You'll probably be happy to find out about the ecumenical movement: it's an effort to unite all religions into just one. I'm all for respect, but if some religions contradict each others principles, they should be kept separate because they simply are not the same. That's what respect is about: not trying to assimilate everything into one thing so all people get along, rather, recognize the differences but see past them.
edit on 1-12-2014 by Emma3 because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Human beings are just wired to fight one another, even within religions, different sects fight each other violently. Perhaps that was nature's way of ensuring that humans too perish and vacate the space for other species to be the dominant one.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Curiosity999
Human beings are just wired to fight one another, even within religions, different sects fight each other violently. Perhaps that was nature's way of ensuring that humans too perish and vacate the space for other species to be the dominant one.

I can understand why you might feel this way ... and yes throughout our recorded history this has been the way IE Violence and endless warring ...

Unfortunately the main stream of media is constantly projecting this negative way ... we can get so overloaded with all the bad news that we kind of give up on our true Humanity and become selfish or angry ...

However the world is the way it is due to the choices we make ...
Co operation rather than competition is key ... What we can achieve as a whole rather than the individual ...

This world is a beautiful place ... it is we the Human race who make it ugly ...

I believe we need to look deeper ... take time out and contemplate the points you raise ... For indeed we are doomed unless we make a positive effort to change the way we see the world and each other ...

edit on 7-12-2014 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 7-12-2014 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
double post
edit on 7-12-2014 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emma3
You'll probably be happy to find out about the ecumenical movement: it's an effort to unite all religions into just one. I'm all for respect, but if some religions contradict each others principles, they should be kept separate because they simply are not the same. That's what respect is about: not trying to assimilate everything into one thing so all people get along, rather, recognize the differences but see past them.

I believe that Religion is a platform for which the human psyche quenches its primeval compulsion to meld with the environment, perceived as being magical in nature. The primitive nature of uneducated (I.E. scientifically undisciplined) thought processes seeks to explain its own existence by teasing out a sense of the deeper connections with the mystery of nature. That unintellectual presumption is manifest through ritual profundity and the belief that the spirits of loved ones and environmental objects act as mediums or intermediaries into a sub-environment, where the answers await. It has always been the objective of the primitive mind to seek its place by opening portals to the alternate existence, the wisdom of the elders, the gods or a supreme being as it may be.

The deeply religious, enthralled with an artifice of uniqueness, inevitably defend their individual perception of status in the cosmos against the misguided outsiders, who also esteem their psychic connectives as valid and uniquely pure. Deep ideological rifts may hold them in conflict, but always, opposing factions are affected by the same psychic enchantment associated with the mysticism of ritual and the environment.

Religion has lost much of its socio-psychic pretense due to discovery and technological development, which are signs of evolutionary processes, intellect and reasoning.

When looking at the roots of a planet polarized along lines of irrational superstition and verifiable knowledge, any ecumenical movement would have no logical relevance in a religious stratagem that individualizes popular misconceptions. In the faction that embraces knowledge and reason, it would likewise have no relevance, since this group would share the roots of inference arising from knowledge itself.

edit on 7-12-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar, arraingement

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Choose your religion, and leave the other religions alone, do not impose your religion upon those whom are not members of it.

Very simple.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join