It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groom Lake panoramas (Sept 2014)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
For better or worse, here is a Groom Lake panorama shot in Sept 2014 and served in three sizes. Color rendition is odd. I had to crank up the contrast to get a decent image throw think haze, and that causes color shift. The small and medium files should work in a browser. You will need some sort of photo viewer for the large jpg.

Groom Lake panorama Sept 2014 (small)
Groom Lake panorama Sept 2014 (medium)
Groom lake panorama Sept 2014 (large)
updates

Depending on your photo interpretation skills, you should spot two 737s, two MH53s, and what I believe is a small UAV.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac
The large worked fine on my Mac using Safari. Thanks for your efforts.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

S&F

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thanks, just got to work out how to print it big!, its going to go on the bathroom wall!. S&F. a reply to: gariac

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Anyone else notice the Monolith like structure to the west of the lake bed, and north of all the buildings?

I noticed that one night when looking at Satellite pics. Its probably just a COM tower, but it did remind me of 2001: A Space Odyssey

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Anyone else notice the Monolith like structure to the west of the lake bed, and north of all the buildings?

I noticed that one night when looking at Satellite pics. Its probably just a COM tower, but it did remind me of 2001: A Space Odyssey

That is a triangular tower if you look it up on Google Earth. It rotates, though nobody has seen it in motion. That is, we don't know if it spins rapidly to track a plane, or if they just rotate it a bit for a specific test.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Where did you get this image from?

There's an encrypted layer (steganography layer) that i can't extract. However, when this image is open in a browser it begins to execute some arbitrary command strings that are very bizzare. It locked up my box for about 3-4 minutes. I had to dump out to a tty window and kill the process from there.

If any of you guys know anything about steganography, the groom_092014_large.jpg has at least a second layer to it.

Happy hunting.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
steghide --info groom_092014_large.jpg
"groom_092014_large.jpg":
format: jpeg
capacity: 5.6 MB

**THERES A 5.6 MB HIDDEN FILE IN THIS IMAGE**

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
steghide --info groom_092014_large.jpg
"groom_092014_large.jpg":
format: jpeg
capacity: 5.6 MB

**THERES A 5.6 MB HIDDEN FILE IN THIS IMAGE**

I built the large panorama in Gimp. That is the only editor that can handle such large images. I know what steganography is, but I certainly don't have any software to create it. It would be funny to hide an image in an image, but I don't see any steganography programs in my repositories. I'm thinking Homer Simpson looking at a UFO.

I don't even bother with watermark or other identifying marks since the clown(s) that steal my stuff will just crop out identifying details.

Steghide is a very old program (11 years). I think you have a false positive. I see Fedora still has it in their repo, but the software is still at release 0.5.1-24.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
Where did you get this image from?

There's an encrypted layer (steganography layer) that i can't extract. However, when this image is open in a browser it begins to execute some arbitrary command strings that are very bizzare. It locked up my box for about 3-4 minutes. I had to dump out to a tty window and kill the process from there.

If any of you guys know anything about steganography, the groom_092014_large.jpg has at least a second layer to it.

Happy hunting.

Just do a "save as". Scan it with whatever anti-virus you have. The jpg is progressive.

I see there is a plugin for imagej to add some hidden data. But I'm not so sure imagej will be able to load one of these panoramic images.
imagej plugin
edit on 24-11-2014 by gariac because: typo

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Well your image tried to execute this string and I was able to kill it from a tty shell as it was stacking up RAM memory like it was going out of style. the **REMOVED-DIR** is my edit to keep my path protected.

QUIC/Enabled/RapporRollout/Enabled/RememberCertificateErrorDecisions/
Default/SHA1ToolbarUIJune2016/Warning/SPDY/Spdy4Enabled-default/
SafeBrowsingIncidentReportingService/Default/SettingsEnforcement/
no_enforcement/Test0PercentDefault/group_01/UMA-Dynamic-Binary-Uniformity-Trial/
group_01/UMA-New-Install-Uniformity-Trial/Control/UMA-Population-Restrict/
normal/UMA-Session-Randomized-Uniformity-Trial-5-Percent/group_03/
UMA-Uniformity-Trial-1-Percent/group_69/UMA-Uniformity-Trial-10-Percent/
group_07/UMA-Uniformity-Trial-100-Percent/group_01/
UMA-Uniformity-Trial-20-Percent/default/UMA-Uniformity-Trial-5-Percent/
group_07/UMA-Uniformity-Trial-50-Percent/group_01/V8ScriptStreaming/
Default/VoiceTrigger/Install/
--user-data-dir=**REMOVED-DIR**--enable-offline-auto-reload --enable-offline-auto-reload-visible-only
--enable-delegated-renderer --enable-impl-side-painting
--num-raster-threads=1 --disable-accelerated-video-decode --disable-webrtc-hw-

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

This looks like a problem with your browser, not the file. For instance, I don't use certs (no https) let alone spdy. I don't even use CMS. Everything is hand coded with Seamonkey. [And it looks hand coded!] I don't even serve adverts. Go directly to the "updates" page and you can bypass the ATS website.

Feel free to install a noscript plugin and download the file. I have piwik installed on some pages so that I can find dead links, but you can block it.

Are you using Chrome? [Based on spdy showing up.] Webrtc is for google hangouts.

I've received email from plenty of people that had no issues with the files.

As I have stated, you can't view the larger files in a browser. Just download the file and use a viewer. I don't have a windows PC booted at the moment to do a test, but you can probably view it in Irfanview. Gimp is cross platform, though I can't vouch for the windows implementation.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Great work Gariac, thank you for the awesome effort that goes in to producing these shots!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Great work Gariac, thanks as always! No problems this end.

Was this taken the same day as your last photos of the new South hangar?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
just left of centre and in the distant background, and behind and above two white storage tanks there looks to be a fuselage of a C130 or similar. The aircraft doesn't look complete. The rest of the place looks like a dumping ground for waste, God knows what the waste is.
Good work with the pictures.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

The C-130 fuselage and the building next to it appear to be a firefighting training area. The old "Crash Pit" was too close to the dormitories and it was used for burning classified waste during the 1980s and 1990s. Following remediation of the contaminated area there was, for all practical purposes, no fire/rescue training facility until now.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gfad

Great work Gariac, thanks as always! No problems this end.

Was this taken the same day as your last photos of the new South hangar?

Most likely it was the same day. But I have another set of panoramas that I didn't process that I shot on the same day, plus one I shot from the false summit rather than the peak on the following day.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Are you teasing us by making us wait for those shots Gariac

Has anyone discussed the two large structures west of the completed new hangar? (or directly to the right on your panorama) They seem to have a large vertical but slim door or open section....wondering what they are? Fire hose driers?

Cheers again

Robbie

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
cool anyone notice the large mounds of dirt that looks like an excavation project?( its on the middle left side) guess they definitely have some stuff underground. Also looks like they have a version of HAARP or some kind of antenna array there on the left.
edit on 25-11-2014 by tempesillest because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tempesillest

Theres no evidence of any underground facilities at Groom that I know of.

Not sure which excavations you're referring to but some of the earth berms are built up to hide the hangar doors from the view from Tikaboo Peak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join