It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Intelligence Panel Debunks Many Benghazi Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Did a search didn't find anything.

So all this hoopla about who did or didn't do what all the asinine conspiracy theories etc. etc. are finally put to rest by the Republican led House Intelligence Committe.

www.military.com...

WASHINGTON -- A two-year investigation by the Republican-controlled House Intelligence Committee has found that the CIA and the military acted properly in responding to the 2012 attack on a U.S. diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, and asserted no wrongdoing by Obama administration appointees.
Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

Guess this takes one of the keystone arguments away from the Obama/Clinton/Rice haters.

But Rice's comments were based on faulty intelligence from multiple agencies, according to the report. Analysts received 21 reports that a protest occurred in Benghazi, the report said —14 from the Open Source Center, which reviews news reports; one from the CIA; two from the Defense Department; and four from the National Security Agency.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Was anything said about the video?

you know, the one they initially blamed?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You didn't make it past the headline I take it?

Actually my second quote from the article is referencing the alleged protest regarding the video. You could read the article it explains everything in more detail and covers all aspects of the investigation.
edit on 11/23/2014 by Kukri because: clarification

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Seriously?!!! You are going to believe politicians who are wholly-owned by the military industrial complex? No matter which wing of the party they bow to, they are under the thumb of the politicos, so of course they are going to say it wasn't some political appointee's fault. It HAD to be the fault of some weak intelligence links.... Of course they are going deny the illegal activities taking place there in violation of international treaties. Of course they are going to say that the dog ate the homework. They learned from the Warren Commission how not to ask questions.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

You're trying to tell me that all of a sudden the right wingers are all lovey-dovey with the administration after two years of incessant belly aching over Benghazi? That all of a sudden they've decided to sweep it all under the rug because of some "secret government" backroom deal making? One of their biggest political weapons is no longer of interest and they're going to toss it in the trash?

That claim is even more preposterous than the entire Benghazi scandal! I guess you were one of those wingers screaming from the rooftops that justice needs to be served and you just can't accept that your Holy Grail turned out to be a discarded coffee cup.
edit on 11/23/2014 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

You're trying to tell me that all of a sudden the right wingers are all lovey-dovey with the administration after two years of incessant belly aching over Benghazi? That all of a sudden they've decided to sweep it all under the rug because of some "secret government" backroom deal making? One of their biggest political weapons is no longer of interest and they're going to toss it in the trash?

That claim is even more preposterous than the entire Benghazi scandal! I guess you were one of those wingers screaming from the rooftops that justice needs to be served and you just can't accept that your Holy Grail turned out to be a discarded coffee cup.

I have no wings.
Yes, I am saying that if it serves their particular purpose they will lie, cheat and steal to benefit themselves and keep their image from being tarnished. I'm saying that because I've seen that as the way things work in government circles. They all rush to try to throw sand over anything that would expose the depth of corruption present at the highest levels of government, and yes----even when it is their political enemies----they will help to scratch sand over the nasty stuff in the sandbox to keep the public from seeing/smelling it. They do this lest they be exposed next time. The corrupt protect the corrupt and that cesspool in DC is probably one of the most corrupt in today's world so it is no surprise to me that they would protect "their own" no matter which party's logo adorns their person.
Take off the "party hat" and look about---

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Like you I also don't have wings nor do I wear a hat as I live in a different country and am wholly independent in my choice of elected officials. I apologize for the jabs.

What you say makes sense but one cannot deny that political parties have no problem with removing their nose to spite their face. The level of conniving and deceit is more applicable to the acronym agencies than any party. Quite frankly I find politicians suffer from arrogance, ignorance and incompetence and not necessarily in that order.

Thanks for your replies.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri

Like you I also don't have wings nor do I wear a hat as I live in a different country and am wholly independent in my choice of elected officials. I apologize for the jabs.

What you say makes sense but one cannot deny that political parties have no problem with removing their nose to spite their face. The level of conniving and deceit is more applicable to the acronym agencies than any party. Quite frankly I find politicians suffer from arrogance, ignorance and incompetence and not necessarily in that order.

Thanks for your replies.

No, I would never deny that political parties remove their noses to spite their faces but you can bet your last dollar that if something nasty is "exposed" by them----it is part of some effort to cover up something even nastier. The dude or dudette caught in some sex scandal was probably exposed to keep covered the facts about something even more despicable.
The politician seen as "up and coming" who is "exposed" for a million dollars in gambling debts---??? because he wants to cover up the fact that he used actually used that million to pay off a couple of women he beat and raped and neglected to tell his wife.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I'm trying to wrap my head around your logic. You're saying the same talking points and arguments for what occurred at Benghazi are both right and wrong? You're saying that, on the one hand, everything the GOP establishment said initially was correct, but now, everything they say is wrong?

It sounds like you've accepted the initial, incorrect assessment of what transpired and you won't, for whatever reason, accept any alternative outcome because 'they're in it for themselves.'

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Guess this takes one of the keystone arguments away from the Obama/Clinton/Rice haters.

You'd have to knock out a lot more "keystones" to bring down any argument concerning Obama's incompetence. The fact he didn't do anything here, does not negate the fact he's done a lot of damage, that will take years to fix.

"To this day," the report said, "significant intelligence gaps regarding the identities, affiliations and motivations of the attackers remain."

"Significant gaps" How can they determine the cause for the attack, when they don't have the full story?
edit on 23-11-2014 by DAVID64 because: misspelling

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If the Republicans were human at all they would apologize to the President for all the BS they've been hitting him with over this for two years. But of course they're not so they won't....

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

I'm trying to wrap my head around your logic. You're saying the same talking points and arguments for what occurred at Benghazi are both right and wrong? You're saying that, on the one hand, everything the GOP establishment said initially was correct, but now, everything they say is wrong?

It sounds like you've accepted the initial, incorrect assessment of what transpired and you won't, for whatever reason, accept any alternative outcome because 'they're in it for themselves.'

No. I have no idea what happened at Benghazi---no more than the Republicrats know what happened. Go back and read what I wrote.
I don't believe either party's version of things because yes, they will co-operate because they are all owned, at the end of the day, by corporate interests and they must march to the tune of the military-industrial-petrochemical-banker fascists who make them rich and allow them to keep their grubby little paws in the power pie.
The last thing in the world the Republicrats want is to have the illegal arms trading exposed for all the world to see in a legislative hearing.
I've not made an in-depth study of Benghazi but I've heard/read a fair amount, enough to know that the whole story probably won't leak out for several years. National security---you understand...is quite a large blanket...big enough to cover a multitude of exposed behinds if needed.
See, I view any such report by politicians with a skeptical eye because I don't trust any of them.
Go back into history a bit and look at how often these same types of committees have held these useless hearings only to find that there was nothing to find---or that there were "intelligence failures" in the lower ranks....blah....blah...because if they asked the real questions and got the real answers things that should stay underground and in the very blackest of places would be revealed.
The ones screaming all the talking points across the media are simply meant to distract and divide people.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

If Obama had an ounce of integrity, he would apologize to the American people. But, he doesn't so.........

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Everyone knows Benghazi happened because of a Muhammed cartoon.

I love it when they have "investigations" into something wrong they did themselves. Funny thing is nobody is ever to blame.

Seriously, did you expect anything diffferent?

I can see it now, "Oh yeah by the way rest of the world, we were delivering illegal arms at Benghazi. Our bad."
edit on 25-11-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Debunking a series of persistent allegations hinting at dark conspiracies, the investigation of the politically charged incident determined that there was no intelligence failure, no delay in sending a CIA rescue team, no missed opportunity for a military rescue, and no evidence the CIA was covertly shipping arms from Libya to Syria.

Everything a OK...

It's probably me...but I don't have faith in govt. institutions investigating govt. actions. Maybe I'm just overly skeptical...but from a logical standpoint, and history has already shown, such committees are almost always a joke. They are always easily influenced from inside the govt. or circumvented.

This brings fresh memories of the 9/11 commission, where the president can simply answer whatever the hell he wants, and answers to no one...and the commission's report is censored and content hand picked.

Maybe Benghazi is not a suspect. I don't know enough about it. But just seeing how there was a house intelligence panel...makes me skeptical.

There is a saying in my country...roughly translates to English:

If you DO NOT want things done, form a panel/committee to get it done.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
All you've really proven is that Team Obama's incessant rewriting of history thru the media is working.

Or have you really being paid to deflect blame from the person who started this whole mess - Killary?

www.freerepublic.com...
MOSTLY CORRECT STORY OF THE STINGER MISSILES IN LIBYA

The only part of this above narrative that is wrong, is that the Stingers DID come from the U.S., and were military-issue:

freedomoutpost.com...
(2013) TENS OF THOUSANDS OF MISSILES STOLEN FROM LEFT-OPEN U.S. WEAPONS' VAULTS

www.frontpagemag.com...
(2013) WHISTLEBLOWERS READY TO BLOW LID OFF TEAM OBAMA'S LIES ABOUT BENGHAZI

Hillary came up with the whole story of blaming some insignificant anti-Islamic video - and she admitted as much in her latest tome. And she was traveling all over Malaysia in the weeks before Benghazi exploded. And, in the days after Benghazi, the Malaysian countries she'd just visited did indeed see riots and force them to close their American Embassies for awhile. Amazing coincidence, huh?

I'm constantly amazed how Team Obama and Team Hillary continue rewriting this important event in the media, then send their shills out to trump up their latest version of lies.

edit on 25-11-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarification

new topics

top topics

join