It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Spice Deodorant can cause chemical burns!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
virraszto S&F for starting this thread.

We all need to consider the effects of what we put on our bodies as well as in them. As the variety of responses above proves that we are all different, and have different reactions to products.

Iwinder posted a link to Thai deodorant stones, which I have used for over 5 years now with no complaints. Yes it will sting a bit if you apply it onto "razor rash" as it does contain salt. But nothing like the burns mentioned by other posters.

as Cloudbuster mentioned you can make your own deodorant:

if you don't mind a bit of sweat but don't want to stink then try a teaspoon of coconut oil or olive or cooking oil and teaspoon of baking soda mix together then rub on your pits, works a treat. Can have no shower for three days and still no stink. Smell ya later

Here is a video clip from Guiding Instints website regarding natural products. The deodorant is towards the end about 5:35. It is a great website and has lots of blogs and video.
www.guidinginstincts.com...

in case it doesn't imbed here is the link
www.youtube.com...

Namaste,
YogaGinns
edit on 23-11-2014 by YogaGinns because: spelling

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: virraszto

Its all I use, Never had a problem.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I used to use the Old Spice Original. I always loved the scent. I used it for years, but recently within the past couple of years, it started giving me rashes in left armpit only that would itch and burn so bad. It never bothered my right one. I tried Arm & Hammer recently, after dealing with an itchy armpit for a year, and it still gets irritated. I haven't been using any lately since it's winter and I don't sweat as much, plus the extra layers help block the stink that I do get during the day. I like the coconut oil/baking soda suggestion, I'll have to try it. My girlfriend uses it all the time because of extremely bad eczema, so she buys huge jars at a time.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Ah, Baloney,

I've used Old Spice for years.

It is The Best Deodorant on the Market.

Totally neutralizes the Garlic and Anchovie Pizza

from last night. Without being a Ho magnet.

S&F

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm surprised you don't understand that deodorants cause breast cancer, the parabens in them are found in all tumours this is combined with the restricting of the lymph fluid by tight bras.

Organic sea salt is the best thing to use

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: virraszto
a reply to: Pardon?

You act like it's my fault....or the fault of every other person who
used this product and was burned from it.

I didn't have broken skin, and it isn't a rash or irritation. It's a burn.

I made this post to make others aware that it could happen
to them too.

These are the images of people's burns from this stuff.

No, I'm not saying it's anyone's fault.
I'm pointing out what was written on the label in plain sight.
Namely that some people, not everyone, are more sensitive to the ingredients than others so if you experience irritation stop using it.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73
I'm surprised you don't understand that deodorants cause breast cancer, the parabens in them are found in all tumours this is combined with the restricting of the lymph fluid by tight bras.

Organic sea salt is the best thing to use

Deodorants don't cause cancer neither do bras.
Stop believing nonsense you read on the internet.
www.breastcancer.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I love Old Spice and have used it for years and it has never caused a problem however, my dear wife, after shaving her arm pits did have trouble but it went away a day or so after - she hasn't used it since.

I did notice on some of the pictures of 'pits' that most had shaved and I doubt that Old spice would be the only deodorant to upset shaved skin.

Is it possible to produce a product that doesn't upset some people - surely there isn't anything that 'all sizes fit'?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Mixing a little bit of pure, unrefined coconut oil with a pinch of baking soda will keep you fresh- because SCIENCE!

Lauric acid, caprylic acid, and capric acid in coconut oil will kill any bacteria causing you to smell (that's what smells, the bacteria, not you).

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I stopped using sprays after nearly catching 'Asthma' . I could feel that my breathing was worsening and I found that whilst spraying my underarms, the spray would also drift upwards towards my mouth and nose, so i stopped using spray and feel much better for it... but I already knew that using sprays was a bad idea and caused more problems than they solved!!

As for your burns, maybe its the Propelane stuff in the can which causes it.

My advice to you and others is to stay clear of 'Sprays' .

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I thought anti-persperants had aluminum in them and not regular deodorants?
those deodorant stones look interesting though

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Bought the clear one once, you know the blueish tinted ones. Original scent, had a BAD reactio, like 4 inch burns that scabbed up on both pits...hurt to wear a shirt, couldnt wear deoderant for like a week, even hurt to wash..and this was in summer, so i wasnt a pleasent dude...after they healed i switched to a different brand and was fine...about a year later my fiance picked me up the same Old Spice again cause it was on sale or something, so i thought what the hell and sure enough same reaction...stuff is terrible or apparantly i have sensitive pitts
edit on 25-11-2014 by JesusLovesRockNRoll because: E.D.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I've been noticing this lately with the Old Spice (blue tinted one). At first I thought it was the body wash I was using but ended up narrowing it down to the deodorant. It would burn my armpits on both sides and burn like all hell. My dad told me he has the same issue with their deodorants as well. I have since switched to Speed Stick and haven't had an issue.

Beware!

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I can't use most deodorants or for a matter of fact aftershave etc it burns my skin also.
I just use talc.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Had on again off again mild irritation with most of the majob brands, switched recently to a no aluminum from arm & hammer and so far so good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join