It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington plays Russian roulette

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
BornAgainAlien brought this to my attention,so I will post and see what others think.According to the article,Obama and his team are escalating this war with Putin and are pretty much 'out to get him' at any cost.They don't care what this does to the EU or anything else.

www.opednews.com...

I agree with most of it,but I'll add that I have read that the real issue behind all of this is Clinton and her groupies. I have read that even the Pentagon is suprised at how militant Clinton is and how hard she is pushing to back Russia into a corner to 'prove' herself.She put Nuland and Psaki in their positions so that they being loyal to her would push her agenda. Personally I can't stand all 3 of them.
edit on 23-11-2014 by Dimithae because: added word

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

The truth is US is secretly broke, and FED gold gone since the 70s

They will start WW3 because in the long run they have nothing left to lose.

But they underestimate Russians, it is actually very common thing to underestimate Ruskies.

Russians are like Bear basking in the sun pretending that he doesn't even notice you or is interested in you. But he knows EXACTLY what to do if you get close enough.

Those of you who are hunters will know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

First problem, European and Asian economic are getting more entangled than ever before, and are doing not so good, but are not as down on their knees as the article suggests.
There is no other way to read it, but: Russia tries to blame it on the US, if there really come nukes flying, which won't work, just an attempt to spread fear and lead the US public into believeing the democrats are just as war mongering as the republicans. Got an election coming up, don't you? Maybe Putin has more friends among them, seeing it as someone ratted Obama out as the Syrian debakle started in this UK meeting...sometime around thatSyrian rebells

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

They will if the public in the US lets them and maybe Clinton & Co didn't think that Putin would stand up to the USA quite like he has done.

Bombing Muslims in the desert and being the bully is one thing but that's not going to work with Russia or China who will if pushed give the USA one clear and final warning to back off or face the consequences and at that stage the American public will need to take a deep breath before deciding just who they want to go to war with.

Europe needs to break the shackles with the USA who are now unwelcome guests that refuse to go home after the end of WWII and won't thank the USA for trying to drag us into a war with a neighbour who seemed to be becoming a good friend before all this Ukraine trouble started.

edit on 23-11-2014 by intrepid because: Derogatary term removed.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

There is no other way to read it, but: Russia tries to blame it on the US, if there really come nukes flying, which won't work,

Are you saying that Russia could not attack the USA because it ICBM would all be shot down, its sub sunk and bomber all get shot down ?

"which won't work" does not cut it for me and sounds like wishful thinking but make no mistake that Russia is not half as backwards as your government wants you to think and them T-92 tanks are not tractors disguised as tanks.

The USA has never been slow on going in against a poor enemy so why have they not charged in and taken the Crimea back or given Kiev large amounts of weapons if they are only too happy to give rebels in Syria weapons or could it be that the worlds bully boy has finally found someone that can stand up to him and knows he may face a licking if he does not back down.

Signs are starting to appear in Europe and in Turkey that say "USA GO HOME" so don't call in any favours from us if the criminals in the Whitehouse wants to put on or even take off the gloves.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineWithIce5

The truth is US is secretly broke, and FED gold gone since the 70s

But they underestimate Russians, it is actually very common thing to underestimate Ruskies.

Russians are like Bear basking in the sun pretending that he doesn't even notice you or is interested in you. But he knows EXACTLY what to do if you get close enough.

Those of you who are hunters will know what I mean.

Well seeing as how we DO NOT USE THE GOLD STANDARD ANYMORE that snot a good measure of how broke the US is. Its not the most broke in the world though.

ANd here we go again with WW3..blah blah..nothing to lose blah blah... Pure BS is what that is. Still have the country to lose and or allies to lose. Until the last person is dead there is always something to lose.

The US government just lets you think they underestimate the russians. when they are actually friends behind closed doors. The powers that be are from all countries and even if WW3 happens its in their interest.

The russian bear is actually yogi bear in disguise. the chinese dragon is actually liu kang in costume. And the marican eagle is actually the buzzard from bugs bunny cartoons.

And really? what kind of hunter is going to walk up on a live bear? a moron. SHoot first and shoot again to make sure when hunting a dangerous animal.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Won't work was referring to: making it look like Russia is not the war mongerer in this case. Putsi already prove to be the aggressor and acted like a little child on the G20. Everybody tried to discuss, and he was "no I wanna have it my way!"
That's all I'm saying. Proxy war, yes, maybe, but you'd be surprised how quick everybody would cuddle up to the US, for being the ones with the most advanced tech, if a war broke out, that counts, nowadays. Menpower is bull#, drones and remote controled killing gadgets would take care of that in no time.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The United States is one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

To claim anything other than that is to simply not understand the value of real property versus the value of fiat currency.

The United States could declare international bankruptcy tomorrow, give every other country in the world the finger, close it's borders, and continue to live a life generally unchanged for decades. Jobs would return, as US manufacturing became the standard, recycling would take on renewed importance as rare earth elements would become increasingly important.

But no, that would be -difficult-, and the Americans like easy.

THAT is why we have the problems we have.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Signs are starting to appear in Europe and in Turkey that say "USA GO HOME"

You do understand that sign's like that aren't something new, but as soon as something happens that countries can't handle who do they call...It isn't Ghostbusters I can tell you that.

Nor is it Russia, because once Russian troops boots hit the ground you may never get them to leave..

so don't call in any favours from us if the criminals in the Whitehouse wants to put on or even take off the gloves.

Unlike the on'es in the Kremlin, and previously Ukraine with Yanukovich.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
When the world is at peace, 2 people showing the middle finger one to each other is no big deal.

But if 2 people can control the future of half the worlds population, because >insert ego< or any other stuff, well...i think 1 man should not have that much power.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh please.. an OPED piece with no verifiable information.

In case you missed it Putin is the one acting like Hitler.. he is the one falsely accusing the government in Kiev of being Nazi fascists.

This is nothing more than Putler not liking the truth.

edit on 23-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I figured you weigh in here sooner or later. Thing is you are biased in your posts as this oped piece is. I won't waste time arguing with someone that has made up their mind and refuse to see anything else. That is your right and I leave you to it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: Xcathdra

I figured you weigh in here sooner or later. Thing is you are biased in your posts as this oped piece is. I won't waste time arguing with someone that has made up their mind and refuse to see anything else. That is your right and I leave you to it.

Ditto

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

once Russian troops boots hit the ground you may never get them to leave..

Like us in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

once Russian troops boots hit the ground you may never get them to leave..

Like us in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We have no troops in Iraq. We sent some in for training. We are winding down in afghanistan.

We never hid our presence in either country unlike Russia and its troops in Ukraine.
The us did not occupy nations after world war 2 like the USSR had.
The us does not treat European countries with the level of disdain Russia does.

Are the us or Russia angels? nope.

That said I would pick the us every day of the week and twice on Sundays if I had to choose. Just as former east European countries chose when they were no longer occupied by Russian forces.

You guys have a bad habit of ignoring that fact.

If everyone hates the us and everyone loves Russia why is Russia in a native American water vessel in a river of excrement without a means of propulsion?

The way you guys describe Russia completely ignores the fact the bulk of the countries don't like Russia, or china for that matter.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Merkel Is Toughening Up Against Putin — And That Could Be Huge

Angela Merkel is a disciplined and cautious public speaker. So when she makes statements that seem fired by passion and resolve, it is good to take note.

And if those statements prompt her foreign minister, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, to urge a softer tone, something big probably happened.

That is what happened in Sydney, Australia, on November 17th, when Mrs Merkel talked at the Lowy Institute for International Policy. Her main subject was the aggression of Russia’s Vladimir Putin in Ukraine.

At the G20 summit, Mrs Merkel had just met Mr Putin for hours in what appears to have been another frustrating exchange. Mrs Merkel reiterated her assurances, mainly directed at the pacifists in her German home audience, that there can be no military solution to the conflict. (Germany’s allies in the Baltics and Poland are less sure about that.) But, she added, that does not mean that the West cannot respond resolutely in other ways, above all economically.

Mr Putin was a KGB agent in Dresden when the Berlin Wall fell, and speaks fluent German. He is well aware of the rift in German sympathies and philosophies. On November 16th, German public television aired an exclusive interview with him in which he mixed charm, half-truths and fabrication to try to seduce the German public. He has understood that Germany may be the key country in the Western alliances, both NATO and the European Union, and Mrs Merkel the key leader.

She, like Germany’s president, Joachim Gauck, is from what used to be East Germany. She speaks Russian and is said to know Mr Putin better than any other Western leader does. Until now, Mr Gauck, who has a largely ceremonial office, has been the one talking tough about Mr Putin.

If Mrs Merkel now adopts more of that tone, Mr Putin will find it harder to drive a wedge between Germany's aversion to conflict and its commitment to rules and norms. Even Germany's willingness to talk ultimately has its limits.

Click link for remainder of article

It seems Putin may have underestimated Merkel.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

They are desperate to get hold of the Russian pipeline so they can screw Europe and force them to trade in US dollars and at the same time control the oil resource.

Incidentally, In the 1970's as a teenager, I read in Time Magazine one day at work that the US had enough oil reserves to last itself 300 years.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

I remember that. That was why a few years later when all the panic about running out of oil,I was like wth happened? The whole thing was weird.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

not really no

new topics

top topics

join