It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hopi anu naki ? 'ant friends' ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
hey now!

on ancient aliens, they said the hopi words for ant friend are ANU NAKI.

of course, this sounds too close to annunaki.

so which is true?

did the hopi know 'ant people' aka anu naki?
did the Sumerians or whoever was back then, did they call these aliens 'annunaki?' how do they know how words were pronounced from an ancient language?

but if this is true, that the hopi had 'anu naki'
and the Sumerians had 'annunaki'

that is two different cultures across an ocean with the same word.

thanks if anyone can help out with this.
i would especially love to hear how they know what the Sumerian language sounds like, if no one speaks it anymore.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Worth noting perhaps that the ancient Pueblos in the US Midwest known by the title Anasazi is quite similar is it not. Strangely, that name is Navajo (Dine) and translates to "ancient enemy". There is a tale of creation shared among the Dine much too long to get into right now. I just find the word and its meaning curious.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Could be a big piece of the antediluvian puzzle.....could be coinkydink....we just don't know enough yet....but great find !

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I seem to remember that Anu was one of the Gods if not the first God in some ME country's mythology. There is much that Anu can be lengthened into. I also wonder if the Amen is not just another version of the original Anu or derived from it?

However I do see one big difference in that the Gods of the Babylonians were considered 'Fish' and not 'ants'.

Perhas this is why the pantheons were so vital to ancient belief because they reflected so much from life within each God's special focus. I know next to nothing about the North Indian tribal beliefs and will be reading about them this winter some time when I get over an operation.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Ancient Aliens says a lot of things, many of which are greatly distorted so as to fit with their narrative. Some are outright fabrications. I found several decent sources for the Hopi 'ant people' story (all slightly different than the Ancient Aliens version, mind you), but I have yet to find a single source translating 'ant people' or 'ant friends' as 'anu naki' that isn't some fringe website. I'll have to do some more research, but it looks like a more accurate translation would be 'shiwanu sino' or 'shiwanu suukya''. Apart from fringe websites, I can't find even a single source indicating that 'naki' (or naqi, nakhi, naqhi) is even a word in the Hopi vocabulary.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
The Sumerian language is from around 7000 years ago, whereas the Hopi language must be something like 2000 at most? Sumerian died out as a language (other than in religious use, like Latin today) a few millenia after, replaced by Akkadian, which was like English today - the language of business. Empires of the area (like Egypt) corresponded in the common Akkadian tongue.

My point is that language cannot stay the same over 2000 years, let alone a few hundred. Read english texts from just a couple hundred years ago, and youll see. Or old Norse texts, for example.

And on top of that, Anunaki (which I believe in Sumerian was A.NUN.NA.KI) meant "offspring of Anu". So if the Hopi used the same word 2-4000 years later, it must be a coincidence of phonetics. My friend Gary learned this the hard way when we went to Japan!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This meaning seems to exists only in the minds of fringe believers. If said words and those meanings existed in 19th century dictionaries I might be a bit less skeptical......

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Ancient Aliens says a lot of things, many of which are greatly distorted so as to fit with their narrative. Some are outright fabrications. I found several decent sources for the Hopi 'ant people' story (all slightly different than the Ancient Aliens version, mind you), but I have yet to find a single source translating 'ant people' or 'ant friends' as 'anu naki' that isn't some fringe website. I'll have to do some more research, but it looks like a more accurate translation would be 'shiwanu sino' or 'shiwanu suukya''. Apart from fringe websites, I can't find even a single source indicating that 'naki' (or naqi, nakhi, naqhi) is even a word in the Hopi vocabulary.

This has been my finding as well. I believe I posted here (maybe another forum) the Hopi word for "ant." It wasn't anu or naki, but it's very difficult to find online.

Harte

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

This has been my finding as well. I believe I posted here (maybe another forum) the Hopi word for "ant." It wasn't anu or naki, but it's very difficult to find online.
Harte

I searched thru 19th century sources and nothing:

However this book - if it could be found might have some info on it: Unless there is a Uto-Aztecan forum about.....and there is !

Intro to Uto-Azteca

Uto-Azteca forum

Ute Reference Grammar, T. Givón, - May 25, 2011, John Benjamins Publishing

Another source

new topics

top topics

join