It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone have links about how big corporations were lobbying for illegal immigration?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
hey

i remember reading that walmart, mcdonalds, hotels, etc were all pushing and lobbying hard for illegals, because they need cheap insourced labor.

does anyone have links to reports, or the articles on the web, that state this?

i am just trying to back this concept up on fb, to the gullable.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

These sources of cheap labour are what is destroying freal wages. In fact when you hear that many corporations don't pay tax where its due and their CEO's and celebrity types like Bono and Geldorf don't think tax should be paid, its always the little people on low wages that pay the tax bill for the wealthy.

I think all workers should band together to stop corporations employing illegals and any other form of exploitation to further feather their wallets at the expense of the ordinary man and women trying to keep up with their bills on ever decreasing wages.

I think it was Max Keiser who exposed what the real minimum wage should be in the UK and it was set at £18 per hour nearly treble what is accepted today. My son has to do two jobs and he still struggles, there is no way he can save because by the time all the bills are taken out there is precious little left and its not enough to live on. We don't actually need extra people, we need proper earnings that reflect the cost of living and how hard people work as well as their qualifications.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
hey

i remember reading that walmart, mcdonalds, hotels, etc were all pushing and lobbying hard for illegals, because they need cheap insourced labor.

does anyone have links to reports, or the articles on the web, that state this?

i am just trying to back this concept up on fb, to the gullable.

Not just taking advantage of cheap labour - but there's billions to be made by locking them up too.

From 2012 ..
www.cbsnews.com...

(AP) MIAMI - The U.S. is locking up more illegal immigrants than ever, generating lucrative profits for the nation's largest prison companies, and an Associated Press review shows the businesses have spent tens of millions of dollars lobbying lawmakers and contributing to campaigns.

The cost to American taxpayers is on track to top $2 billion for this year, and the companies are expecting their biggest cut of that yet in the next few years with government plans for new facilities to house the 400,000 immigrants detained annually.

After a decade of expansion, the sprawling private system is largely controlled by just three companies.

The industry's giants - Corrections Corporation of America, The GEO Group, and Management and Training Corp. - have spent at least $45 million combined on campaign donations and lobbyists at the state and federal level in the last decade, the AP found.

www.cbsnews.com...
There's profit to be made from illegals if they're free and 'at large', and there's also profit from them if they're locked up.

Looks like the big corps might start squabbling with each other over sharing out the illegals between them, so gov has to let more of them in to keep corps happy.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I don't get this. Lobbying for illegals? But wouldn't they have be legal once they got here in order to work for those corporations? Wouldn't they still have to pay minimum wage to anyone who worked for them? Wouldn't they have to deduct taxes and give that money to the federal government? Or would they pay them off the books? And if so why bother lobbying for anything? See the sense in that? What exactly would they have asked for through lobbyists? Remove border patrols so more people could sneak in? Wouldn't that give their diabolical plan away? I don't think you're going to find what you want t because it doesn't make any sense.
edit on 11232014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
What do you mean "lobbying for"?

The immigrants were invited, yes, and big business is absolutely behind it.

I have to believe that or else none of it makes any sense.

What we are supposed to believe is that, over the last 30 or so years, millions upon millions of people from the developing countries all simultaneously upped sticks and headed en masse to Europe, North America, and Australasia for no special reason at all.

Why didn't they go to South America, Central America, China, Russia, Japan?

Answer: they weren't invited to those places.

This is how it works...big corporations lobby Western governments to bring about permanent mass immigration from the third world, Western governments do secret deals with developing countries - "send us a few million of your people and we'll send you some dosh" type of thing - then the governments of said developing countries say to their people, "Go to Europe, America, Australia, it's much better than living here, they give you a house and money when you get there, you don't even have to work or speak their language".

Makes perfect sense to me.

Do you really need links to convince people of what's really going on?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

A link to the report on the Center for Immigration Studies website was found in less than a minute, just by searching "major corporation lobby for illegals":
Cheesecake Factory, Hallmark, Disney, and Others Now Pushing Amnesty......search is your friend

Or, you could link to an ATS thread you create on the topic.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join