It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These 65 Rare Historical Photos Will Change How You See The Past.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I just found this site and thought I'd want to share it here on ATS, some of these photos I've never seen before and find them fascinating. I just thought you might like it too.

Without further adieu, Enjoy!

These 65 Rare Historical Photos Will Change How You See The Past. #50 is a Bit Disturbing!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
wow,beautiful collection. and got a bit misty-eyed on some of them.
i'm sure 36 will bring a smile to the bioshock fans.

a well put together collection of amazing, extraordinary people that have shaped the world, definitely going to my favorites!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Cool photos and interesting to see history! Thanks

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Some of these where amazing!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: joshint

Photograph Number 2 is incorrect.

ENIAC was not the First Computer. The British built " Colossus Computer " was built 3 years earlier in 1943.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Lots of Filipino stuff I sent my wife the link.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Thanks so much OP...very enjoyable.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Photograph Number 2 is incorrect. ENIAC was not the First Computer. The British built " Colossus Computer " was built 3 years earlier in 1943. en.wikipedia.org...

Not entirely.

It only stated in the photo that it was "THE ENIAC, the first computer ever built" which is partially correct, it did not say that it was "the first computer ever built in the world". The only mistake is he didn't add "in the US" on the description.

Colossus was the world's first electronic digital programmable computer.

The US-built ENIAC[23] (Electronic Numerical Integrator and Computer) was the first electronic programmable computer built in the US.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm glad you guys appreciate it as much as I do.

Sometimes we just need to see something beautiful here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: joshint #22 was one that caught my attention. I learned something today. I did not know they could stop the flow of water at the Niagara Falls. Thank you for the article.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Thanks for finding and sharing these photos. The one of Custer and his men is astounding. Somebody has done a fantastic job of colorizing this as I don't think they had color photography back then!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Colossus was the first computer built, at Bletchly park, in England. (according to Wikipeadia)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Great post !

I have seen many of them before, but nonetheless it was great to see them again and in one place.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yep, I've already seen a lot of it here on ATS alone.
But some of it I haven't really seen which is nice. And I've learned a lot from it.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
i totally agree these are representative of the past and have absolutely changed the way i view the world
i can guarantee you these are not just a bunch of out of context photographs depicting people smiling (hey theyre getting their picture taken after all) and showing the past in a much more positive light then we all would have experienced

if history has taught me anything its that at the very least our more recent ancestors where a bunch of god damned monsters and you could do just about anything as long as you had more people supporting you or you didnt get caught
we always look upon the past with favor... but the truth is it was pretty F%(#ed up.... which is why we dont live like that anymore

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Excellent stuff. Every time I see a headline about rare photos, I think I've already seen them all. Then I click the link and see 20-30 I haven't seen before. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Humans need to stop idolizing other humans.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The one of Obama doesn't look at all like him. Take a good look, someone may claim that is him, but it sure doesn't look like it to me.

Someone with a facial recognition program needs to run a current pic and this one to see if it is legit, or if someone is trying to pass the pic off as him for some reason. Sure doesn't look like him at all.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
The one of Obama doesn't look at all like him. Take a good look, someone may claim that is him, but it sure doesn't look like it to me.

Someone with a facial recognition program needs to run a current pic and this one to see if it is legit, or if someone is trying to pass the pic off as him for some reason. Sure doesn't look like him at all.

Agreed. This isn't Obama.
At least the other pics show a resemblance to the people.

I thought the Jobs and Gates pic was good, also the Clinton and JFK pic.

S+F

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

#4 - Albert Einstein. Did men wear shoes like that in his day, or are those... I'm not judging. Serious question. Are those mens' shoes?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join