It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This One Police Department Shot 92 Dogs in Three Years.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This title alone made me sick to my stomach , I got seconds into the video and had to stop watching when i saw a collie dog get shot

Seventy-three of those dogs died. Nineteen survived.One of the Officers Has Killed 25 By Himself maybe MR gung ho should be behind a desk then ??? The unidentified officer has shot 26 dogs, killing 25 of them, in just the last three years. He is lucky he never shot my dog as i WOULD hunt him down [snip]

Cleburne Texas Police officer calling a small dog towards him and then shooting it.

www.informationliberation.com...

During the time period analyzed by WGRZ-TV, one individual officer shot 26 dogs, killing nearly all of them. In the years 2011 and 2012 alone, this officer killed as many dogs in the line of duty as the entire NYPD.The Buffalo Police Department does not train specifically for canine encounters, but they do train for everything else and have all the kit to prove it

According to the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Police shot approximately 90 dogs per year between 2008 and 2013.Buffalo, unfortunately, isn't that unusual for some cities, particularly where there hasn't been training,

Even the U.S. Postal Service trains letter carriers on how to deal with canines and equips them with pepper spray. or they could carry some biscuits with them just in case
it is not rocket science , i have gone to a lot of homes over the decades and never had a dog that i could not handle with a loud scream of SIT DOWN MUTT

edit on 19-11-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Someone should call PETA and let those crazies go all out on these nuts.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
it's hard to be objective when it comes to pets, we all have them, we all love them, but the truth is a dog can be, incredibly dangerous. and if you are a cop doing your job, you don't know if you are dealing with lassie or cujo until it's too late.

then there is this:
"Many of these dogs are shot during the execution of no-knock search warrants, many of which are served in an attempt to stop people from putting something in their own body which makes them happy."

the drug war, the stupid, exaggerated, useless drug war. jailing people for trivial weed use, and killing way too many loved animal pets.

and here is another thing, i get it, sometimes you need to shoot a dog because like i said, you never know.
But when you see that one cop has shot so many...why not ask a few questions?? 25 dogs in just one year??
and nobody at least thinks this guy has serious issues??

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

I think some some certain officer might be a cat lover....how does this not bring up issues with his superiors and I'm wondering how many arrests occured along with the dog deaths...is he part of a swat team that serves warrants.???

Hard to believe a beat cop has this many occurences of discharging his firearm..

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

How that officer could get away with shooting his gun off so many times is beyond me , i am very very suprised that nobody has tracked him down for some well deserved payback

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

I would have sent him around with a mail man for a week or two to see how they handle dogs , i do not think i would trust that officer with a pen never mind a gun

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

How that officer could get away with shooting his gun off so many times is beyond me , i am very very suprised that nobody has tracked him down for some well deserved payback

How do they get away with it?
They Judge jury and executioner.... "Law? I am the law!"

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

God only knows how that guy got away with shooting a dog on average every two weeks and he seemed good at it with his kill rate .

Every dog i showed a stun gun to got the message when they heard that clicking of it even as they were ready to fight it took them out of that zone instantly

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Do you have any idea how many animals PETA kills every year? The numbers are staggering.

Piss on PETA and Dog shooting cops!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
People like this are on a path to being "serial killers", don't get me wrong, there are situations that will require to put a dog down but when a cop calls a dog over and shots it in an unthreatening situation or shots a dog locked up, that's a mentally unbalanced person, there killing to kill.

The real scary thing is the fact that these mental case's are NOT punished just proves that the people over these cops are like minded... and they all are caring guns.

edit on 19-11-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9
I do know there is no other advocate group that does crazier or more annoying stunts to get themselves attention. If you can think of one, call them.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You do yourself a disservice as a moral human being when you claim you would harm an officer of the law or perhaps a neighbor that shot your dog (which we must always assume was done in self-defense other than when we know the exact details of the situation). I know a lot of people feel that way. That is more of an emotional "me" statement than one of thought and consequence.

As a former mailcarrier, the famous words I constantly heard was, "Don't worry, my dog won't bite." Simply not true. No dog is to be trusted nor owner's words believe in such an instance, today more so than in the past.

As for the pepper spray you supply so conveniently as a solution to a bad dog, I say, nonsense! Pepper spray works fairly well on non-doped-up humans, but not so well on animals. My time of carrying the mail was long before most anybody heard most of the proper names for the several vicious dogs we all know the names of today, especially that one devil of a dog, the PIT BULL. Back forty years ago, a boxer was about bad as you could get after "German Police Dogs." I was attacked--in the street--by a large boxer that my pepper spray deterred not one bit. I used my mail bag as a shield to protect my body. In those days the bags were of heavy leather. The dog chomped through two layers of that leather.

Bad tempered dogs are held in big favor today by particular members of the public and the pit bull leads the pack. One has only to spend a minute looking up the stats for the breed of dog that bits most often--and especially KILLS most often--to understand why police frequently (or your neighbor) may shot first your animal as it charges. I wager the majority of those shootings are of pit bulls and other vicious types. So don't be so quick to blame the cop, blame the popularity of the breed of the dog and, let us not forget the culpability of the owner to the situation when that cute puppy grows up.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
25 dogs shot by one officer.

Where are the lawyers out there.

This would be a GREAT class action lawsuit.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

WBC comes to mind. But I don't want to call that crazy Church... EVER!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I really do think that the US police need lessons from other - more civilised - police forces.

Oh, I know that this won't go down too well, but one has to ask how they manage to do it in the UK where it happens very rarely. Too many cowboys, methinks.

Regards

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

You do yourself a disservice as a moral human being when you claim you would harm an officer of the law or perhaps a neighbor that shot your dog (which we must always assume was done in self-defense other than when we know the exact details of the situation). I know a lot of people feel that way. That is more of an emotional "me" statement than one of thought and consequence.

As a former mailcarrier, the famous words I constantly heard was, "Don't worry, my dog won't bite." Simply not true. No dog is to be trusted nor owner's words believe in such an instance, today more so than in the past.

As for the pepper spray you supply so conveniently as a solution to a bad dog, I say, nonsense! Pepper spray works fairly well on non-doped-up humans, but not so well on animals. My time of carrying the mail was long before most anybody heard most of the proper names for the several vicious dogs we all know the names of today, especially that one devil of a dog, the PIT BULL. Back forty years ago, a boxer was about bad as you could get after "German Police Dogs." I was attacked--in the street--by a large boxer that my pepper spray deterred not one bit. I used my mail bag as a shield to protect my body. In those days the bags were of heavy leather. The dog chomped through two layers of that leather.

Bad tempered dogs are held in big favor today by particular members of the public and the pit bull leads the pack. One has only to spend a minute looking up the stats for the breed of dog that bits most often--and especially KILLS most often--to understand why police frequently (or your neighbor) may shot first your animal as it charges. I wager the majority of those shootings are of pit bulls and other vicious types. So don't be so quick to blame the cop, blame the popularity of the breed of the dog and, let us not forget the culpability of the owner to the situation when that cute puppy grows up.

Ill take the dog over the"officer of the law" any day.
WE read about our officers of the law every week.
They have earned the zero respect they get.
It wasnt always like this.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Someone should call PETA and let those crazies go all out on these nuts.

They wouldn't do anything...
They have too much fun operating 'kill shelters'.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I used to have a job that involved my going into peoples homes for service work. "Don't worry, he's friendly!" is the kind of thing I'd hear moments before getting bit- on many occasions.

Granted, I wasn't an officer- otherwise a quick tap of the taser and any of those dogs I've had trouble with would keep their distance.
If you've never heard a tazer, by the way, I suggest you buy a cheap ebay one just to play with. (wouldn't suggest carrying a cheap one for defense, however- they seem to fail at random and don't hold a charge)

But what about the officers that slay cats?
Yeah- a cat can hurt you- I've taken some pretty impressive damage playing with cats over the years... But you'd be hard pressed to be killed by an angry cat. I've yet to meet a cat over 30lbs- and its rare you'll see one over 20 that has any motivation to do much other than eat or sleep.
One of my more beastly cats (a little guy at 10lbs, but he's a monster) actually went running after a jogger once- but as soon as the guy turned to look at the cat, the cat realized he had picked the wrong fight and buggered off.

If you shoot a cat because you feel threatened by it, you shouldn't be pretending to protect and serve the people. In most every case I've seen video of an officer shooting/abusing a dog, I feel the same way- but I do understand that there are cases where a dog can straight up attack- and kill- a person.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I have come across some big dogs over the years and would expect a policeman to be trained in dealing with them my dog was the easiest going mutt out there and it shocked me to see the way people were scared of animals ,screaming their heads off at a dog who is wagging his tail at them wanting to be friendly they sense the fear and play on it .

I have seen a stun gun stop a dog in its tracks just the noise of it alone did the trick with a dog that was ready to fight mine , i really hope those cops do not do this to someone like me as i really would let Dexter out of the cupboard if they had hurt my pet .

They train them for every stupid scenario going so why not how to deal with pets

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
a reply to: Aliensun
They train them for every stupid scenario going so why not how to deal with pets

Step 1) shoot everything that moves
step 2) get away with it

-Police handbook, 2014

top topics

<<   2 >>

join