It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Satan admired more?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

I often wonder what the state of the world would be if humanity worshiped a being like Satan instead of a God that cannot do no wrong.

You would have a world that revered intimate knowledge of everything. One where there is no judgement and where fulfilling desires that harm no others is not something to be feared but, instead, striven for. Satan represents everything Christian fundamentalists fear: objective truth without fear.

My wife grew up in a Christian home where they went to one of those cult groups (a fundamentalist church) and she was taught to fear damned near everything. She wasn't even allowed to watch Reading Rainbow because it might introduce her to reality. They were the types who actually believed all those things you see in those Chick tracks. She has seen the light since then but her childhood still returns to haunt her when it comes to certain things.

I'm no Satanist (I don't follow the Christian pantheon) but, if you are looking at the Old Testament without bias, it's obvious who the good guy is. Interestingly, also, he's the only one who didn't lie in the garden of Eden. The OT god lied, Adam lied, and Eve lied. But not Satan. Yet he's blamed for everything bad.

Also... if you were to compare the actions and words of Jesus to both the OT god and Satan, it's not that difficult to make the case that he's more similar to Satan with his quest for enlightenment and spreading knowledge instead of violence.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Cuervo because: gurlgle forp thurklogg!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

So you "will" have down syndrome in heaven? Well that will be a great forever.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I come from a Catholic upbringing and from my honest opinion I see religion as an answer to questions that those of an average mind can't comprehend.
In high schooI I took an astrology class and learning just the mere distance from the earth to the sun is humbling. The vastnass of the universe is so immense its very hard to comprehend to most people. Some people like to believe they are here for a purpose rather than they are just the result of a lot of different factors happening just right to produce life.
To me organized religion, Catholicism for example teaches how to live life as a decent human being, I.e. the commandments. Obviously some take these too literally. But the basics, (don't steal, don't murder, honor the father and mother) are a decent starting point for a moral compass.
In your example with Satan, living life how you want and doing what you want when you want can be very anarchical, and lead to nothing but chaos.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UpLateWakingUp

I doubt anything about this body or ego is going very far once this heart stops beating. ;p

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
He doesn't exist. It' s a control mechanism.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Banquo
In high schooI I took an astrology class and learning just the mere distance from the earth to the sun is humbling. The vastnass of the universe is so immense its very hard to comprehend to most people.

I guess if you take an astrology class to learn cosmology, then I can see why you make the other connections you do. Astrology is to cosmology as religion is to social sciences.

Don't get me wrong, I'm big on astrology but... I also took astronomy in college when it came time for me to learn about space.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You’re kidding right? I mean - no offense intended but is this just one of those ‘my question is so ill thought out but hey it’s got a catchy headline so I’ll post it anyway’ threads? Or do you not see the redwoods for the freakin’ forest!?

Take a wander through the internet - the evil filth and degradation - the abundance of everything sick and vile balanced against so little that’s truly good and uplifting.

Turn on your television! My God - the filth there! Nothing - I mean NOTHING is sacred!

How about your community where cops are slitting the throats of dogs, tazing and killing the innocent and raping those they're supposed to be protecting!

Take a look around the WORLD filled with tourists going on sex-vacations to third world countries so they can rape little children whose parents sell them for the very thing!

Large companies outsourcing to poor countries where people work all their lives for pennies while living in a state poverty I pray you will never know - just so the billionaires can make MORE money!

Look at US congress bowing their heads during a prayer to ‘allah’ - while at the same time Muslims are cutting peoples heads off, raping children, stoning women and threatening to bring it to a street near you at their soonest convenience - But - not one congressperson had the sack to hold their head up high for what is RIGHT!

Oh man - I could go on and on and on and on..........

Get real buddy - it doesn’t take a genius to open your eyes to just how well Satan IS ‘admired’ and pandered too here on earth!

*Pounds head on desk in disbelief*

peace

edit on 18-11-2014 by silo13 because: ugh

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13
I tend to blame the individual for their actions and not the imaginary scapegoat.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
One of my gay guy friends is a satanist. He just got this righteous lucifer's fall from heaven upper sleeve tattoo. It's really epic-looking.

And my beliefs are literally the opposite of his. I still think it looks cool though.

Everybody sins. So I'd say Lucy is pretty admired here on earth seeing as it is under his dominion lol

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Your views about religions are quite outdated and caricatural. I suggest you start reading from other sources than religious extremists if you still think of god as a being with supernatural powers. Also if you think it is the cause of suffering and no ourselves.

Do you also think all religious people still believe the earth is 5000 years old and that we go in a place called hell when we die?

Religions are a social evolution of spirituality. I'm not a big fan of religions because I think spirituality is personal, but I do think most religious people I've seen (out of the extremists) are quite smart and educated, and do not deny the latest scientific findings. I can't blame you for not really understanding what are religions and where they are coming from (and thus why they seem stupid to you), but on your side you don't really seem to be able to have an objective look on the subject.

The people who worship satan usually have an egg to peel with christian faith, usually something from their youth, it's like the kids who are like "screw you dad". Otherwise satan worshiping is simply materialism and dualism, as opposed to spirituality. Nothing wrong with that but doesn't bring happiness on the long term IMHO. Only short term.

Most religions teach oneness with the universe, while satanism focus on opposition, and IMHO opposition is an illusion bringing suffering, based on a misunderstanding of our place in this world.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Maybe a bit off, but still...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

When has Satan encouraged genocide? When has he encouraged blowing up innocent people because he will give 72 virgins to everyone that does so?

When has he prevented research on stem cells and other medical issues that could potentially save the lives of millions?

Thats the dumbest argument possible. When did God prevent research on stem cells or tell people to kill others?

People did that. Yet you're blaming God. Fallacious argument.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LionOfGOD

Maybe a bit off, but still...

Oh, you are talking about Yahweh? I thought you got the memo that the god of the OT and the concept of "god" as discussed by scholars for the last centuries are quite different things.

I'm sorry if they did not tell you.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

why is he worshiped and adored so much when he has caused so much suffering and despair?

But he hasn't.

Humans have.

I think many miss the point. God does does not cause bad things to happen. Its mostly random chance and poor human decisions.

The point of the last few thousand years was that God said "stuff it, if you don't think you need me fine go it alone".
God is letting us be free of him. He has limited to no involvement as that's what Adam and eve and satan wanted.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Is it your black friend as well?

OP: "I often wonder what the state of the world would be if humanity worshiped a being like Satan instead of a God that cannot do no wrong."

I don't think much would differ. God/religion aside, people will be people.

edit on 11/19/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Because he's pure evil and he hates us. You think God is cruel? Satan is a hell of a lot worse.

I have been unfortunate enough to have had a handful of encounters with demons. They are pure hate and when they are there it feels like all the hate is directed at you. It's soul chilling. There is NOTHING to admire about evil spirits and/or Satan. Nothing. If you admire them they'll just use that to inflict more hate upon you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Why isn't Satan admired more? He rebelled against this cruel god. He was the one that saw right through him.

Because that would put religion out of business. Not to mention arms dealers. When was the last time a church closed it's doors because of a lack of business? When was the last time a war started in the name of Satan?

Remember, you're talking about religion here. Throw common sense and rationale out the window and things will start start to make sense. If that makes any sense.

I'll leave you with a positive note and do something I've never heard a preacher do: I'll say please............Please say a prayer for the guy. I'm sure it would do his heart good to see that someone cares enough to do that.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

But he hasn't.

Humans have.

I think many miss the point. God does does not cause bad things to happen. Its mostly random chance and poor human decisions.

So many people completely dismiss the various concepts of theism just because their mind can't understand that it's not because there is a creative will/act, everything that happens afterwards isn't because of the will of the originator.

Like should you hold your parents responsible for everything that happens in your life? When people have great life they are thankful to be born, when they have #ty lives they wish they were never born and blame their parents. Did the parents really wish their children to have #ty lives? Come on.

Everyone saying god is responsible for the suffering in the world is just acting like a spoiled kid, dismissing their own responsibility or sheer bad luck.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There is NOTHING to admire about evil spirits and/or Satan. Nothing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

What makes you think the two go hand in hand? Didn't God create everything? Isn't it God that doesn't throw anything at us that we can't handle? Isn't it God that throws things at us that tests our faith? What the hell does Satan have to do with it? Try this: Assume that it's God that makes those demons you speak of. Assume that he's doing it for the reasons I stated. Reasons that have been preached for thousands of years. Wouldn't that assumption make you a better, stronger and more devout Christian?

You're a long standing member and a very good contributor here and I respect you for that. But there are those among us who see right through that connection you tried to make.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple
Isn't it God that doesn't throw anything at us that we can't handle?

So when you hurt someone else, it was god guiding your arm? Interesting. So we aren't really responsible of anything we do, right? God is.

Also there is no free will. Interesting point of view. That a lot of religious people don't share.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join