It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why isn't Satan admired more?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
First off I'm not a Satanist, nor do I affiliate myself with any religion and this is just an observation I've made.

For me Religion is a very very primitive belief, and it's something that in my opinion should have been abandoned in medieval times but somehow people still cling on to the idea that a human like all mighty being with supernatural powers created the universe and life on earth.

Now let's say that the whole creation thing and God does indeed exist, why is he worshiped and adored so much when he has caused so much suffering and despair?

Why isn't Satan admired more? He rebelled against this cruel god. He was the one that saw right through him.

Satan for me sounds like a much more reasonable supernatural being than God to be honest here. He encourages people to live life to the fullest and stop worrying about whether they are going to burn in a lake of fire if they have sex before marriage. Worrying about religious superstitions has held humanity back and has prevented our species from making advancements in Stem cell research and LGBT rights just to name a few issues that religion has had a negative effect on.

The Middle East has been in shambles because of Religion and their belief in an all powerful deity that supposedly will give 72 virgins to everyone that manages to blow up the most innocent people.

I often wonder what the state of the world would be if humanity worshiped a being like Satan instead of a God that cannot do no wrong.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I honestly don't think many people know what to make of him. If he's an Angel, then he has no intentionality, at least not like we have, which means that his rebellion was planned and thus anything he does is not admirable for who he is, but for who designed him.

If he is an extradimensional being then he is merely squabbling for power against a competitor, and while it is nice that he appears to be assisting us in many ways, there really isn't anything overly admirable about competing for power and losing.

If he is an internal aspect of our own consciousness, then there's nothing admirable because we are all weakened creatures, while his presence might be useful for our spiritual growth, it is a smallness which is honestly beneath us.

I think the only people who worship Satan are either looking for shock value or are extraordinarily conceited, thinking they have stumbled upon some great mystery.

It isn't all that mysterious to me. In reality 99.99% of people are Satanic Idol worshipers, bowing down before his reflection within their own selves, so why wander the wide path which leads to destruction? Just look around you. Do you really think the masses are heading anywhere desirable?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Of course religious people will tell you things that more or less boil down to "because God said" which is a bit against the rules of decent argument, but they get away with it.

I think that the simplest form of what religious people learn or think, is that morality is through religion.

So they usually think that firstly without religion there would be chaos because people would act all crazy, and secondly that people who aren't religious are less likely to have properly functioning morals.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Satan doesn't exist, just like God..... What's to admire?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wow, those are speculations on top of more speculation.

Why go beyond anything that is experienced.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I often wonder what the state of the world would be if humanity worshiped a being like Satan instead of a God that cannot do no wrong.

It seems we worship the creator of Satan.

Genesis 3

3 The snake was more clever than all the wild animals Yahweh Elohim had made.

Elohim in Genesis 1 is the Father. Ruach Elohim is the Mother. In Genesis 2, we are introduced to the creation of Earth by Yahweh (Son of God). He forms man (not creates). He plants a garden (not creates). He makes Satan, or the lower nature of the Son of God.

Genesis 3:3 The snake was more clever than all the wild animals Yahweh Elohim had made.

He then sheds Adam's blood to divide the image of God (Both Male and Female). This division of mankind ends in the story we have today. Bloodshed between the Snake and humanity seems to be directed by the Lord of Hosts. A Host body below is occupied by something else, directed by the Lord Himself. In a way, we are a holographic gameboard in a type of simulation. V 1.0 failed, so a flood destroyed the first attempt. After that, the same failure happened again, and again, and again... We are told that Adonai hung on a cross to defeat the snake he created. As it turns out, war continues. It ends when 7 billion people are divided into many factions, then the ultimate bloodbath commences. According to Revelation, we are close to the start of this match between Yahweh and Satan.

Why is this the case? We don't know. Babel ensures we can never know from our own tree of knowledge. As Revelation states, the nations ARE deceived. Presently, we are deceived and have been for the last 6000 years. The end of this nightmare culminates in beheadings, the sword and bloodshed as always. Nothing has changed.

Aside from the Bible as a source, there are no other alternatives. It perfectly predicts the outcome of our commerce system, government, debt and nature of the human heart. Of course, the one giving Moses the words to write down was the Angel of the Lord. What are we to make of all this?

Unless Christ comes back and demonstrates his own words, then his words are untrue. He must love his enemies. The same Yahweh Adonai of the OT is the same Adonai Lord of the NT.

Yahweh Son in Rebellion

He wages war as his mark, but loves his enemies and makes peace.

Revelation 19

I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.

How do we see this mess clearly? We can't. We are deceived.

edit on 18-11-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

That is the extent of real experiential religion. Make of it what you will.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have only heard second-hand information about Satan, so who was Satan. Was she (I read somewhere that Satan was a female) equivalent to God, but deemed not so and thus was cast down for daring to step up as an equal?

Is this simply symbolism?
edit on 18-11-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
A question i have is , if there is a heaven and you go there when you die then what if you have down syndrme or something , or you die as an infant , who will you be in heaven , and in my opinion the bible reads like a preschool primer.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

All I can think of is people admired Hitler, Napoleon and Charles Manson too. Can you see where youve pointed this inquiry?

If youre in belief of this fact(s)....then you are a Satanist-pro-Satan-admiring Satan. So....thats all I wish to contribute to this nonsense. And I say it is...nonsense. Sorry.

Wait...no Im not......Best MS

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Something someone said a long time ago;

“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

Go back to the roots of ancient civilizations religious views and you can see them trying to grasp the nature of god (or gods) and divine supernatural beings and man's suffering. There had to be a reason for suffering and our inevitable death. Most of those religions developed some counterpoint to the good brought forth by a supreme being by assigning the bad to an evil or malevolent being, or even just the bad side of their god(s).

In the Bible the Book of Job shows early anonymous Hebrew writers philosophizing over the role of suffering by Man; Job is a "righteous man," who lives according to the strictest divine law and fears God as a proper Hebrew should, he is tested by God after God is prompted to do so by Satan. God's test is to allow Satan to strip Job of everything he holds dear. Satan in the Book of Job is not some purely evil demonic being, but simply "the adversary," the name Satan means "adversary." Job speaks at length over the injustice done to him until God himself speaks from "out of the storm wind," assailing Job's ignorance of his divine design, undermining his right to criticize God's divine will. God eventually succumbs and restores everything he took from Job.

Satan in the early books of the Bible is not some evil entity, I think that eventually evolved over time, especially in the Middle Ages and under Catholicism. Nothing sells religion like fear and eternal damnation.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UpLateWakingUp

In my opinion the bible reads like a preschool primer.

I take it you've never read the book of Daniel?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I've always wondered this myself.

The pop culture Satan of the bible never really did anything. You can say he tempted Eve into taking a bite of that apple, giving her the knowledge of good and evil(because knowledge and choice are bad thing to scary gods who kill masses of men, women and children) but honestly if she didn't already have choice she wouldn't have taken a bite in the first place. Seems the god of the bible just likes to mess with his creations.

Either way it's an interesting fairy tale. However, I wish that the main religion that arose would have been Greek or Roman mythology. They had some pretty interesting deities.

Ah well.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The serpent told Eve if you take from the tree of knowledge your eyes would open and you will be like Gods knowing good n evil. And there eyes did open and they realized they were naked.. Adams first wife Lilith ran away to be with the demons.. Interesting

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

All I can think of is people admired Hitler, Napoleon and Charles Manson too. Can you see where youve pointed this inquiry?

If youre in belief of this fact(s)....then you are a Satanist-pro-Satan-admiring Satan. So....thats all I wish to contribute to this nonsense. And I say it is...nonsense. Sorry.

Wait...no Im not......Best MS

And the majority of people have been told that there is an all powerful being watching over them since they have been little kids and that hasn't worked out that well for us either.

When has Satan encouraged genocide? When has he encouraged blowing up innocent people because he will give 72 virgins to everyone that does so?

When has he prevented research on stem cells and other medical issues that could potentially save the lives of millions?

Like I said in my O.P.

I do not worship Satan nor do I worship God.

I'm an Atheist, but for me as someone that is standing outside Satan comes off as much more reasonable and human like.
edit on 11/18/2014 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UpLateWakingUp

If a bird never flies while it is living, do you expect it to soar after it has died?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
God has a better marketing department.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
God has a better marketing department.

Maybe God is MSM and Satan found out it is all BS.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I think that the link between gaining knowledge and aging has yet to be understood. Only when we know the link can we understand what both parties were doing. Perhaps in order to live forever we must be oblivious to the point we are like animals in more ways than now. Imagine that you wanted to spend many years living off the land and keeping your youth then along comes one that starts a process in you that opens your mind to learning and your body to aging. If you choose before hand to be in this position then when one came along to help you then you would not really know what was happening.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Now let's say that the whole creation thing and God does indeed exist,

Honestly, at this point, wouldn't you rein in your arrogant, all knowing,
superior to everything else in the universe, intelect ? Turn off your puny
mortal mind and suspend the ignorant, judgemental crap questioning, that
oozes from your most likely filthy unworthy mouth? At leastl long enough to
find out what he who gives life, really wants from you, on very personal level?
Not what some G-D religion tells you he wants?

The saddest comedy in the world is made up of people who let their big brains
get in the way of absolute and total love. OP I don't mean to insult, but the fact
is you'd be better off with the mind of a three year old. Cause your great at
blowing big bombastic bubbles.
i

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join