It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Admits Its Gold Is Gone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

idanno? ambition? crime? a mix of both? how else do people wind up taking over # and becoming stupidly wealthy?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

where did that 123% even come from? official polling agencies put the votes to join Russian federation at about 80%.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien
Poor fools, and now its literally, they will be at the mercy of any group who has interests in that area, who know they may even find themselfs working in Nike factories for pennies on the dollar one day. I do believe some of them actually believed the west or the globalist controlled groups like the UN was there to help them, not that the Russians are any better.

But then yes they just may be especially considering that they have ended up worse they they started, but now I think there still fighting between groups who support this or that, not that any of it actually matters I am sure all groups are supported by other groups with there own personal interests, after all wars dont just start. But in any case I said it before nobody out there is out to help anybody, there all there for there own personal interests. It is the only thing that can happen and the only thing there capable off. Old proverb says. When the elephants fight its the grass that losses.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

where did that 123% even come from? official polling agencies put the votes to join Russian federation at about 80%.

The figures released by Russia..

The n the Russian presidents council released the true numbers, showing a 30% turnout with 15% in favor of joining Russia. Those stats were quickly pulled for obvious reasons.

Finally there was no vote to join Russia. Russian troops occupied Ukrainian territory before the sham elections. Crimea is occupied territory.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Too bad US knows how to do polls themselves...

The survey of Crimeans after the Russian takeover showed they are overwhelmingly happy to be part of Russia, with nearly three-quarters of those surveyed saying their life will improve as part of Russia rather than Ukraine.

Source

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You have a bad habit of failing o read your sources don't you?

"It is part of Russia now, and you saw that the support is huge for Russian government," said Esipova.

Kramer thinks that as time passes, Crimeans may rethink their affinity for Russia.

"I would say let's check in with people living in Crimea in a while and see whether life in fact has really gotten better. Russia‘s made all sorts of promises that will cost Russia lots of money: to boost salaries, to boost pensions. Russia right now economically is not really in a position to do that," said Kramer.

The poll showed that Ukrainians are split evenly on whether they would be willing to endure a diminished standard of living for a year or two while the Kyiv government looks to fix its moribund economy.

To date Russia is failing to deliver on the promises Putin made.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

ohh wow i gotta repeat myself? TAKE THAT FOR WHAT YOU WILL! if Ukraine says some gold is missing and the previous story about gold being loaded on to cargo planes we can make some speculative guesses based on this but no conclusions can be drawn.

And I can say I saw Superman fly over and take my neighbors car...I can't prove it but I saw it.

Now would you want evidence to back my claim or would you just blindly believe what I am saying, because that is what you are doing with this story.

And you can repeat yourself all you want...someone's blog and zerohedge are not evidence this actually happened, and the fact that zerohedge has shown they are Pro Russian when it comes to events in Ukraine, I have my doubts about the story from them or that blog.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

I think they had a no change option in the vote

No they didn't have the choice to stay with Ukraine...

The option of asking people if they wish to stick with the status quo - in which Crimea enjoys autonomy but remains part of Ukraine - is not on offer.

www.reuters.com...

Feel free to show me where they had the choice to stay with Ukraine, because they didn't.

I am not aware of US/NATO forces in the Ukraine but they do have what they term as advisers and provide intel assistance to the Ukraine and we have all seen the pictures of what appears to be blackwater combat teams in Kiev but in such small numbers that its not too important.

Really you saw people from a company that is no longer in existence, how does that work?

What I don't see is anything like a Russian invasion or masses of Russian troops in the Ukraine but will admit that some Russian military personal have hopped across the border to help the rebels without the official approval of Putin and who can blame them after the Nazi's started burning people alive in the east of the Ukraine.

And yet Putin admits to sending armed troops to Crimea and you don't think that is considered an invasion...Oh and when you annex part of a country that isn't yours it is an invasion and take over...And Putin admitted that he it was with his approval.

And you can show proof that Ukraine was behind that, because if I recall there is no official report as to who started the fire...but of course it is fun to just make things up...liking calling Ukranians Nazi's, or at least that is to you.

Real time intel in a war is hard to come by, hell it takes months to even know if MH17 was hit by a missile or shoot down by air to air cannon fire according to western experts but don't worry I will let you know if and when this great Russian invasion of the Ukraine ever takes place, it will be a joy.

Once you decide to join us in the real world you will see that has already happened and you are just to blind in your anti American bashing to actually see what is right in front of you.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

uhh he practically owns the oil and gas industry in russia.

And how did he come to do that, because he didn't before he became President?

And the KGB doesn't pay that well for someone to be able to take over a whole countries oil and gas industry.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Yeah, sorta reminds me of a certain thread about 123% voting in Crimea...and look how many pages that lasted for..

Well when you have a country that lies about the true results, and a group of people such as we have here defending the lie about the vote what do you expect?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Well let's see here shall we...

Given that 474,137 people from Sevastopol were meant to have cast ballots, he found it more than a little suspicious that, at the end of last year, public census data put the voting-age population at 385,462. Where did the extra 88,675 votes come from?

www.dailydot.com...

That is how you get 123%.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

i already said no conclusions can be drawn only speculation. the # do you want from me? why are you arguing. i havent even taken any sort of stance on the issue.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

yes Crimea was a Russian occupied territory. it had been for years, and it was going to be for many more.
edit on 26-11-2014 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-11-2014 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

yes Crimea was a Russian occupied territory. it had been for years, and it was going to be for many more.

It was given to Ukraine in the 1950's.
It was reaffirmed as Ukraine in the Budapest agreement.

so it belongs to Ukraine and is occupied by Russia.
Just as Russia occupies Kaliningrad, which belongs to Germany.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Source

Voice of America...Really?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

the # do you want from me?

Deny Ignorance...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

the # do you want from me?

Deny Ignorance...

how am i supposed to have anything but ignorance on an event that no one can even substantiate?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

uhh he practically owns the oil and gas industry in russia.

And how did he come to do that, because he didn't before he became President?

And the KGB doesn't pay that well for someone to be able to take over a whole countries oil and gas industry.

"idanno? ambition? crime? a mix of both? how else do people wind up taking over # and becoming stupidly wealthy?"

-Me

wow i had to repeat myself again?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Putin failed to deliver everything he promissued in Crimea even worse now it's becoming a haven for smugglers and crime is increasing see Russia is much like the US was in the 1920s. Gangsters and corrupt politicians taking bribes and terrorizing locals. In Russia there is always someone you have to bribe it's business as usual.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Putin took over because many former KGB stole assets when the Soviet Union fell apart. And we'll everyone was to scared to stop them . So Putin and his oligarchs were able to steal and sell anything and everything.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join