It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hazards of secondhand marijuana smoke

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: AgentShillington

So would you suggest as a solution for bars that want to integrate marijuana smoking with drinking should designate a spot out back (maybe with a fence) that they can go toke?

No. I would suggest smoking at home. If you want to enjoy marijuana in a bar, there are ways to do so that are MUCH more similar to ingesting alcohol.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

"Such a scheme... fining people for smoking in public... I'm counting my hundreds of dollars that brings in from tickets every year."

What hundreds of dollars? Short of you personally being responsible for issuing such tickets or fines then pocketing what essentially amounts to extortion money I cant see how you would benefit?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Neocrusader

Josh Gordon seems to think that you can fail them from second hand smoke, or at least that is what his legal team is arguing.

Report: Josh Gordon 'barely' failed drug test, will argue 2nd-hand smoke

During his appeal, Gordon will argue that his failed drug test was a result of second-hand smoke. Gordon's failed test came out at 16 nanograms per milliliter, just one nanogram above the NFL's threshold of 15 nanograms per milliliter.

Gordon's drug test consisted of two samples. The 'A' sample was the one that failed, while a second 'B' sample passed the NFL's drug threshold, measuring at 13.63 ng/ml. The discrepancy will also play apart in Gordon's argument because both the 'A' sample and 'B' sample came from the same specimen, meaning they should have tested out to almost the same number.

To be honest I see this and say that he smoked just long enough ago that he was right at the threshold (and the way that urine samples work, you can pass one day then take the test the next day and fail when you are right on the threshold). I don't think the study in the article will help Gordon's case.

Though I don't agree with the suspension. The NFL should embrace marijuana usage; it's better than the opiates they give out like candy. Not to mention the NFL endorses alcohol (particularly beer) like it's going out of style.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Though I don't agree with the suspension. The NFL should embrace marijuana usage; it's better than the opiates they give out like candy. Not to mention the NFL endorses alcohol (particularly beer) like it's going out of style.

When the advertising money from BigWeed starts pouring in, you had better believe the NFL will relax their rules on consumption. Like someone else on this thread stated.

Money.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So would you suggest as a solution for bars that want to integrate marijuana smoking with drinking should designate a spot out back (maybe with a fence) that they can go toke?

Around here, people don't give a second glance towards someone smoking weed. Maybe it's a California thing...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Blood vessel function in laboratory rats dropped by 70 percent after a half-hour of exposure to secondhand marijuana smoke

Hmm wonder what the lab mice were being fed, was it GMO corn. Probably the same lab mice, that are to prove GMOs are Ok for you to eat.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I agree with you 100% on this. If there is anything that Roger Goodell knows best, it is money. That's all he cares about (that and image). It's not like he actually cares for the players, the fans, or the sport itself.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Just wait until it is legalized, they'll come out of the woodwork.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I would. Or even a hooka bar that serves drinks. If it's a designated smoking bar, then people who don't want smoke can go to the smoke-free bar next door.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What about Amsterdam's setup where they keep marijuana use and alcohol use separate? ("Coffee" shops and bars)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I'm not even a scientist and I know the repercussions of secondhand marijuana smoke, it gets you high.
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What about Amsterdam's setup where they keep marijuana use and alcohol use separate? ("Coffee" shops and bars)

Seems to work just fine across the pond. I don't see why it wouldn't work just as well here. We have hookah bars everywhere now-a-days. Sheesha smoke is still tobacco with even more stuff (usually natural depending on the grade of sheesha you buy) packed on. So overall, MJ is still less harmful than even sheesha. Which is leagues less detrimental to one's health than cigarettes.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: safetymeeting

I would imagine that's more of a positive side effect depending on the environment and company one finds themselves.

I'm not suggesting or condoning the consumption of such in an inappropriate place or when children are present but dope smoke is about as dangerous as water. Short of locking yourself in a room with an abundant amount of cannabis users for an extended period of time I really don't think anybody would experience any adverse side affects other than the munchies from exposure to second hand dope smoke apart from the obvious contact high. Just my opinion.
edit on 18-11-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Yeah I get that, I'm trying to field ways that marijuana could be legalized while still allowing people to partake socially in a bar like atmosphere while also accounting for second hand smoke.
edit on 18-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

in my state there are cigar shops with lounge areas where you can puff a cohiba
there are bars where you can drink
there are hookah bars where you can mingle and smoke baccy
so when, MJ is legal, will there be the equivalent? an MJ bar????

*crosses fingers

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

Fun fact: in most major cities during rush hour, the amount of carbon monoxide is 30ppm in the air

The maximum allowable ppm for carbon monoxide as per Occupational Health and Safety is 15ppm and no more than 30 minutes exposure.

WAKE THE FRIG UP ALREADY
The people in power and money are trying to kill you so you spend more time and money on their medicines and less time and money on defeating their goals

Secondhand cigarette smoke has been conclusively proven with HUMAN studies to be just as bad as smoking the cigarette yourself, if not worse because you're unaware of the dangers.

But keep pumping out these studies claiming how bad marijuana is, mainstream media. We'll let the facts and truth speak for itself. The truth that making marijuana illegal is a big money making pig that has to be fed every year to keep us blind and ignorant.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Yeah I get that, I'm trying to field ways that marijuana could be legalized while still allowing people to partake socially in a bar like atmosphere while also accounting for second hand smoke.

Right and I completely agree with you. I think having cannabis bars is the next logical step ONCE cannabis is legalized. I know I would frequent them. As of things now I have only been to an actual bar once in my life and that was my 21st. I paid too much for drinks and almost got in a fight. I have never looked back. But that's alcohol. I am biased toward it, I drink once in a blue moon don't get me wrong, but for the most part I stay far away from the stuff. I just don't think that there would be too many problems stemming from violence in a cannabis bar. On the subject of second hand smoke, well, if you don't want second hand smoke just don't go to the cannabis bar. Not that I believe it would harm you in any tangible way but still...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

About the fights, I think that legalizing marijuana as an alternative to alcohol consumption would definitely reduce the amount of violence in the country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join