It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or what are the angels? Are they male or female?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
we'll all be on the same page regarding angels soon enough.

2 or 3 days tops.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Yippee I love that you have that point of view...I have a hundred ways to interpret every story in the Bible from mundane to sci fi to coo coo. The fact you don't see what I do here and thought with time and scrutiny anyone would is a good reminder that the interpretations are endless and I gotta be even more flexible in my thinking still. I always thought it was quite obvious, and is more so in Greek, that the whole four heads thing described a part of what Ezekiel and others refer to as the Spirit of the Lord which is some type of vehicle in my opinion. It seems that for once, the twisting of texts and evidence to suggest ancient aliens actually isn't a twist at all here, not the ETs are necessarily involved but would be a logical hypothesis as to who'd be operating it. I recently saw an awesome page illustrating this theory I'll post. Without looking at Ezekiel as an "abduction" or rather a series of, it makes sense no other way. The spirit of the Lord is metallic and goes this way and that and has four animals attached with four faces each and rests on wheels. The animals are landing gear but their moving looking the way they did made him think they were animals or call them that for lack of vocabulary. And I forget but I believe the four faces coincide with the four animals which represent the four archangel, an appropriate way to decorate a ship used by God's soldiers if you entertain the ETs equal angels and demons theory. As far as lack of vocabulary, one example which just about made me "uh HUH!" when I finally got it and it made me sure such a strange story was a spaceship story was when he talks about traveling. The spirit of the Lord lifts him up and suddenly he is inside the spirit of the Lord, like being inside a trippy Spirit of St Louis. And the uh HUH moment was when, and it took me ages tho now DUH, how easy. He says after going inside "i was in the view of the Lord." Forgive me if I made a mistake I've only read the Bibls in English twice (and it may as well be called another name- Based on the Bible. The words were carefully chosen and meaning and lots of hidden messages and such can't be seen in English much less the original meaning with the liberties publishers take). But I realized ok, he is picked up with a tractor beam, yes this is my opinion he says another way which points to a tractor beam too in a later chapter saying, "the Spirit lifted me up BETWEEN EARTH AND HEAVEN and took me in visions of God to Jerusalem." This parts neat, visions of God and earlier he says of another trip the Lords hand was inside him Then he found himself in the Spirit in the view of the Lord. in the view of the Lord!? Huh? It makes no sense at all unless this is an ancient person's way to describe something never before seen at the time, but known by all of us as...anyone? Birds eye view. So we know the Spirit of the Lord is shaped like a wheel, has four legs, has an interior, when it opens there's a throne (big seat) and a human like thing or likeness (astronaut suit has been a theory, I think maybe remotely controlled with an avatar or holographic pre sense, when they speak Ezekiel says their word came inside him, most if I abductees say telepathy is means of communication...(ask about Tower of Babel if u like telepathy) ,SOTL sounds like thunder when it lifts off, and gives a person birds eye view, it's use is to take hominids long distances... if we ain't reading about a ship I dunno what we are. I am NOT an alien buff whatsoever so I would be the last person to" go there" I just don't believe in aliens as most do rather this dichotomy of science world and spiritual world doesn't exist in my opinion. So I hate to call this thing a spaceship cuz of the images and meaning you all must have attached to that word. Is ufo better? Angels having big white feathery wings is renaissance art at work...angels could very well need vehicles and if ETs are angels we know they do. People say they have debunked renaissance paintings which, most of u are aware, show IF Is often but other than the sun/moon argument there's also the argument" that's what they painted when the skies open and angels come through. We mistake it for UFOs." Or dont we? Maybe that's how they travel. (Someone post link to painting where shepherds witness sky opening for announcement of Christ please) Anyway, it's the only thing I can get after reading it in eng and Greek if I'm wrong, oh well. I am still investigating here and there this possibility and that and my beliefs change daily. I do though, like looking at all the ways the Bible could be true when seen with symbols in mind, new scientific (air quotes) discoveries, supposing there was a translation here, or we were technologically superior antedilluvian. I am pretty sure about one thing though i believe we are in a 100% spiritual world already and things that we'd consider explain the world around us but we don't relate it to God is labeled science and explanations of the unknown religion. And that attitude is what is so confusing. There is one universe in the Bible, Greek myth, Indian legends etc. This is it. The angels are here with us and the demons, God and heaven and hell. We have all heard of beings of pure light, could they not be immortal? Or angels here in this universe people call aliens? At least on planets where a day is equal to 800,000 yrs on earth and therefore nearly immortal? And I believe there are other dimensions in our universe. Like hell which has some pretty neat evidence regarding its existence or heaven where God" lives" and perhaps our spirits do after death as we convert to equal amount of but different type of energy? There's just so much disagreement between religious and nonreligious when I think if we'd just drop looking at science and spirit as opposite when they're either unrelated or one in the same. An atheist calls em aliens and believes in other dimensions cuz the laws of physics are solid and thinks Ezekiel was ignorant thinking that aliens are God's army and a Christian thinks they're angels and believes in the afterlife (since they believe the dimensions heaven and hell exist but know we aren't three-dimensional beings so we at least much reach death before attaining a self capable of accessing them) and Ezekiel was picked up by the Spirit of the Lord which had a visible energy like metal and was controlled by God's angels...and an ancient Greek would think he was picked up in Helios chariot and Hindus by Kali's...I dunno why I'm rambling about this or if it makes sense to anyone but tho tempted to delete I'm posting it still. But consider it. Maybe this world is everything, there's nowhere else to go abd it's all here with us, where just stuck in one dimension of it.

Very Awesome!! I loved reading your post and thinking critically outside the box. I love thinking beyond what we have been fed or taught. I believe anything and everything is possible. I am so glad you shared your ideas, TY

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElohimJD

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
Great thread because truly, what and who are the Arc Angels?
Whether you are Roman Catholic or Christian or Islamic or Jewish,
the Angels are pretty much the same.
With exactly or at least darn close names and jobs.
3 religions typically at each others throats but share Arc Angels ?
It's a bit odd. They can't decide on a God but Angels? No problem.
Maybe the Angels are the secret ingredient for all 3
coming together out of respect .

According to scripture there were originally 3 arch-angels:

1. Michael (Protector/Warrior)
2. Gabriel (Word of God/Messenger)
3. Lucifer (Ruler/Arts/Music)

When Lucifer rebelled (chose to go against the laws/rules of Almighty God), he brought 1/3rd of all angels with him in rebellion. Just as he represented 1/3rd of the arch-angels; his sin spread to 1/3rd of all angels.

Because of Lucifer's fall from Grace, Raphael was added to the Arch-angel designation for Arts/Music purposes; but because the one created to rule was incapable of ruling righteously (Lucifer) no angel was given that responsibility in Lucifer's stead; angels had proven, even when given all the beauty, power, and talents of Lucifer that they cannot govern the Creation righteously; only God and the God Family (Elohim) could be trusted with ruler ship.

With great purpose God allowed Lucifer to continue ruling the physical realm in part; but with extremely limited powers and only temporarily; this was required for the eventual creation of Elohim from mankind. His rule will end at the return of Jesus Christ, when the current age ends and the rule of Jesus Christ over all things begins to restore peace among life (agreement with God). Only then will a ruler in full agreement with God (Jesus Christ Elohim) restore the Creation to its original purpose, all perfectly according to plan.

God Bless,

I know there are a lot of others book around that says there are 7 archangels , but the bible talks only about one;
Jude verse 9 declares, "But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil about the body of Moses, did not dare to bring a slanderous accusation against him, but said, 'The Lord rebuke you!'"

The other occasion He is refer as "chief prince" (that what archangel means) is the book of Daniel, in some instances the bible uses "chief princes", so there are more. But the bible only mention Michael. I'm just trying to stay on the bible.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
a reply to: Abednego

There are cherubs, which have four wings and four heads, as described by Ezekiel:

There are Babylonian gods with animal head or human head and once again four wings:

While the middle-eastern religion's angles have human appearance except their wings are direct extensions of their arms:

Are they female or male? Hard to say - if they incorporate bird DNA (for the wings, or even the head in some case), then their chromosomes is somehow an impossible mix of two (or more for Ezekiel's cherubs) different numbers, and as sex is determined by X and Y chromosomes in humans specie, it is also determined by Z and W chromosomes (ZZ for male, and ZW for females). Ambiguous to determine.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Humans are angels, too ... we just have a body at the moment and 'they' don't. Simple as that

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
And when they come you will know the difference.

The current world order was created by the Victors of WWII. The United States of America is the only survivor from the allied forces. the last man standing...

...ever wondered why?

edit on 19-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
angels might be male or female like humans
some might be neutral
there might be lots of angels and other fantastic creatures in the universe we dont remember

edit on 19-11-2014 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Angel - supernatural being or spirit found in various religions and mythologies.

This is the general meaning, but for the purpose of this thread I'm talking about the ones in the bible.
There is a ton of information regarding this beings, but who they really are?

Give your opinion and I will try to reply to everybody. Be respectful.

Do we always assume them to be humanoid in form?

Unfortunately, I can't share my full knowledge of angels, not yet. To answer your question though, the aspect of male or female becomes different in the higher levels of existence.

In higher levels, the aspect is more distinguished by the character of the entity.

Even in ourselves, our character does not necessarily match our physical sex (xx or xy chromosome).

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
They are supposedly powerful beings made of pure "light" and have powers that would generally place them beyond question to the simple-minded. If you can question them, they might have just been another powerful extra-terrestrial race.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Hey, how come this guy is wearing watches around his wrists?

Uhhh , You think they were just ancient idiots like science has taught man hu! That would be a huge mistake. Look he even has shoes lol.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
They are supposedly powerful beings made of pure "light" and have powers that would generally place them beyond question to the simple-minded. If you can question them, they might have just been another powerful extra-terrestrial race.

They are spiritual Divine beings like us Humans not some far off ET looking aliens which do not exist!! I will take the ancient history books that tells us of them and the Bible over some fools guess that some little Grey alien from some far off planet exist that has no way to mate!!!!

Just the simple fact that they have no sex organs tells you that they are in the spiritual realm. That with the fact that every encounter with them involves personal terror and rape of the sex organs in Humans should tell you something about the greys!!! They are demonic IE: Watchers in disguise! Not all Watchers are bad, just the ones who interact with humans in any way.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

England, Canada, Australia and Russia. France though occupied at one point was liberated to fight again. Did you forget about them?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Angels are higher level human-race extraterrestrials. (there are other human race ET such as Pleiadians, Sirians, Aldebaran, Nordic). Archangles are much higher than any known extraterrestrials, and apparently have acess to higher D and to God. Still they can be pretty human and to have physical body drink and eat, when they want to (Raphael with Tobias). Ezekiel's wheels in Ezekiel ch. 1 that are popularly known as cherubs, are described highly advanced technological vehicles in which the creatures travel. Similar is the situation with the chariot of Elijah without horses but with fire. Those are space devices, spaceships we would say today, who perform specific tasks to transport beings from to Earth.
The Angels at the tomb of Jesus and at the Ascensions are described as "men clothed in white". Not with wings. Jesus ascended into cloud, not because the cloud is the division zone between earth and heaven (today you could watch it from above in the airplane). Perhaps there was a UFO inside the cloud. Otherwise we should assume he moved interdimentionally and space/time as far as the highest heaven is. As God he could certainly do so if he wanted. He doesn't need a cloud ufo. Or he could choose the good company of some angels in the flying machine in the cloud for the duration of his flight to heaven. As well as he chose very imperfect humans to deliver the words of his Father God.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

originally posted by: swanne
Hey, how come this guy is wearing watches around his wrists?

I zoomed in on it,

Actually, that might not be as silly as it may look. Fit that solar clock with a simple compass and you have standardised time. I've been thinking that exact thing ever since I noticed them on old murals etc. Also notice how many of the reliefs seem to have been expanded, or consisting of several people in different positions making out one body with seemingly skewed proportions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join