It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a huge structure on Mars?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Here's an aerial view of Caral in Peru, the site has been excavated, but it may be useful for the sake of comparison.

edit on 19-11-2014 by payta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A decent find and kudos to most people involved with speculations, ideas and analysis of the anomaly in question. Although I'm open to all possibilities, including natural formation being a very real candidate, I still find it highly unlikely. Anyway, I consider this being the best eventual photo evidence of a possible prehistoric structure on Mars built by sentient beings.

Oh, MarsKingAQuestion, since we are lucky to have you with us - such an eager individual with enough time on his hands - I have a neat challenge for ya, mate - open 10 random photos of the surface on Mars, take a detailed look through these for any patterns and let us know if you find any more ponds, roads, etc... I have a serious eerie feeling that such might lie everywhere on Mars hidden under sand but I think your attention to detail is greater than any other person's on ATS, including mine, so do please contribute more!

edit to add - Oh, and please, include drawn outlines of your finds overlapping on the photos, the same way you've been doing so far. Can't wait to see what you find!!! I think you're the one person that can blow the lid off all the Mars conspiracies! Go MKAQ, GO!

edit on 19-11-2014 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Interesting a Geometric Shape within the Sand.. of Mars

Ok....

In Iran

Mars Face Structure

In Iran

Mars D&M Pyramid in Cydonia

If Someone Wants to Look Around MARS For Geometric Shapes and Mars Structure oddity's
Within its Sand .. Like Egypt( Cairo ) Once Was as The Spinx was Buried to its Head & as The Great Pyramids were Half Way Buried

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c28ffc981a61.jpg[/atsimg] British soldiers from the late 19th Century

you need to look in Cydonia ... which is a Great mystery to me especially the Resemblance of IRAN Mounds & and Cydonia's Structures yet different planets ...

edit on 19-11-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

That's a natural formation though...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv
It actually reminds me of those ancient cities in which
the city was enclosed by walls and look out towers,
basically a fortress with a small city inside of it.

You mean like this...

Link to source
edit on 19-11-2014 by CraftBuilder because: I added the source link.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Any direct link to the original source picture? Any measurements taken of the structure? Or is it pure speculation hour?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Have u ever turned that photo of the mars fa e upside down?

Bears a striking resemblance to a grey lol

Hide the best stuff in plane sight .

reply to: Wolfenz

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Maybe something like this:

Masada

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian
Any direct link to the original source picture? Any measurements taken of the structure? Or is it pure speculation hour?

Read the OP, the original picture is in the OP, it has an official link to IDA.WR.USGS.GOV website.

Also, courtesy to member LeFaiseur for the measurements:

Counting the pixels in photoshop (through cropping and rotating), I got roughly 306*366, which gives 1860.48 x 2225.28 metres (with 1 pixel = 6,08 metres).

so, again roughly :

1.27 x 1.67 mi / 1.86 x 2.22 km

edit on 11-20-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: skyblueworld
a reply to: DJW001

It's in Skunkworks, I don't have to do anything that I don't have time for, cheers anyway!

If you have the time to post, you have the time to verify.

To be devil's advocate, YOU are that verification. If ATS didn't have people like you, then who would filter the content? You just so happened to know the answer. Who else knew that?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

OK...it took some work and scoping over Google Earth (Mars Version), but I found a second Image taken by a different Mars Mission.

Specifically: CTX: P21_009232_2084_XN_28N332W

Here:

and rotated to match

The original image is located on the BOTTOM LEFT of this image...ABOVE THE CRATER EDGE..BELOW THE SMALL IMPACT CRATER

viewer.mars.asu.edu...=P21_009232_2084_XN_28N332W&T=2

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
DP
edit on 20-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

That whole crater/hill thing gives my eyes fits. Especially when it starts flipping back and forth because your brain knows that it's a crater but it just keeps seeing a hill.

Not such a right angle, either.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That whole crater/hill thing gives my eyes fits. Especially when it starts flipping back and forth because your brain knows that it's a crater but it just keeps seeing a hill.

Not such a right angle, either.

Thank god you said that! I thought I was losing my mind. Definitely a perspective illusion flipping on and off in the visual cortex with rotation.

As I rotated it at first it appeared to flip to an inverse/embedded perspective..so much so, I briefly thought my MS Paint screwed up something up. It took me a while rotating and staring at it to realize it remained the exact image rotated. The brain wants to see it differently.

Edit to add: Obviously different lighting and angles with the two sets of images. That Mountain/Cliff/Shadow doesn't even appear in the original image. Is it possible it is not a square, but appears so through a combination of angle making a non-square look square? Plus the lighting in the original being such that the mountain/cliff (shadow) completely disappears in the original?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Is this Mars or not ?
Is this a HOAX or not?

I'm confused..

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Awesome find!! The image you used it from 2008 (2008-07-15T20:48:24.227), and the image in the OP is from 2002 (31-Oct-2002). You can see that the terrain in the area has even slightly changed from apparent dust storms as some areas are far more covered than in 2002 (some are even uncovered more it seems)

Original Images w date marker

For those having trouble finding it, here is a marker to go off of:

The newer image definitely doesn't show the right angles of the original, and there are definitely no roads to speak of...

Since it is in a crater it could very well just be rebounding forming a complex crater:

Complex Craters

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

In case it is ever useful in the future...

I downloaded Google Earth app..

Selected "Mars" under the toolbar with planet icon..

Entered the Geo Coordinates provided in this thread (under "Search")..

Then on the left hand tool bar was an imagery option to select image sets...

Each time you select one, Boxes on the map appear to show the terrain covered by that image set/explorer.

I unchecked the image set associated with the op...and then cycled through the four other image sets until a box appeared over the geo location indicating it was captured by that image set (other explorer) and then clicked through.

Walla...a second image from a different set of the same place on mars for comparison.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LeFaiseur

Based off the new image provided, I did not get your measurements. I got ~1 KM short side, ~1.5 KM Diagonal. This was using the 6.38 m per pixel and the HiView Imager application with the raw jpeg2000 image. The viewer showed about 210-230 pixel count on the diagonal depending on where you viewed the edge.

If the Diagonal is roughly 1.5 KM that would make the long side roughly 1.2 KM. So it would have been a 1x1.2 KM Rectangle, or roughly 3/4 of a mile on the long side.
edit on 20-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Thanks!! That is some extremely useful information.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Obviously martians built walled cities 25sq miles in size and then moved to NY for a change of scenery and now work at the post office.

edit on 20-11-2014 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join