It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Climate Change " [People]

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Please check out this latest video from NASA, beautifully illustrating a year in the life of Earth's CO2 ...

An ultra-high-resolution NASA computer model has given scientists a stunning new look at how carbon dioxide in the atmosphere travels around the globe.

Plumes of carbon dioxide in the simulation swirl and shift as winds disperse the greenhouse gas away from its sources. The simulation also illustrates differences in carbon dioxide levels in the northern and southern hemispheres and distinct swings in global carbon dioxide concentrations as the growth cycle of plants and trees changes with the seasons.

The carbon dioxide visualization was produced by a computer model called GEOS-5, created by scientists at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s Global Modeling and Assimilation Office.

The visualization is a product of a simulation called a “Nature Run.” The Nature Run ingests real data on atmospheric conditions and the emission of greenhouse gases and both natural and man-made particulates. The model is then left to run on its own and simulate the natural behavior of the Earth’s atmosphere. This Nature Run simulates January 2006 through December 2006.

While Goddard scientists worked with a “beta” version of the Nature Run internally for several years, they released this updated, improved version to the scientific community for the first time in the fall of 2014.

This video is public domain and can be downloaded at: svs.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well, thank heavens some guy on the internet who has zero scientific qualifications has declared it a ruse, when over 99% of the worlds climatologists and other esteemed scientists think it is real.

I'm going with you, Guy On The Internet, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Those other guys with degrees who have worked their entire degrees in climate science? They know nothing.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You should read some science from outside the US. You know? Everyone else that KNOWS CC is a problem. It's not couched, cherry-picked, obfuscated, etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Because it's not just getting cold like it used to every time it's winter in the Northern Hemisphere where shortened and more indirect daylight makes it get frigid to cold to chilly. It doesn't get to frigid temperatures anymore unless the arctic is misbehaving and the jet stream is having significant dips from it's norm and allowing ARCTIC air to spill down all willy nilly. The Arctic, though warming, is still unbearably frigid. Where I live it used to be that from the end of November to end of March 20's was the norm and if that Arctic air came along it was teens and singles, now it takes Arctic spills to get us below 35.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
For me, it's easy.

"Climate Change" is real. Like you stated, the earth has been doing this, forever.
I don't agree with it being "highjacked" by for profit scientists.

Do we need to do something about the mess we are making? Hell yes.

But do we need to be taxed out the ying yang to do it? Nope

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
But do we need to be taxed out the ying yang to do it? Nope

Easy question. If the human race becomes extinct because we can't live on the planet anymore..... how are you going to make/spend your money?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Not going to. I'll be dead, so no worries.

But really, why do we need to be taxed? Why not encourage free energy creation? Clean energy creation? Well, that would cut into someones profits right?
Until the profit is taken out of the equation, nothing serious will get done. No matter how much "crying" the government does.

Disheartening really.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

So how much do scientists make by stating that our current climate change is because of man released Co2? How much grant money do researchers get?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
NV, not worth it.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Not going to. I'll be dead, so no worries.

So pawn it off on your grandchildren? That's harsh.

But really, why do we need to be taxed? Why not encourage free energy creation? Clean energy creation? Well, that would cut into someones profits right?
Until the profit is taken out of the equation, nothing serious will get done. No matter how much "crying" the government does.

Disheartening really.

You're going to have to ask your own government why they spend so much money on the CC issue(without ant result) when countries like Germany have put money INTO alternative energy sources. 25% of Germany's energy is Green.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Stay tuned for the next NLBS episode, where we show how the politics of climate change has flip-flopped on another, somewhat related, issue.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Link that sums up my feelings on thisa reply to: InTheFlesh1980

edit on 18-11-2014 by bhornbuckle75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'll admit I don't follow the whole climate greenhouse gasses ozone oh no we are all gonna die warming thing. So, let me get this straight: you guys are saying climate change is real due to our interference with the planet? Are you saying climate like this has literally NEVER occurred before on earth? Somehow, I find that tough to digest. I might not know about climate now, but I do know about climate historically--at least somewhat. For example, the little ice-age which happened a good long while ago. That happened without human intervention. So why can't something else happen as well?

Not saying that we should continue abusing the planet or anything--I love nature very much and believe that we should be responsible and benevolent stewards of the planet by taking care of it and not destroying it with out b.s need for $. Just saying that I'm not convinced that our actions are what has brought about the changes. Perhaps nature is simply evolving--which, depending on whether you like Howard Spencer or Darwin--could mean two totally different things. Now i'm totally getting off of the point I was trying to make which wasn't really a point but more of a question. xD

Just saying perhaps what we are perceiving as a shift in our climate might not be totally weird--it could be part of a totally natural cycle. Maybe I just want to believe our planet isn't horribly damaged beyond LE~POINT OF NO RETURN. So please, help me to understand. Am I totally wrong or?

I'm tired--lo siento.
edit on 18-11-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-11-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

So please, help me to understand. Am I totally wrong or?

Pretty much.
Yes, climate changes. Yes, it has done so for billions of years.

The thing is, there isn't much of anything going on other than humans dumping CO2 into the atmosphere that can account for most of the change we are seeing now. The Sun hasn't gotten any hotter, the Earth hasn't gotten any closer to it. There is no extra energy coming into Earth, there just isn't as much leaving.

The other thing is, the worries about CO2 doing this are not new. The thing is the science has said that increasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere would lead to an increase in global temperatures before it became obvious that they is.

The thing is, just because climate has changed without human influence in the past, it doesn't mean that it is doing so now.
edit on 11/18/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ok--legit.

That makes a lot more sense, now. Thank you, Phage!

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rukia

So please, help me to understand. Am I totally wrong or?

Pretty much.
Yes, climate changes. Yes, it has done so for billions of years.

The thing is, there isn't much of anything going on other than humans dumping CO2 into the atmosphere that can account for most of the change we are seeing now. The Sun hasn't gotten any hotter, the Earth hasn't gotten any closer to it. There is no extra energy coming into Earth, there just isn't as much leaving.

The other thing is, the worries about CO2 doing this are not new. The thing is the science has said that increasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere would lead to an increase in global temperatures before it became obvious that they is.

The thing is, just because climate has changed without human influence in the past, it doesn't mean that it is doing so now.

I remember learning about the greenhouse effect in science class as a kid long before global warming became a hot button issue. This was before Gore.or any of the activism. In that lesson no mention was made of it happening here. It was all in relation to Venus. I guess that was just the leftist agenda conditioning me way ahead of time as part of their sinister plot.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

So pawn it off on your grandchildren? That's harsh

I know you know I'm in the US. So the only thing I can control is what goes on in my own home. And I try, at the town level as much as I can.

As far as my government, look, I'm screwed ok? The common person on the street has 10 x more common sense than most all of our government. Even non "conspiracy" people are asking why we don't have huge incentives for creating the things I listed above. But when really questioned, they all know the answer. Money. So I stand by my statement regarding it being taken out.

I actually do have a family member in the Science field. We talk about this a lot. That is why I say that while yes, we need to change our ways, the earth has had some seriously dramatic changes, over and over again, long before we could affect anything, and will, when we are all gone. He studies that type of evidence everyday.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join