It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Food That's A Terrorist Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I just happened across these British food review videos, and they're a hoot! I've never heard of brandy butters or even marzipan Christmas cakes before, what fun!

This this one... OMG:
Surstr omming

Don't miss the comments, they're hilarious. And don't watch if you're eating right now...

edit on 48521211amTuesdayf52Tue, 18 Nov 2014 00:52:48 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I would not want to be on a long flight with people eating surstromming.
It converts to gases in the human gut that could make someone drive their head through a window for a gasp of fresh air.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

The link says it's banned on flights in case the can explodes, they'd have to land immediately and evacuate the plane. Probably extend the usual 12 minute cleanup a bit, too.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Never heard of that surst stromm.....but the marzipan cake I have made before! Love marzipan , yummy.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Hope they insisted that you eat marzipan fruit christmas cake with Wensleydale cheese, the Yorkshire way, yummy. NB it has to be wensleydale due to the flavour no other cheese will do.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Now that kept me entertained for a good long time. I read all the comments. For some reason I'm fascinated with this stuff. My Filipino friends got me to eat Balut on a dare....once.

Bourdain was introduced to lamb sphincters some were in Eastern Europe. Watching that going down with some fine wine was freaky.

S&F

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
Brandy butter is easy. Just beat together butter, sugar, and brandy (and keep in fridge).
I can remember a small but confused nephew grabbing handfuls of it, with the cry "branberry sauce!".

edit on 18-11-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

join