It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's immigration policies hurt bottom line, China says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
We export WAY more oil to the U.S than we do to China. The U.S is the #1 importer of Canadian oil. Mexico is #2. Canada should tell the Chinese to put a sock in it. If they don't like our labor laws they can sell off their assets and do business elsewhere.

That would be devastating to our foreign investment in the oil industry.

Personally, I think Alberta should put on the big boy pants and tell China, "sorry the deals we promised didn't go through as planned, we will buy your Canadian assets at market value."

We all walk away happy. China gets compensated for their loses, Canada gets to maintain her immigration 'integrity', and we don't sully our name in the foreign investment circles.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I would of never ever in the first place allowed foreign investors to destroy our environment for profits but now that we're screwed anyway, I would fight for those Chinese to get appropriate salaries for working on Canadian grounds.

Canada doesn't want slave labors in their country even if they are Chinese.

They can just pack up and leave if they can't follow our rules. Our policies are in place for a reason.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Sorry but I don't think the Canadian taxpayer should be footing the bill for Chinese assets in Canada simply because they don't want to do business within the framework of our laws and regulations. They are seeking to turn a profit at the expense of our national integrity. I have no idea how the government will handle this issue, but I hope they tell China where to go.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Sorry but I don't think the Canadian taxpayer should be footing the bill for Chinese assets in Canada simply because they don't want to do business within the framework of our laws and regulations. They are seeking to turn a profit at the expense of our national integrity. I have no idea how the government will handle this issue, but I hope they tell China where to go.

Since I didn't ask for 'Canadian taxpayers' to foot the bill, we don't really have any disagreement there.

That being said, Alberta made promises, and Alberta has already collected payments. If we wanted to back out of the deal, the time to do so was around 9 years ago, not today, after gleefully accepting their money.

As an Albertan, I fully expect (and will be demanding) that my provincial government makes right on their promises and contracts. If you can't deliver, you pay your due fines and move on. You don't cave to additional demands, and you most certainly don't tuck tail and run.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As a Canadian, I have watched the way of immigration and globalisation stealing jobs and lowering pay for some time with great apprehension.....
This is the thin edge of the wedge.....the trend is to bring in Sandanistsa, or Phillipino, East Indian etc etc labour to run foreign owned firms at lower pay and benefits.....Using the immigration department to do so......I believe this has been done with government assistance time and again in many fields......all part of the plan to disenfranchise Canadians and relegate them to the same slave status.....Globalists are traitors to humanity.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Sorry I must have misunderstood what you suggested then...

Didn't you say you felt a solution would be for Alberta to purchase the Chinese assets here and part ways? If the Canadian/Alberta government is doing the purchasing, they are doing so with taxpayer dollars. Unless I am misinterpreting what you are suggesting?
edit on 17-11-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph
Alberta tax payers have been benefiting from it, why shouldn't they be part of the clean up of it?

edit on 17-11-2014 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

We export WAY more oil to the U.S than we do to China. The U.S is the #1 importer of Canadian oil. Mexico is #2. Canada should tell the Chinese to put a sock in it. If they don't like our labor laws they can sell off their assets and do business elsewhere.

We export our crude to the US because we do not have the infrastructure to refine it. Does the US keep the fuel from the crude we export to them? Or does it just end up in other markets like China?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Zbigniew brzezinski likes to break the ice when meeting with foreign leaders with This question "what keeps you up at night?"

The Chinese leader in the late 80's and early 90's responded with a pretty priceless answer IMO. He said "Findig all these people jobs"

China has reached a point that the rest of the world will have to come to eventually... Hopefully we can handle it a little more gracefully then china but... Having 90% more population then you actually need because of tech... Is a big problem to try and solve..

So far the brilliant Chinese have came up with mardi gras beads and buidling giant cities in the desert no one ever moves into..

Tangled web indeed..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join