It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Depression Actually Be a Form of Infectious Disease?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

or learn to cope so you don't have to hide from reality. Mine sounds more healthy.

I've been through hell and back and survived. I wouldn't change any of that because I love who I am right now and where my life is. If I didn't go through what I did, I'd be completely different and wouldn't be with my wonderful fiance.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My Mom can't eat spinach, most people with Crohn's or IBS can't because it is a gassy vegetable. It causes way too much pain to consume.

My Mom has been sick for 8+yrs so she's got a good hand on what foods bother her. At this point though, most of the damage was done when the doctors were ignoring her symptoms in the beginning and just gave her pills. It wasn't until she was dying and up in the hospital before a nurse finally convinced a doctor to open her up and look inside. She lost almost all her her large intestine in that surgery.

The other thing that screwed her was that she was an alcoholic for the first 4yrs so her Crohn's ran wild.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Yeah, that would complicate things if she has those problems. It went to long before being properly diagnosed. The foods with fiber do cause gas most times. With her problems getting that far it is hard to use diet to treat the problem anymore. I don't think raw spinach is good for most people myself but cooked spinach is very good for most people. With her problems though, I can understand why it is not a good thing to eat these kinds of things.

She probably knows what she can and can't eat, but she just went astray from what she knows is tolerable. It gets pretty boring eating the same foods all the time, I can't say I blame her for doing it. I drank milk for forty years after knowing I was allergic to it. I suffered many times with a special hangover I would get off of milk products.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Yea I have been temporarily diagnosed with IBS and I have to have a strict diet too. Like you said, it's hard to be strict all the time so sometimes I have a food I shouldn't and suffer through the pain.

The problem with kicking the booze addiction, as for most people, is she was still addicted to sugar. My Mom always liked sweets but it increased after her drinking, so that didn't help either.

I've learned a lot about how to take better care of myself from what my Mom has/hasn't done.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

Yea I have been temporarily diagnosed with IBS and I have to have a strict diet too. Like you said, it's hard to be strict all the time so sometimes I have a food I shouldn't and suffer through the pain.

The problem with kicking the booze addiction, as for most people, is she was still addicted to sugar. My Mom always liked sweets but it increased after her drinking, so that didn't help either.

I've learned a lot about how to take better care of myself from what my Mom has/hasn't done.

It's good to learn from our parents and relatives. If your mother has any sisters or brothers, try asking them about what they eat if they are not showing symptoms of this. Since intolerances are sometimes genetic related this might be something to consider. My daughter has spastic Colitis and she has problems with pork and milk. My sister had problems and had to have about a foot of her intestine removed. I get the pain in my abdomen sometimes but that is related to AIP porphyria, if I avoid triggers I have very few problems. This is a problem from northern Sweden, Finland, and Maybe Norway. Diet can easily control this from ever giving a person a problem. Because it is supposedly so rare, nobody tests for it. The thing is, I think it is not really that rare, I just think that the traditional diet was formed to keep this genetic problem from being a problem. Now, it is called acute intermittant porphyria, so if you never screwed up with your eating, you never need to go to the doctor because of symptoms. I think it is actually common amongst these people but they just don't have problems unless doctors give them medicines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join