It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Arrests Drop, But Still 1.5 Million Drug Arrests Last Year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
When I see numbers like this I think about all the ruined lives if they get a felony (which anymore felonies are handed out like candy)...

I have never needed alcohol which is legal to a limit or Pot which has been illegal in most places I have lived... I realize there are certainly others who enjoy both.. Their choice and as far as I am concerned it is just part of natural selection.. But... The drug war is a total crock of Poo and I for one would like to see it done away with.. This war corrupts almost everything it touches IMO.

Hey they stop the war then the CIA/DEA can come out of the closet ... have their own label and everything !! win win, no ?

More than 1.5 million people were arrested for drug offenses in the US last year, and more than 693,000 of those for marijuana offenses. The figures come from the FBI's 2013 Uniform Crime Report, which was released today.

That's about one pot bust and slightly more than one other drug arrest every minute, 365 days a year. The vast majority of them are for simple possession. Over 87% of all marijuana arrests and 82% of all drug arrests were for possession only.

stopthedrugwar.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I want to comment but the ridiculousness of the war on drugs is just too obvious at this point. I can't think of anything more to add.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Number crunchers in our Governments are still on the fence, is there more money to be made in Tax or in fines..I'm Guessing they still favour fines and criminal records over Taxation and a little bit of chill out time for the masses....

The masses cant be trusted to chill man. God forbid the masses say they cant be arsed.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
The Number crunchers in our Governments are still on the fence, is there more money to be made in Tax or in fines..I'm Guessing they still favour fines and criminal records over Taxation and a little bit of chill out time for the masses....

The masses cant be trusted to chill man. God forbid the masses say they cant be arsed.

You may be right "IF" the for profit prison system is not factored in with their 25 cent an hour labor....

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What would pay for all the Cops new arsenal ?

Our local guys have been saving for a Nuke.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It is insane. The feds bust growing collectives and shops in states where its use is legal. The point of having 50 state governments, is that each state can make its own laws without Federal interference. That was the idea, anyway... Progressives (that generally support legal MJ use) would be better served by using Constitutional rights, instead of fighting them...

I have a dog in this fight. I have M.S., and wish Idaho would legalize medicinal use. I am tired of being criminalized for trying to make myself well without big pharma. It is a travesty.

I have said my peace...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

They are on the fence because they realize that many will just grow it and not pay uncle Sam anything in taxes.

Here in Florida, the Sheriff's Associations and Prison Guard Unions dumped in a bunch of money to ensure medical cannabis would not pass. We needed 60% and got 58% of the vote. They are running around like the majority of Floridians do not want medical.

Now why would they do that
edit on 16-11-2014 by jrod because: ab

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
A lot of these arrests are not because of Marijuana. The people were caught with the drug but were known to either be stealing from others or selling other drugs. It is often a way to get the people off the streets, especially in small communities. Plea bargaining also drops the charges down to possession of Marijuana.

new topics

top topics

join