It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby - The Stunning Fall of America’s Dad

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It probably being brought up to shame and slime Bill.

After all he is a famous Black Conservative.

Otherwise, why give these old allegations so much attention ?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

His fans will be disgraced.

The disgrace isn't on the fans. They will either be completely in denial or disillusioned depending on the viewpoint of each and whether or not it is true.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoriSCapnSkip

As for the story of not wanting her parents to know...I am not sharing any of this with my elderly mother with whom I rushed to watch the ('80s) show each week, so what does that say?

UPDATE: Uh-oh, cat's about to be let out of the bag! The story is coming up on NBC News!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It probably being brought up to shame and slime Bill.

After all he is a famous Black Conservative.

Otherwise, why give these old allegations so much attention ?

It definitely is. Hannibal Buress brought this thing into the light again. He mentioned it during a routine where he was bashing Cosby for telling black people to be less black and more civilized.

It's definitely relevant. So often the people telling everyone else that they are bad are themselves far worse. Pastors and politicians have these kinds of scandals all the time for this reason.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoriSCapnSkip

UPDATE: Uh-oh, cat's about to be let out of the bag! The story is coming up on NBC News!

UPDATE OF UPDATE: They briefly detailed the allegations, including that he settled with the one victim only when they threatened to bring out 13 others with similar stories. My mom still didn't believe a word of it. One thing I found interesting was that in a radio interview, Cosby would only answer inquiries about the accusations by shaking his head no. Was this because he was too discouraged and disgusted to speak, or because he didn't want his voice analyzed for signs of deception?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
It definitely is. Hannibal Buress brought this thing into the light again. He mentioned it during a routine where he was bashing Cosby for telling black people to be less black and more civilized.

Oh, I didn't know that! I should have watched the Buress video...

Language Warning...

Here it is...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'd like to note that just because a famous rich person settles a law suit out of court, that doesn't mean they are guilty. Many times it's cheaper for them to settle that way then to defend themselves in court. They could very well be guilty and be trying to quietly pay off the victim ... or they themselves could be the victim and they are trying make it go away cheaply and quietly.

If someone accused me of something I didn't do, and I had a ton of money and time and my health could handle a court case, I'd take the accuser to court and file counter charges against THEM for extortion etc. But not everyone gets ask irked and steamed up as I do ...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I'd like to note that just because a famous rich person settles a law suit out of court, that doesn't mean they are guilty. Many times it's cheaper for them to settle that way then to defend themselves in court

youre right...
that said, when i read about someone settling for long money, it screams guilt to me..thats how i see it.

i dont think it is cheaper for them to settle than it is to fight it out in court. i think it is cheaper for them to settle vs take the chance on losing and having to pay more....on top of having to possibly pay more there is the guilt aspect.
when they settle you know there is a non disclosure and the papers say the settlement is not an admission of guilt.

to me, it almost always smells of a pay off so they can get away with what they have done.

i just signed a settlement agreement with my employer/comp.
there is a chance if i would have kept fighting it out i could have got more....i could have got less.

same for the employer though...all the medical exams went as expected and the hearings i had all went in my favor. if they didnt settle they risked having to pay me far more money.

part of the settlement was a non disclosure saying i will not reveal the amount except to my immediate family, lawyer, and accountant. also there was a paper i had to sign stating the employer settling was not an admission of guilt.

i know its not the same exact thing as the cosby situation, but its the same idea...

when famous people/huge companies/long money is involved i always think "yup....guilty"

if they were not guilty, i think they would fight it out....they can afford it....they also have the best lawyers
it is hard to prove someone did something if they didnt do it
edit on 18-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think Bill Cosby was a terrific comedian. I loved watching the show when I was a kid. That being said, I wouldn't put all the allegations behind him.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Grovit

I agree. The guys I do think are creepy and seem "like the type" turn out to be sweet little family men... Cosby did settle a lawsuit (that threatened to reveal other charges) out of court in 2006. Perhaps he thought that was the end of it.

Cosby, who has never been charged criminally, settled a civil case out of court eight years ago with a woman whose lawsuit threatened to surface other allegations. One of those other women has written an article for the Washington Post claiming she was abused by Cosby 30 years ago.

Source

So if The Coz was getting sued in 2006, what keeps these victims from suing him now or his estate after he's dead? Did the statute of limitations expire in the last 8 years? Sounds like he was getting his rape on for quite some time. I'll bet there are still some women out there legally eligible to take him down.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Sounds like he was getting his rape on for quite some time.

getting his rape on...
i think the statute ran out

on a side note, the only thing cosby ever created that is worth a damn is the noise making picture pages pen.
nothing else

only thing cool he ever created

now i cant think about my precious picture pages without thinking about cosby raping all the time all the ti ee ime

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
So if The Coz was getting sued in 2006, what keeps these victims from suing him now or his estate after he's dead? Did the statute of limitations expire in the last 8 years?

That suit was settled. The statute of limitations depends on the state. Some are 4 years, some don't have one. Since the 13 women were involved in the suit, I'm not sure if they can still sue or not. I also don't know if they were "paid off" in the 2006 suit. In other words, I don't know. LOL Maybe they don't want to go through with it or maybe they still will.

Sounds like he was getting his rape on for quite some time. I'll bet there are still some women out there legally eligible to take him down.

You are not wrong.

Interestingly, Janice Dickinson, a supermodel from the 80's is coming forward with her own accusation that Cosby raped her.

With rape allegations against Bill Cosby mounting, supermodel Janice Dickinson tells ET in a new interview that the comedian sexually assaulted her in 1982.
Dickinson also says she tried to write about the assault in her 2002 autobiography "No Lifeguard on Duty: The Accidental Life of the World's First Supermodel," but claims that when she submitted a draft with her full story to HarperCollins, Cosby and his lawyers pressured her and the publisher to remove the details.

edit on 11/19/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
With the number of accusers up to 16 (six public and ten anonymous), and networks pulling his projects right and left, my mom seems inclined to lend credence to the stories and says, "What he did was awful mean." My poor sweet innocent mom.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

NBC has confirmed to HuffPost Entertainment that a planned sitcom project with Bill Cosby is no longer in development. The network had no further comment on the matter. A representative for Cosby was not immediately available for comment.
---------------

thats got to sting

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

TV Land is stopping Cosby reruns and a Netflix standup comedy special was indefinitely postponed. I do find some compassion for the guy.

Source

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

TV Land is stopping Cosby reruns and a Netflix standup comedy special was indefinitely postponed. I do find some compassion for the guy.

Source

not me.
even if it is proven he didnt do anything and is a perfect angel, its not like this is career ending stuff.

i would maybe feel different if he was some new guy on the scene trying to get his material out there...

dude is almost 80. his career has long been over..he will be dead in a few years.

the networks pulling is shows and such does not do anything to affect his life...
it is what it is.

he's not the first person something like this has happened to...

anytime there is a scandal the networks distance themselves.....

look how fast tlc cancelled honey boo boo.
look back at pee wee herman....paul reubans was at the height of his career when his scandal hit.
he was ruined after that.
paula dean got pulled off the air after making comments
thorpe lost endorsements after some pic surfaced of him smoking a joint at a party.
this is no surprise

thats how it works

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nothing stunning about it.

People in the industry have known about this for a very long time.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
another lady coming forward

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Actually, Carla Ferrigno (the Hulk's Wife) has also come forward with accusations.

Carla Ferrigno, who is now married to bodybuilder Lou Ferrigno, is the latest Cosby accuser. Ferrigno was working as a Playboy Bunny in 1967 when she said she went on a double date with the comedian and his wife. She claims the date ended up at the Cosbys’ house, and when Cosby’s wife Camille retired for the evening, and her companion disappeared, Cosby attacked her.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

cosby is not going to like it when louie gets angry
he's gonna beat him to death

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join