It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannabis extract can have dramatic effect on brain cancer, says new research

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: Sabiduria

There have been several studies with cancers, that show tumor reduction of up to 80% in animal tests.

One of the very many reasons that hemp/MJ has been so damn hard to work with and legalize, is the fear of big pharma that their drug money won't be so high anymore.

Because you can't patent anything that's created from a natural product and therefore, no money to be had.

I eagerly await the next series of studies due out next summer.

~Tenth

Well, you know what they say...

Mo money, mo problems.

Here's hoping mo research goes on to prove that cannabis is useful for more than just getting the munchies.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

There are many herbs that were put hear for us but they are almost free, big pharma tries to stop knowledge and testing of them to protect the man made drugs that cause side effects that you now must be treated for. They have made the prosses a death spiral, once in there is no way out except more and more drugs making them more money.I sometimes wonder if they are just slowly putting people to sleep like a dog kennel

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Sometimes I see these and I just kinda skip them and dont even bother looking at them....reason being is because are we surprised yet? why must we keep feeding these sheeps and making em bigger n fatter and more lazy and slower....wait...wait....yes i mean, no dont...lol.....how can anyone possibly argue that something that grows from water and earth and sun....can be bad...
is an amazing monday and even more amazing when the time for information to flow through the entire cosmos and no one can stop it. wake up people, thank you for this, this is just yet ANOTHER...of the many not needed examples but we must keep shoving them....either way they will lose, they already lost....beautiful!!!!!
mosanto n pharma and all of YOU!

namaste!!!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

My sister is successfully treating Stage 4 lung cancer with a combination of cannabinoids in pill form and Essiac. The tumors have shrunk and some have disappeared completely.

F&S&

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes but it is processed chemically and a lot more work goes into it than just cannabis. Magic Mushrooms would be the only other one aside from Cannabis. All you have to do with the two is pick them and your good to go.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

It's not a cure and I don't think anyone who actually knows about it would call it a cure all. We know that it has many benefits like: reducing nausea, pain relief, helping with sleep issues, reducing tumor sizes, helping with depression, and other illnesses going into remission.

All drugs should be legalized. Prohibition doesn't work, we know this. I'm pretty sure that even if the Kennedy's were pot smugglers in the 1930's, pot would still be illegal. It was made it illegal because Hemp would have destroyed the Cotton Industry & crippled the Forest Industry.

Hemp & Cannabis are amazing and the big guys couldn't stand to lose money. Can you imagine if they had just switched industries and joined the hemp/cannabis industry? Our clothing would be so much better, age restriction laws/protocols would have long ago been established with any kinks being ironed out around the way.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I belong to an illness support group and there are a couple people who greatly benefit from it. My Mom is alive today because of it, I'm glad it's at least medicinally legal in B.C for some illnesses.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

People smoke straight opium (well they kind of vaporize it). When it is processed chemically it becomes heroin, but that doesn't mean people can't smoke the opium plant to get high (because they do).

Opium

Opium (poppy tears, lachryma papaveris) is the dried latex obtained from the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum). Opium latex contains approximately 12% of the analgesic alkaloid morphine, which is processed chemically to produce heroin and other synthetic opioids for medicinal use and for the illegal drug trade. The latex also contains the closely related opiates codeine and thebaine and non-analgesic alkaloids such as papaverine and noscapine. The traditional, labor-intensive, method of obtaining the latex is to scratch ("score") the immature seed pods (fruits) by hand; the latex leaks out and dries to a sticky yellowish residue that is later scraped off, and dehydrated. The word "meconium" (derived from the Greek for "opium-like", but now used to refer to infant stools) historically referred to related, weaker preparations made from other parts of the poppy or different species of poppies.[3]

edit on 18-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
A few months ago I had allot of shoulder problems .. and I think arteritis and rheumatism is something that's in the family a long time . But I never tested myself for that.. So the pain was getting worse and I decided to buy some pot to see if the pain would go away.. Now I live without pain everyday only to smoke Two or three zips a day keeps me pain free..

I'm not a smoker of drugs but did this in my younger days only pot. But now I smoke again only as medicine for the pain and works absolutely great

My wife would kill me if she knew I was smoking in the shed..
edit on 0b43America/ChicagoTue, 18 Nov 2014 08:03:43 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 18 Nov 2014 08:03:43 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Let's not forget the therapeutic benefits of simply getting stoned and relaxing.

*shock horror*

That's right, I said it. It's a lot safer than the government approved alcohol, which just so happens to be statistically the most dangerous drug in the world.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I thought the process of making Opium was more to it than that.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Try Lakota: Natural remedy to treat Back Pain, Arthritis & Joint Pain, & Muscle Pain.

I used the jell and it worked very quickly to take away the pain.

I started having arthritis issues when I was 11 and by 16 I was having swollen red joints (almost all joints were swollen and red, all of them hurt and ached) but none of the tests showed I had arthritis of any kind, even when I saw a Rheumatologist. Lucky for me, both my Doctor & Rheumatologist were able to see me having an arthritis flare up so my Doctor just started treating me for arthritis even though the tests showed nothing. Once the glucosamine stopped working due to a tolerance build up, I decided to try Lakota. It worked wonderfully and I used it until I stopped having flare ups.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Keep in mind that people have been smoking Opium for hundreds of years (the two Opium wars ring a bell?). Chemical processing of opium is only 140 years old. It's just a matter of logical inference that opium isn't chemically processed even if you've never seen it.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SensiblyReckless

That goes without saying

Most people just want to stress the importance & legitimacy of cannabis used medicinally. I know a lot of people think that the only reason people use it is to get high, even if they claim it's for medicinal purposes. They say it's just an excuse for people to get away with being high & cannabis doesn't do anything medicinally.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The problem here is that both claims are true. There are quite a few people who are using the "marijuana is good for you!" bandwagon so that they can just smoke whenever they want. But on the same token, there are quite a few people who really DO use the plant medically.

People in the first camp wouldn't have to be so dishonest about their intentions if the ptb could just get over the stigma of using marijuana recreationally like it is a moral offense and destroying society. Everyone knows that stigma is from the 1980's "Just Say No" campaign which was riddled with bad propaganda (with bad science backing it) about marijuana, but ingrained beliefs are hard to shake. This results in the two-faced approach to people supporting medical marijuana legalization.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Can't say I recall the hearing about the Opium wars.

When my Mom was teaching my sisters and I about drugs, Opium wasn't included on the list but heroin was. That meant that we looked up the harm heroin does and not too much into the process of it, other than it was made from Opium which is made from Poppies.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Oh for sure there are those who are falsely claiming to use medicinally but not all.
I also know people who use it medicinally but not legally medicinally because they don't qualify for it. A local dispensary opened up and they base your legibility on the medications you are on, not the illnesses you have. There are some illnesses that aren't on the list but require hardcore drugs (steroids) to treat/manage the illness so they base it on that.

Most of us who use it medicinally are worried about those who think that cannabis has 0 medicinal effect.

Have you seen the newest drug ad, it pops up on youtube. When my fiance saw it he laughed & jokingly said "Look at all that oil you can get from that brain"

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well I'd be happy to educate.

First Opium War

The first opium war is a textbook example of 19th century imperialism (much like what America is doing today). The British REALLY liked tea, and at the time the primary source of tea was China. The East India Trading Company held a monopoly on British trade and grew opium at an alarming rate so that it could be traded for tea. This resulted in a HUGE opium epidemic in China which resulted in a ban on the trade. The British didn't stand for this and sent its navy (on behalf of the EIC of course) to pound the Chinese into submission. This resulted in China getting an uneven treaty (losing Hong Kong), but ended the opium trade.

Second Opium War

Britain wanted to relegalize the Opium trade a few decades after the first war was settled so they demanded the new Chinese government reopen opium trade. The Qing dynasty refused and war broke out again. China lost again. And opium trade was legalized again.

By the way, one of England's biggest banks today, HSBC, got its start during the Opium trade by banking for drug smugglers. HSBC stands for the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. You may remember that a few years back HSBC was indited on charges saying they were massively funding terrorism by laundering huge sums of money for them (they of course got off with just a fine and no jail time for any executives). I can't stress enough how much I hate that bank, shady from its inception.

Really the only good that came out of the two opium wars was that China was opened up to trade with other nations (forcefully though). Also, China can indirectly thank Britain for making Hongkong one of the most successful cities in their country (which is why when they regained the city at the end of the last century they kept many of the ideals of the city in place).

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Not really news.
This has been known about for quite a while now.
Nearly every official study has shown that the claims against marijuana are bogus.
About time they got around to "officially" announcing this.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

No I haven't seen it. I don't go on youtube much, so it's unlikely that I'd see it though. But yes I can see the concerns that real medical marijuana users have with people who don't believe it has medicinal value. This is why I tolerate the people using medical marijuana without actually needing it medically. Though I make no allusions to my position on the subject. I recognize the medical applications, but I just see medical marijuana as just a stepping stone to full blown legalization. I don't want anyone to have to lie about why they are smoking marijuana.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join