It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Amendment 'Was For When the British Were Coming'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A Washington D.C. investigative reporter decided she wanted to get a concealed carry permit and found out the process had clearly been made impossible. She had to 'prove' she was in danger and the police chief's office would be the judge of that, there was no place yet available to take the required safety training, and after numerous visits to the permitting department, they made cameras illegal.

Apparently no one in D.C. even bothers to read the Constitution any more. Now, I have huge unresolved issues with guns in the U.S. personally but this is far past ridiculous.

Concealed Nation

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

The British are still coming and have never stopped. In 1913 they took us over financially and began to take this country apart. There is little left of the constitution because as long as people have there TV's and I phone's they are happily distracted.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yup us brits and canadians are just waiting for you to put your guns down for a 1812 style party in DC

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

That's odd. Do you think it's just DC because I know a few people with a concealed weapons permit. They're in Kansas of course, but nonetheless federal law is federal law. Location shouldn't make much of a difference. Now for bearing arms I'm all for it as long as a background check is done and all the proper procedures are followed.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
the second amendment still stands as needed as back then. Now it is just to protect the people from politicians that want to take your guns in order to remove more civil liberties and insure more control
edit on 16-11-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

In PA, the county I live in?

It is absolutely up to the Sheriff if you will get a concealed carry, whether you have passed the background check or not!

Trust me! I have seen some crazy ass people get permits just due to the fact they have a lot of law enforcement contacts!

Even if you make night deposit drops, he will only give you a permit to carry in your vehicle.

There are many ways around the 2nd.......

Just look at the move they are making in Buffalo, NY!

Outrage builds over NY town’s plan to confiscate legally owned guns days after owners die

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

When Washington was accepting the British surrender the British general leaned over and told Washington that they would take over the U.S. financially by the year 2000, He was a little off, they did in 1913.The federal reserve is a foreign corporation owned by the rich elite in Britain and the stocks can never be sold or transferred , only handed down to family.
edit on 16-11-2014 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The inhabitants of the 13 Colonies where all British Subjects.

So the British " weren't coming " They where already there.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Alright, I'll give you that one, that's pretty funny. And I'm a die hard American Patriot.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
DID ANY OF YOU WATCH THE VIDEO???

Yes, I'm shouting.

Here, I'll make it easy (you click on the thing below...)

Concealed Carry DC Video
edit on 44551211pmSundayf55Sun, 16 Nov 2014 12:55:44 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: supergravity

When Washington was accepting the British surrender the British general leaned over and told Washington that they would take over the U.S. financially by the year 2000, He was a little off, they did in 1913.The federal reserve is a foreign corporation owned by the rich elite in Britain and the stocks can never be sold or transferred , only handed down to family.

UK UK UK UK!!

U of K FK YEAH!

Just indulging in a bit or Rar rar for once

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

Alright, I'll give you that one, that's pretty funny. And I'm a die hard American Patriot.

If you let the UK and Canadians burn down DC again it might sort some problems out for you guys

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingSage

CCW permits are on a state by state enactment and have nothing to do with federal law

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It seems the sheriff is breaking the law. I hope a group of armed citizens performs a citizens arrest on that sheriff. Be sure to stand on his neck while he is resisting arrest. But if you are in fear for your life, just shoot him, reload, and shoot some more. You need to follow proper police procedures when you make an arrest.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thats what happens when you let the authorities begin to license or permit firearms. They decide whats permissible from then on.

They might not be able to change the constitution, but it no longer matters. The "Chief" decider makes the ruling.

As far as he is concerned his mens personal security takes precedent over yours.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I live in Pennsylvania, I have a concealed carry permit. It was pretty simple to get, and I can carry anywhere except federal buildings and schools. All I had to do was go to the courthouse and fill out an application listing two peoples names as a reference, pay 25$ and BAM!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThisIsMyRifle
I live in Pennsylvania, I have a concealed carry permit. It was pretty simple to get, and I can carry anywhere except federal buildings and schools. All I had to do was go to the courthouse and fill out an application listing two peoples names as a reference, pay 25$ and BAM!

Depends on the sheriff.

Either way, they have the say as to whether they give you one or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
When we "won" the revolutionary war the only thing that changed was where the tax money got sent. We fought that war to get away from the same thing that that is ruining our country now.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
As most people know, it was never really about the British. It was about the people being able to protect themselves against government run amok. Tyranny was the enemy then as it should be now. I don't think it is a coincidence that as police are becoming more and more aggressive and violent toward citizens they are also being armed with military equipment and given latitude within the law for extremely questionable behavior. I don't see this ending well.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

do you honestly think the the uk won. hell the uk couldn't even beat a nation the was barely 35 years old, that didn't have a large standing army, and relied mainly on a militia force for a 2nd time. the best the british could manage was a draw. and you want to boast about burning down Washington.

hell half of the uk sailors were U.S. sailors and others that were shanghaied or to use their fancy word impressed into service by the royal navy. something to be real proud of.
then you failed to mention the spanking Jackson gave the invasion force the uk sent into New Orleans.

then you have to remember the attempted capture of Baltimore where not only was that invasion repulsed, our national anthem was pinned and to add insult to their injury sung to a english drinking tune.
yea so yuk it up some more, you only make yourself look ignorant and foolish.

edit on 16-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join