It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your bank deposits are no longer considered money.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So I was making my morning "news" rounds and was on Before It's News (yes I understand they are not the most credible, I do not;however, discredit anything immediately, so BIN is SOMETIMES a good source to cross reference from) and saw The Money in your bank account was stolen this morning the article was contributed by Dave Hodges of the Common Sense Show and states

As of this morning all nations belonging to the G20 will immediately submit and pass legislation that will fulfill a new investment program. This new program creates a whole new paradigm and set of rules whereby banks will no longer recognize your deposits as money.

He draws his article from an earlier one on the blog Zero Hedge : Russel Napier Declares November 16, 2014 The Day Money Dies stating

Large deposits at banks are no longer money, as this legislation will formally push them down through the capital structure to a position of material capital risk in any "failing" institution. In our last financial crisis, deposits were de facto guaranteed by the state, but from November 16th holders of large-scale deposits will be, both de facto and de jure, just another creditor squabbling over their share of the assets of a failed bank

Russel Napier's

Solid Ground report has been providing investment advice to professional investors for almost two decades. Sometimes wrong, often right but always interesting, thought provoking and informative it has become a ‘must read’ for many investors.
and according to Bloomberg Cash Under Mattress May Be Better Than G-20 Bank

Then you have things like this

Panic selling hit the gold market, driving a mad rush out of other commodities and risk assets, as traders saw China's disappointing gross domestic product data as confirmation the global economy is slowing.

www.cnbc.com...

and this

Gold futures for June delivery fell 2.2 percent to $1,531 an ounce at 9:53 a.m. on the Comex in New York.
Hedge funds and other speculators added to bullish gold bets before the metal slumped into a bear market and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. warned the retreat is accelerating after the longest rally in nine decades.
The investors increased net-long positions by 19 percent to 56,084 futures and options in the week ended April 9, the first gain in three weeks, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission data show. That contrasts with a 7.9 percent decline in bullish wagers across 18 U.S.-traded raw materials, which fell to a five-week low of 431,581 contracts. Holdings in agriculture dropped to the lowest since September 2006.
The turn in the gold cycle is quickening and investors should sell the metal, Goldman Sachs said in an April 10 recommendation that returned 5.4 percent in three days. Gold retreated as the Standard & Poor’s GSCI Index of 24 raw materials fell to a nine-month low, extending a slump that Citigroup Inc. said marks the “death bell” for the supercycle, or longer-than-average period of rising prices. Global equities advanced to the highest since June 2008 as U.S. stocks reached a record.
“Anybody who did some buying before this big drop is probably in some pain,” said Donald Selkin, who helps manage about $3 billion of assets as chief market strategist at National Securities Corp. in New York. “The perception is that gold is not really needed as a safe haven. People are looking at the stock market and they’re stunned, and there’s no inflation. So people are saying ‘What do we need gold for?’

mobile.bloomberg.com...

Of course Goldman Sachs is in the know.

When you have people like Joseph Stiglitz saying things like

"If we had seen a governance structure that corresponds to our Federal Reserve system, we would have been yelling and screaming and saying that country does not deserve any assistance, this is a corrupt governing structure," Stiglitz said during a conference on financial reform in New York. "It's time for us to reflect on our own structure today, and to say there are parts that can be improved."
about the Federal Reserve and you have Federal Reserve officials leaving their position to go to wall street. as well as U.S. and UK to test big bank collapse in joint model run it leaves one to wonder is the takedown of gold a sign that the entire global financial system is about to crash?

The decision at the G20 may be an early warning sign.

These things are definitely worth keeping an eye on.
edit on 16-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: these are not the droids you're looking for

edit on 16-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: they might have been the droids. I'll double check.

edit on 16-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: Nope. Definitely not the droids.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Your bank deposits are no longer considered money.

Never were by me. All anyone holds to their deposit is a bunch of receipts. Try and shop with that.

Receipts are just a intangible slip that says you "have" this much money on "account". But you really have nothing except a "promise" . And that changing value is determined by the heads of the head bank.

All you can receive from a bank is paper. They are holding most of the worlds tangible assets.

tan·gi·ble
ˈtanjəb(ə)l/
ms: touchable, palpable, material, physical, real, substantial, corporeal, solid, concrete; More
noun
noun: tangible; plural noun: tangibles
a thing that is perceptible by touch.

edit on 16-11-2014 by intrptr because: added definition

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

good point. It's like we're working for and borrowing money as like a stipend for survival to participate in a system of domination.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

In the 1960's two dimes(silver) would buy a gallon of gas, Those exact same dimes today will buy 5 gallons of gas. It is only what we are taught to perceive that makes us think gas prices have skyrocketed.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I dont think we will have anything to worry about when it come to our money in the bank. I think it is safe to say that if Banks start messin with our income there will be a civil outbreak which would would be completely NOT what TPTB would want.. After all WE THE PEOPLE are the income source. There is way to much money to be made by the global leaders

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: supergravity

Can you clarify your point because Im having trouble making sense of what your wrote.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Remember Cyprus where they just grabbed people's bank accounts?

That was a trial run.

There's a reason you get your paycheck direct deposited now and have little choice in the matter. The banks get their hands on those funds and you have to beg to get them back.

I recently cashed a check in the bank it was written on and was charged $6 to cash it 'because I didn't have an account with them' even though of course the person who wrote the check did and was good for it. I should have screamed bloody murder but wasn't in the mood to have them call the cops on me.

DO NOT TRUST ANY CORPORATION THAT HAS FANCY BUILDINGS, THEY'RE ALL CROOKS. All that marble, steel and glass costs a bundle, and you can bet it was robbed from someone.

Demand your paycheck be given to you in check form, or at the very least change to a credit union and have it direct deposited there. Then go immediately and withdraw it. Keep some cash hidden in your home and turn the rest into precious metals. The day will come soon when they'll turn off your little electronic card and you'll be a non-person without the ability to even buy gas or food.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: supergravity

Can you clarify your point because Im having trouble making sense of what your wrote.

Silver and gold have maintained their value, fiat currency has not. An ounce of gold buys a finely tailored suit on the finest street in London; did back in the 1700s and still does.

That's maintaining value.

Once the Federal Reserve got hold of the U.S.' (and most global) currencies, the value of paper money has reduced by 97%. What part of inflation do you not understand?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yes, when we left the gold standard it allowed the bankers to dictate how much you pay for something, if you use gold and silver they dont have control and you will find hardly any prices have changed much on any thing except many have went down in price.
edit on 16-11-2014 by supergravity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I think he was saying that the material value of the silver used in the dimes would be enough to cover 5 gallons of gas as silver prices are up and making gasoline and shipping it has gotten cheaper due to more efficient means of extracting it. I also think this member was implying that the price of gas is inflated due to greed. I could be wrong in my interpretation but just throwing that out there for you bro.

Bet Florida weather is alot nicer then this coldness up north

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: supergravity

In the 1960's two dimes(silver) would buy a gallon of gas, Those exact same dimes today will buy 5 gallons of gas. It is only what we are taught to perceive that makes us think gas prices have skyrocketed.

Those 2 dimes contain 2.5 grams of silver each.

Based on current silver value, each old dime is worth about $1.20 today.

gas was about .30 a gallon in 1964.

1964 Silver Roosevelt Dime Value (United States)

Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I beleve mecury dimes are $10 to $12 dollars todays value, my point is the leaving gold stadard has allowed changes in prices that people who kept gold and silver would not have noticed.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As I don't like the taste of gold or silver, my spare cash is spent on food, frozen, condiments, food, tinned, clothing, and electricity supply credit, I don't see the point spending $1500 on an ounce of gold, only to hand it over for one tin of beans,
that being a case of pay up or starve.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: supergravity

I beleve mecury dimes are $10 to $12 dollars todays value, my point is the leaving gold stadard has allowed changes in prices that people who kept gold and silver would not have noticed.

Yes, "collectors" values are different.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

ahhhhhhh. Ok, thanks signalfire and supergravity. Great point.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Could you explain what it is your saying? I don't pay attention to finance and markets. How will this effect the average citizen of a G20 nation?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Roosevelt signed an executive order and confiscated gold from American citizens. When will that happen again?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

The cost of taking a barrel of oil out of the ground in the 1930s was about 1:100 meaning you spent $1 to get $100 worth of oil; it's getting towards 1:2 now so it costs $1 worth of energy to pull up $2 worth of oil... that's why you see all this fracking, the low hanging fruit is gone.

At some point it will cost $1 worth of energy to take out $1 worth of energy and all bets are off at that point, unless new sources are found or we wise up and start using other energy sources.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Roosevelt signed an executive order and confiscated gold from American citizens. When will that happen again?

Over lots of dead bodies.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I agree.

Let's hope those ratios get better with "new" sources.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join