If, like me, you too have a secret doom-porn fetish, then you may find the following points fulfilling in that regard - they are a watered-down
transcript from the 7 minute video at the end of this OP.
• December 1983 scientists at the IRAS space laboratory announced that they used an infra-red satellite to detect an unknown object
possibly as large as Jupiter and possibly so close that it could be part of our solar system.
• It was detected twice in 6 months near the constellation Orion.
• Described by IRAS as being so cold that it cast no light, which explained why they hadn't detected the object before using optical telescopes on
Earth or in space.
• IRAS reported that the object appeared to be moving towards Earth.
• Dr Ray T Reynolds of the AIMS research center on California reported that other astronomers are so sure of the 10 planet that it should be
• In 1987 NASA announced that its 2 pioneer spacecrafts failed to find any evidence to support claims that Planet X exists.
• Apparent evidence for Planet X has been observed in the skies for centuries, before the discovery of Neptune in 1846, astronomers believed that
there were 2 giant planets in our solar system yet to be discovered.
• In 1834, Astronomer Peter Andreas Hansen postulated that a single planet alone could not explain the seemingly erratic motion of Uranus’s
• Celestial mathematician Urban Noveria was able to use observations of Uranus’s orbit to accurately calculate the position of Neptune.
• When Neptune was discovered it was deemed too small to be the only planet effecting Uranus’s orbit and that Neptune's orbit appeared to be
effected by a stronger gravitational force on the edge of our solar system.
• After the discovery of Neptune, the hunt for Planet X intensified.
• In 1911 Indian astronomer Venkatesh P. Ketakar hypothesized the position of 2 unknown planets further than Neptune, one of which was later
discovered to be Pluto & the existence of the 2nd planet has never been confirmed.
• In 1984 Physicist Richard A Muller used fossil records to postulate that mass extinction events were not random but occurred regularly every 26
million years, theorizing that every 26 million years an external force such as a large planet passes through the Ort Cloud (a source of comets on the
edge of our solar system) causing comets to violently crash on Earth leading to death and destruction – this theory was made less than a year after
IRAS spotted their object.
• John Anderson of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory proposed that the illusive planet was missed by NASA satellites as it must be travelling in an
elongated orbit at a near right angle to the orbits of the other planets.
• Such an orbit would bring the object near the edge of the solar system every 700-1000 years, being further evidenced by the recent discovery of
the planetoids, including Sebenar which has an orbit so extreme that it takes 11,400 years to orbit our Sun.
• Measurements made by the spacecraft found that Uranus’s irregular orbit was due to an over-estimation of Neptune’s mass – leading to
conspiracies surrounding NASA’s apparent cover-up of the acknowledge of the existence of Planet X.
• In Zecharia Sitchin book The 12th Planet, he interprets ancient Sumerian mythology to determined that there is a planet beyond Neptune
that has an orbit that brings it within our solar system every 3,600 years and the planet is called Niburu.
• Based loosely on Sitchins research, the Niburu cataclysm refers to a collusion or near miss between Earth and another planetary object which is
predicted to happen in the early 21st century.
• In 1995 Nancy Lieder predicted that the gravitational force of planet X on Earth will cause a catastrophic shift of the North and South poles –
leading to the extinction of humanity – siting recent global disasters attributed to global warming actual mark the imminent arrival of Planet X and
put the arrival date at 15th May 2003.
• A Japanese cult called the Pana-wave laboratory picked up on this theory and blocked off roads and rivers in a village in Japan with white cloths
– to protect themselves.
• When the date came and went, Lieder stated that the real date of the actual collusion was to be kept secret.
• The hysteria flared up again after the Planet X theory was blended with the 2012 end of the Mayan calendar apocalypse.
• As well as NASA, Google has also been accused of covering up the existence of Planet X.
• In 2008 it was reported that Google Sky was missing a patch of data from the constellation Orion - the response from Google scientists was that
the missing data was due to a glitch in the stitching software used to piece the images together.
Sources (according to the vid below): New York Times, Washington Post, Planet Quest (Ken Croswell, 1997), Indian Journal of the History of Science
(1984), The Hunt for Planet X (Govert Schilling, 2008)
What!!! - I am writing about Planet X - the one that hit almost 2 years ago - where have you been mate?
Seriously though, I'm posting in Skunk works - credible sources are optional (and subjective).......because of the subject matter, but google any of
the points if you want, I did to get the spelling of peoples names right.
Phage, as for more up-to-date info, it hasn't hit and there are no pics.
The obfuscation of reclassifying planets has thrown a nice wrench in the system. There's regular planets, exo-planets, and dwarf planets so all three
need to be included for UP TO DATE. Planet X was and is most likely a dwarf planet since these planets have different orbits it is quite possible to
have some in eventual collision courses as they pass within the orbits of other planets.
edit on 16-11-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness
The discussion is about a hypothetical planet orbiting the Sun. I'm not derailing the thread, I'm trying to keep it on topic and provided recent
evidence that the existence of such a planet (at least one of any significance) is becoming more and more hypothetical.
edit on 11/16/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)
Then stop harping on on me listing exo-planets in the list of types of planets, and use comprehension when I said planet X is most likely a DWARF
PLANET which orbit THIS sun. You fixating on exo-planets is not your deal not mine.
What kind of effects does your hypothetical planet X have? It sounds special.
A dwarf planet in our solar system has the possibility to intersect the orbit of another planet in our solar system and collide. There is nothing
special about this process it happens all over the universe. It is only significant because large objects colliding in our solar system could possibly
effect our little civilization.
Do you really need education on colliding objects in space? Why not Google your answer as per usual? You and I know it won't make any difference as
cognitive dissonance will prevent you from seeing any point other than your Googled sources that back your own... I'm not one for exercises in
futility. No matter what I reply or direct sources I'd cite; it would be moot to you, so don't even pretend you're trying to debate or understand
what I or the OP is saying...
But since this post could be deemed off topic...
I will reiterate that dwarf planets orbits, are within the orbits of other planets, within our solar system, and that leaves possibilities for
collision. It also leaves the possibility for dwarf planets being misidentified as something else. If anyone wishes to read into my posts as something
other than what it is as it is? Have fun with that.
Thank you for sharing the video (which i watched) and transcript.
Not like you, I don't have a secret doom-porn fetish but I have always and still do have a interest in all matters concerning space and what is
Good call putting it in skunk works
Now to the video, i will say in IMO there is a number off questionable facts, one being Sitchins research, IMO, way to many questions not just about
his research but also him and his connections, but that is another matter.
What has always interested me, is if one ties this alleged planet X theory into the other conspiracies such as DUMB all over the world, the trillions
of dollars etc reported missing over the years, for example the report made by Donald Rumsfeld on September 10 2001, why are they so secretive
regarding space explorations and what might be out there.
The list goes on and on...
Makes one wonder, do they know something?, and if they do have they been preparing for over half a century at least for what might be coming?
If something was coming pretty sure we will never know until the very last minute.
Time will tell though and maybe we will be around to see.
If I remember rightly (and I'm sure I've brought this up on ATS before), Planet X (originally) was just Pluto, but Lowell, who was searching for it
(the planet which Lowell believed had a gravitational effect on the orbits of Neptune and Uranus) died before Pluto was discovered.
Although I know the term is no longer thought of in that way, he (Lowell) coined the term (AFAIK), so to me it will always be just Pluto.
Credible sources would be nice. Bullets do not make this any more believable than Sitchin's speculation on Nibiru.
I've seen sources for all of those bullet points.. I thought this was pretty well known. The planet X thing started long before it was connected to
Nibiru. I remember when I was a kid, I'm in my 30s, that I knew there might be an extra planet. That all really happened.
People really did think there was something huge somewhere out there messing up the orbits of the planets. Actually to this day I don't think it's
been explained. Might be wrong but I think one of the theories is that it's something 4 times the size of jupiter, but way out there, and not on a
path into the inner solar system. That might be an old theory havn't really followed this recently.
I'm just glad Nibiru orbits our mental space every year or so instead of the hypothesized 3600 years. Something about the idea is really fun to me.
Here is the New York Times article from 1987 of about planet X. Link
Here is from 1984 where they said they had captured a heat signature on IRAS at about 50 billion miles from earth. This second link speaks to the
supposed periodic mass extinction events at 26-28 million years apart for the last 250 million years. The evidence pointing to meteorite impacts at
those times according to paleontologists. Link
I think they later said they were wrong and it was really something in another galaxy they caught on the satellite. This is all slightly fuzzy in my
Here is my last point though for anyone. Read the Title. Really read it... It basically reads "scientific things that made people believe in planet
X." I think some people might be reading "scientific proof Nibiru is coming."
edit on 16-11-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason
I remember sitting in my Social Studies class in the 4th grade and the teacher pulling out a news paper, with the bold headlines stating the discovery
of the 10th planet they dubbed planet X, the X was supposed to represent the Roman numeral 10 for the 10th planet. Then, I heard nothing else about it
until many years later.
The Above Top Secret Web site is a wholly owned social content community of AboveTopSecret.com.
This content community relies on user-generated content from our member contributors. The opinions of our members are not those of site ownership who maintains strict editorial agnosticism and simply provides a collaborative venue for free expression.