It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The inroad path of dreams.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I've always been intrigued and curious about the dream world that we enter every night in sleep. Is it real or is it simply a clever construct of our over active minds?? As of late (like the last two yrs or so) my dreams have started becoming something akin to a hollywood production. From horror movie type to matrix style dreams. The main thing is I'm starting to notice that I am pulling people from my past and present into these dreams. One person in particular has haunted my dreams for the better part of ten yrs now. They were always in their own little particular dream set. By that I mean they stayed in an atmosphere that was similar to their real world counterpart. Never any where else. Now I find they are are showing up in all area's of my dreamscape and interacting with people in my present world that are starting to be pulled into my dreams. I know most people will say that it's simply your sub conscious mind dealing with some sort of trauma, etc,etc

I can't say that I really buy that explanation. To me the dream world seems like something much more, almost a stand alone reality if you will. Is there really any way to deconstruct your dreams to find out what exactly is going on and why it happens the way it does?? Has anyone else ever experienced similar situations?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: w810i
I've always been intrigued and curious about the dream world that we enter every night in sleep. Is it real or is it simply a clever construct of our over active minds?? As of late (like the last two yrs or so) my dreams have started becoming something akin to a hollywood production. From horror movie type to matrix style dreams. The main thing is I'm starting to notice that I am pulling people from my past and present into these dreams. One person in particular has haunted my dreams for the better part of ten yrs now. They were always in their own little particular dream set. By that I mean they stayed in an atmosphere that was similar to their real world counterpart. Never any where else. Now I find they are are showing up in all area's of my dreamscape and interacting with people in my present world that are starting to be pulled into my dreams. I know most people will say that it's simply your sub conscious mind dealing with some sort of trauma, etc,etc

I can't say that I really buy that explanation. To me the dream world seems like something much more, almost a stand alone reality if you will. Is there really any way to deconstruct your dreams to find out what exactly is going on and why it happens the way it does?? Has anyone else ever experienced similar situations?

My dreams have manifested themselves into our present reality. Not all of them do, but the recurring ones have made me think twice.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: w810i

Is there really any way to deconstruct your dreams to find out what exactly is going on and why it happens the way it does?? Has anyone else ever experienced similar situations?

Have you been keeping a dream journal? Put a notebook, a pen and a flashlight next to your bed to keep notes. You have to write down the details quickly upon waking up from the dream. Don't move your body around too much as you come out of sleep... spend a few moments recalling details and write them down. Getting into the habit of doing this will help your general dream recall -- it will improve -- over time.

Deconstruct the dreams from your own notes : not only your actions or the action of other persons, but places, things, ideas, thoughts and feelings, too. You have to write down as much as you can as fast as you can before the details fade away.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Is it real or is it simply a clever construct of our over active minds?? As of late (like the last two yrs or so) my dreams have started becoming something akin to a hollywood production. From horror movie type to matrix style dreams.

Dreamworld is real - in the sense (and to the extent) that your brain believes it. Do you have (full or partial) lucidity? Can you fly? With a small amount of lucidity you can direct the dream... allowing you to partly deconstruct the dream whilst you are still in it, before waking up. Some details will always remain abstractions to you and never be figured out they are just abstractions. That's why 'your feelings' are important in dreams as they are in real life.

If going to sleep agitated, dreamworld can be agitated, too. Had a great day? Mediocre day? Dreamworld knows what kind of day you had! So I conclude that it is real and a clever construct
See how I avoided that question?

In dreams you sometimes want to avoid the question but you want the answer which won't come because your mind is shooting all those abstractions at you. So start asking questions in the dream and practice listening in the dream which will help bring out more of the details which will help to deconstruct what is going on. If note taking is the prescription, dreaming more often is the cure.

I've had some recurring 'mystery' dreams that I still haven't solved and I have no clue how to. Dreamworld has complexity just as real life - that is another connection between the two. The complexity that is a wonderful tool for creative problem solving in the real world. I do not think of dreams as external constructs because dreams are non-material, our bodies don't go anywhere, only the mind moves. Our waking memory remembers dreamworld so it meets the criteria of the real.

People who have disturbed dreams may also be experiencing a disturbed life... yet another connection between the reality and Dreamworld. If a dreamworld is real enough to disturb your emotions while awake then it is real

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I generally have a good recall of my dreams. The last truly strange encompassed numerous people around 30+, with I would say a good 20 of those people being people from my present, 8 or 9 that I didn't know and the one person who is always lurking in my dreams. We all found ourselves in this massive stone and wood compound. For some reason every one started flying matrix style through the air destroying it. crashing through stone walls and such. I am aware that I
m in the dream world but control as such is still out of my reach.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

all which you have said about dream reality is true...
dreams have a foundation of personal experience, sometimes introducing bizarre situations /or freaky persons to our inner mindscape...

but I have found that dream symbolic 'language' is our 'deep conscious' communicating with our Id/Ego/sub-conscious areas of the brain which also retain memories...and that most dreams are symbolic language which deals mostly with our waking reality, health & well-being of our bodies...(and it is really beneficial to decipher these dreams, which can reveal future health related problems at some stage of development going on in our innards)

so in a sense 'dreams' are essential self preservation/adaptation tools & not just frivolous brain neurons firing off a Alice-in-Wonderland screen play at night, just in case a cave bear saunters into our cave at night time...so that we are immediately alert !

edit on th30141614098216292014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

I am speaking mostly about repeating or recurring dreams being body-health centered
the dreams having to do with your actions/reactions to dream recreations of waking life social/literal/political situations are probably your mind running various response 'Models' to 'see' what the outcome might be
edit on th30141614144516372014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

If you have a well-developed mind and imagination, then your dream world is a place that you can visit actively - think of it as such, and you can "dive" into it whenever you want to, and, you can even start to "build" things in your dreams, and explore the contents of your mind and subconsciousness.

My "Dream World" is massive, and when I am there, I feel a content sense of "exploration" like I can wander about forever.

There are multitudes of planets in my dreams, and there are many "inhabitants" that recognise me - as if they are all my old friends or that I am many individuals rolled into one.

It might sound far-fetched, however, I think I have created a mini-universe, because, there are even galaxies in my dream world...

I hope this does not dishearten anybody whom does not have such "wealth" - however, we all had to start off somewhere, at our most basic levels of development, I guess some of us just keep on growing and expanding, becoming rich and complex, whilst others remain in their vegetative states, absorbed in the external and not the internal.
edit on 16-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I am speaking mostly about repeating or recurring dreams being body-health centered
the dreams having to do with your actions/reactions to dream recreations of waking life social/literal/political situations are probably your mind running various response 'Models' to 'see' what the outcome might be

running various response 'Models'. But there are plenty of different schools of thought on dreaming. I think the dreamer bears the ultimate burden of deconstructing their own dreams.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I generally have a good recall of my dreams. The last truly strange encompassed numerous people around 30+, with I would say a good 20 of those people being people from my present, 8 or 9 that I didn't know and the one person who is always lurking in my dreams. We all found ourselves in this massive stone and wood compound. For some reason every one started flying matrix style through the air destroying it. crashing through stone walls and such. I am aware that I
m in the dream world but control as such is still out of my reach.

The OP has to go forward with further dream exploration. Howard Carter made drawings of his explorations of the Egyptian tombs. All the important explorers kept diaries and made maps - so the avid dreamer should emulate them doing that.

I would be interested to know if you can draw a map of the "massive stone and wood compound." That will be a good test of your general recall.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Well unfortunately I cannot draw to save my life anymore. All I can really say is it was unlike anything I've ever seen in the waking world. There is nothing like it in the area in which I live. So I really have no idea how to "deconstruct" this considering the entire premise makes zero sense.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Is there really any way to deconstruct your dreams to find out what exactly is going on and why it happens the way it does?? Has anyone else ever experienced similar situations?

You should start attempting to write down your dreams and find something similar that is occurring in all of them or at least some of them. Any type of pattern that emerges can be used to help meditate on before sleep. And what I mean by meditating on it is the old lucid dreaming trick where you write the word describing the image you saw repeated, for example a bunny rabbit. Write it five times and focus on it before falling asleep. As your mind goes into the dream world your focus on said thing [the bunny rabbit] will remind you of the pattern connecting you in the dream into a more lucid state. If all works accordingly you should be capable of being more yourself, and in the instance of coping with the more horrifying type of dreams, you will be able to stand up for yourself. These types of dreams can get us stuck in a perspective that once held us back. Maybe it was allowing ourselves to get bullied when in retrospect we were young and naive to think we could win the fight. Now you have learned that you're capable of defending yourself and able to keep someone from walking all over you.

I would also suggest drawing or writing. Anything from abstract to defining pictures that stand out in your dreams. I would think that being more abstract would help you see how you're emotionally feeling in the long run whilst allowing you to open up and be creative. Good luck, friend.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tinkortwim

Happened to me too-one particular disturbing dream that left me with a bad feeling,closely resembled a situation that lasted for weeks,in that most of the elements in that dream were present in the real-life situation.Especially one specific part of the dream sequence,which is not something one would ordinarily expect to experience.

Also,in many dreams i've had-i went to places/worlds that seem familiar to me-i know certain parts of the city,the shops etc.When i've woken from those dreams,i have felt a measure of sadness,almost,a tug at the heart,like an intangible connection,as if i belong there too.Or belong there more than here.I've encountered a man dressed in black,for whom i've felt great reverence and respect,one of 4/5 men dressed in black suits-but the man addressing me is who stands out-as if i Know him,or at least who he is and what he stands for/represents.Affection,too,though not of the romantic kind,more paternalistic,i guess.Unforgettable-and as weird as it sounds-i often think of him still-to say i miss him would be an overstatement,but again,that slight tug at the heart,a desire to encounter him again.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: highlyoriginal

As for as constants there is one person that has haunted my dreams since 06. Occasionally I have dead loved ones who pop up and then go on there way. I tend to think they are just checking up on me.

top topics

join