It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened When She Questioned Obamacare on the Air at CNBC?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Fox Business Network anchor Melissa Francis revealed on Friday that she was “silenced” by CNBC, her former employer, when she questioned the “math of Obamacare” on the air.

After slamming Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber’s comments about the “stupidity” of Americans, Francis told the story of what happened when she started asking questions about the health care law early-on.

“It’s shocking, but it actually doesn't surprise me because when I was at CNBC, I pointed out to my viewers that the math of Obamacare simply didn’t work. Not the politics by the way. But just the basic math. And when I did that, I was silenced,” Francis said.

A short video and article on Melissa Francis and how when she worked for CNBC she was silenced by network executives for questioning Obamacare and was told she was 'disrespecting the office of the President'. It's worth a watch and you can tell from her demeanor that what happened at CNBC still angers her.

“I said on the air that you couldn’t add millions of people to the system and force insurance companies to cover their pre-existing conditions without raising the price on everyone else,” she continued. “I pointed out that it couldn’t possibly be true that if you like your plan, you can keep it. That was a lie. And in fact, millions of people had their plans canceled.”

After making the comments, Francis said she was called into a meeting by management and told he was “disrespecting the office of the president.”

Source w/Video

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

He is a weakling president and his worshippers hate anyone that exposes him and his admin for the liars that they are.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
For starters, let's stop calling it Obamacare. This sham was obviously an insurance industry thing. I logged on only to find out it would cost $250/month for NOTHING. The penalty is only $350 for now. The insurance companies are laughing all the way to the bank. Money for nothing.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I was only able to watch part of the video, but I didn't hear her say that she was silenced....only that she was told she was "disrespecting the office of the president". Do you have a time on the video in which she says that?

Also, perhaps the reason the other networks have not covered the Gruber issue is because it's a non-issue. He was not an architect of Obamacare. He was a consultant.

This entire Gruber issue is just another propaganda ploy by the right to blow things out of proportion after Pelosi's little deflection at the press conference.

Side note: It's hilarious that this news woman took the opportunity to say that Fox News is the only station keeping people informed.....yet Fox News is known for slinging lies and misinformation. They are the greasy spoon of news entertainment.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The press love to view themselves as the '4th branch of government'. They are just a branch of a political party.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well I am happy to say that many here on ATS were doing the math back then and were not part of the "stupid american" condition. lol

In truth, this guy Gruber flatters himself that he is some sort of master trickster. Not a single republican in the house voted for this crap. Gruber should understand that they were just able to cram it through and only fooled the stupid democrats that voted for it.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The press love to view themselves as the '4th branch of government'. They are just a branch of a political party.

Therein lies the rub...who owns the media?
You might be surprised that so many shares are held by so few.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It's the responsibility for journalists to question government policies. Our founding fathers expected a free press to be a watch dog for the people and expose corruption in government. If this is happening in main stream media, than it clearly shows that our government is controlling the press. I'm surprised more news reporters are not outraged at not being able to freely express their opinions. The U.S. is slowly losing its democracy and freedoms. This is just one example of many.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well I am happy to say that many here on ATS were doing the math back then and were not part of the "stupid american" condition. lol

In truth, this guy Gruber flatters himself that he is some sort of master trickster. Not a single republican in the house voted for this crap. Gruber should understand that they were just able to cram it through and only fooled the stupid democrats that voted for it.

What's really funny is how stupid people are to think that the Republicans didn't support this. They did as it was a Republican creation initially created by the Heritage Foundation and implemented by Romney in Mass.

The only reason they didn;t vote for it is because the Democrats tried to pass it..and did. Don't think for a second that this wouldn't have been voted for unanimously by the Republicans if it was their bill. And then all the Republican sheeple would support it....because not once was the math of it all a concern. It was about who got credit for it's passing congress.
edit on 11/15/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the republican win was laid out ahead of time by Obama.

Seems like it's part of the plan. Now the republicans are going to do whatever they want and what? Are we going to be begging for a republican president or what? Then in eight years a co plate reversal and a new economic downswing to consolidate all the new industries that prop of from legalization which the republicans will be in favor and all of the money from oil industry related companies? How about solar tech and cold fusion? Then again same pattern over and over again.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

After making the comments, Francis said she was called into a meeting by management and told he was “disrespecting the office of the president.”

It was for her protection as well as theirs.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I always wondered why Republicans didn't pass this before?

They had the perfect opportunity to place it into the Patriot Act.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

So now fox is all of a sudden credible with this story? Both news sites do a great job dividing this country along with MSNBC..they are all dividists...yes not a real word but fitting

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Uh...they did pass it.
Weren't enough demmycrats to pass it.
So some of your ilk voted for it...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well, perhaps a healthcare plan included in the PA would have jeopardized the push to take more of our freedoms away. The PA has done more harm to this country than Obamacare ever will.

originally posted by: chrismarco

So now fox is all of a sudden credible with this story? Both news sites do a great job dividing this country along with MSNBC..they are all dividists...yes not a real word but fitting

I didn't say they were credible. Actually, I implied the opposite. Also, I agree that MSNBC and the rest are biased, but Fox News is on a different level of propaganda than any other. Or a higher level of stupid, if you will.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I am not sure why you consider this a political issue. A bad bill is a bad bill and the fact that she was not allowed to question it because it might hurt Obama's feelings makes me angry. It should make anyone angry.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Oh, that was 'disrespectful to the office' ????

How is that any different than TPTB being disrespectful to the American people by lying about ACA to begin with?!

Respect is a 2 way street people

edit on 15-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I was only able to watch part of the video, but I didn't hear her say that she was silenced....only that she was told she was "disrespecting the office of the president". Do you have a time on the video in which she says that?

1)

She uses the term "quieted". It is around 2:50 in. Start at 2:45 to be sure to catch it.

2)
The graphics says it. It is her own show and she does not contest the graphics , so it is fair to say that they count as her own words.

3)
1:45 in she says that the Fox Business Network "is the only network that is not complicit in the campaign to keep the viewers in the dark". If that is true it follows that CNBC did indeed silence critique.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

She was allowed to question it, but some unknown "management" said it was disrespectful to the office. Can we even believe her? Did it even happen at all....or was this an attempt to make this political by making the statement that this anti-obama talk is only allowed on Foxnews?

Also, was this a ploy to give credibility to their opinion on the Gruber issue? Which I mentioned before they are being disingenuous about. He was not an architect of the ACA, he was a consultant. He was also a consultant to Romney under his plan.

So that fact right there makes it political. Fox used her little story in an attempt to give the channel more credibility and anyone with a lick of sense can see right through this BS.

What's even more funny is that Gruber was used against Romney by the Obama camp. This just goes to show that the Right are just as gullible as the Left.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Can you prove where the story is NOT true?

Whether you like the source or not , doesnt mean the information is false........

The trick to the whole truth thing, is to remain objective through our own biases

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join