It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia outlaws ‘tempting eyes’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9
I'm curious to learn which other major religions force their women to cover their faces? I'm personally not aware of any aside from Islam so it would appear that the posters one word reply has merit of sort.
...the only women I see with covered faces due to religious instruction are Muslim - which bit of that would you disagree with?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: nukedog
Laugh all you want but it's a serious safety concern.

Like women who dress provocatively are asking to be raped.

What really need to happen is ---- Laws making men responsible for their own behavior.

What laws would you suggest?

That are "missing" that is.

I am almost 70.

Women in America were not protected from sexual harassment, until fairly recent laws were made.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You see... this is the sort of thing which 'bugs' me about this 'Religion'. It's the 'sharia' which i don't want in my Country!

Why are the Men so scared to let the 'Women' be free?

There's plenty they don't want 'Muslim' women to know or think (for that matter), they want to keep them inside their 'Box' so to speak.

I personally don't like the 'Hijab' or 'Burqa' but I do see a Beauty underneath all that garb!

If only the Women could be 'Free' than they could see what the rest of us do and maybe I'd even date one.

Not a fan of this but then again, do I need to get out the picture of George Bush, Jr. Holding hands with Prince Bandar?
The evil that is the Saudi regime disguises itself in religion, but it is about control. They behead more people than any extremist organization. But look who holds hands with them? Not to mention the torture...

Then again, Bush Junior killed a lot of people when he was the governor of Texas...so maybe it's a fetish thing.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Lunatics

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
All fascist or theocracy nations should be dismantled by world police force. No bombing, ooops there goes the hospital. Just use the top space age equipment and get a move on!

And any politician or royal or banker with ties to these illegal villians need to be arrested, and thoroughly investigated to see if any of their "activities" has led to the enslavement and oppression and torture and murder and abuse of any person on earth.

That is how I would handle it.

Any other way of handling it is illegal and crimes against humanity, humanity being , all the people on earth. Not divided into groups of handlers, some criminal abusers and some not, that we call nations.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

just gonna call hoax. we all know the war on women only happens in the US, according to the politicians.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

My first couple of jobs out there in the world were during those days when women could still be fired and harassed for not putting out. I lost a job for having slapped the face of a big fat, cigar smoking jerk when he assaulted me in his office.

While women do have some recourse when it comes to such things we still must contend with lower pay, having to pay more than men for a variety of services and products, and then there is that looming, ever constant reminder that we are not fit as spiritual leaders. Most every religion sticks to that old paradigm that women were created as a second thought, one that would benefit men.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008
a reply to: Annee

My first couple of jobs out there in the world were during those days when women could still be fired and harassed for not putting out. I lost a job for having slapped the face of a big fat, cigar smoking jerk when he assaulted me in his office.

While women do have some recourse when it comes to such things we still must contend with lower pay, having to pay more than men for a variety of services and products, and then there is that looming, ever constant reminder that we are not fit as spiritual leaders. Most every religion sticks to that old paradigm that women were created as a second thought, one that would benefit men.

Oh, I know it!

The "casting couch" is no myth.

While America still does not have gender equality, at least we can fight for it. And that was not always the case --- here in America.

The lamest excuse ever: "Man is a natural sexual predator. Laws against this are unnatural".

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: nukedog

Laugh all you want but it's a serious safety concern.

Like women who dress provocatively are asking to be raped.

What really need to happen is ---- Laws making men responsible for their own behavior.

What laws would you suggest?

That are "missing" that is.

I am almost 70.

Women in America were not protected from sexual harassment, until fairly recent laws were made.

it is another form of sexual harrassment to turn men on and then force him off. it works both ways. if by nature men want you and you partially open the door to them by revealing yourself then you are harrassing men. it works both ways when we say we want to be ourselves.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Appalling! We should bomb them! Or sanction them! Or how about we mind our own business and let them run their country how they see fit?

If the women of Saudi Arabia don't like it they can always move to New York where they can walk around naked and have abortions until their wittle hearts are content.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Because it as easy as 1, 2, 3 for a Saudi Arabian woman to just up and take the earliest flight to NYC, huh? Seriously, think about that for a moment... Women can't even drive over there.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Appalling! We should bomb them! Or sanction them! Or how about we mind our own business and let them run their country how they see fit?

If the women of Saudi Arabia don't like it they can always move to New York where they can walk around naked and have abortions until their wittle hearts are content.

No. We have to "democrafy," them. That's a word right? Pretty sure W. said it.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You know how bad it is when you wear a black T Shirt when it turns out to be a real scorcher?
Imagine how much worse it is for the girls of Saudi who are forced to wear a full body covering black burkha in the desert heat 24/7...
Not to mention the myriad of other ways girls are horribly abused there.
Its just plain cruelty by the Saudi regime,and this "tempting eyes"bullsheet proves they only want to oppress females.

We in the west are guilty of maintaining this system of cruelty by the way we have dealt with Saudi Arabia for decades,and I think it is damned shameful.

Why no sanctions on them for crucifictions/stonings/beheadings?

OIL tell you why...

I am just surprised the Saudi youth have not risen up-Guys as well-I mean I would hate to see my sister or Mum treated in the way girls are treated in Saudi,and I would try to fight for them to be free.

Wake up Saudis,you are enslaved.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone SynapseI am just surprised the Saudi youth have not risen up-Guys as well-I mean I would hate to see my sister or Mum treated in the way girls are treated in Saudi,and I would try to fight for them to be free.

I'm not surprised.
As any child they are brainwashed by cultural upbringing. One so brainwashed would consider themselves to be better than their sisters quite comfortably, especially when their particular interpreted flavour of Islam tells them it is the right path.
Poor brainwashed savages in my opinion but hey what do I know, I don't believe in any gods.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

I am just surprised the Saudi youth have not risen up-Guys as well-I mean I would hate to see my sister or Mum treated in the way girls are treated in Saudi,and I would try to fight for them to be free.

Wake up Saudis,you are enslaved.

In Egypt groups of young men are doing just that.

They hang out in small groups, and attack men who harass women.

Women have to stand up and fight their fight, but they really can not do it alone. Especially, in religious suppressive governments.

The history of women's rights in America is pretty brutal itself. It should not be taken for granted.

PATROLS HELP PROTECT EGYPTION WOMEN: trouble with link, but I tried.
edit on 15-11-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I think I've seen the 'photos' and yes, it does seem strange that we deal with these people... shouldn't they get the same treatment as NK? Maybe then, things will change but on the other hand, things could get worse and we wouldn't know about it. I don't know, maybe it being out in public and Worldwide will help their cause and plight.

What happens on the Beaches in Saudi? When Westerners go on Holiday there, do they wear Bikinis? How can you lay out in the hot sun with a 'Burqa' on?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We should let all of the attractive people they are offended by come over here.
Soon it will be a nation filled with nothing but mad ogres.
"Come to Saudi Arabia. A wonderful land where it is impossible to be turned on!"

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
We should let all of the attractive people they are offended by come over here.
Soon it will be a nation filled with nothing but mad ogres.
"Come to Saudi Arabia. A wonderful land where it is impossible to be turned on!"

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
What happens on the Beaches in Saudi? When Westerners go on Holiday there, do they wear Bikinis? How can you lay out in the hot sun with a 'Burqa' on?

Tourists can wear bikini's and shorts on privately owned/run beaches. Regular Saudi's are not allowed on privately owned/run beaches.
The Saudi government still appreciates the tourist money enough to ignore religious rules at specific geographical locations.
Classic hypocrisy of religion.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

People I know who worked there said its a total bribery culture-you can get past any law with the right bribes(men only,of course)-you gotta bribe to smoke tobacco sometimes,and if cops smell booze on your breath,bribe.
If you are super rich over there,you bribe the family enough,you can literally get away with anything.
Corporate takeover with murder?NO problem.
Serial killer but rich?NO problem.

The idea of them being devout is BS-its all about the money and power and the evil.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join