It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents of slain Missouri teen return home after U.N. testimony

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"We were able to let the United Nations know that in the United States we were being treated unfairly and just basically expose that something should be done because this is not a year or two years, this is hundreds of years," McSpadden said. "I hate what happened to my son but it must stop with my son."

Michael Browns parents have returned after their visit to the U.N.
Just awaiting the verdict now I guess.

The suburban St. Louis school district of Hazelwood, Missouri, told parents it would dismiss students early if the grand jury report comes on a school day and said prosecutors had promised to provide the district at least three hours' notice if the decision comes on a weekday, with 24 hours' notice if it is made on a weekend.

edit on 11/15/2014 by TheSilverGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

Seems like a waiste of time and money to whine to the UN, what the hell did that acomplish? The UN can't do squat about what happens here.

And the media/officials sure seem to be amping up how bad it's goong to get, almost to the point that they want the Country to go Ape snip crazy.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The best option for black people is when the opportunity comes to unite, they should take it and separate themselves from america. That's the only way,
And they aready had UN people in Ferguson while it was going on, so it's not like didn't know.
edit on NovX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Things must be getting real bad if an American citizen has to go the the U.N. to address their grievances.
edit on 15-11-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Of all of the stuff that is going on in the world, the loss of life for this young man seems to take precedent for the time being. Even if we were to confine a police shooting in the US to where the situation, shown by video, clearly details that a person was gunned down by a hail of police bullets, this story where the facts tend to not support the claims of the parents and others, we surely must stand in awe at how this affair has gotten the inappropriate attention of the UN that has little business hearing or dealing with an unsettled, individual case.

I would be very curious to learn exactly how and who pulled the strings for this almost magical, publicity stunt to have occurred. After all, the preliminaries of the matter are yet unsettled.

edit on 15-11-2014 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This has all the basic ingredients to get everyone's attention; civil unrest, racism, militarized police, a dash of blue hat bogeymen, and now a hint at epic rioting in the near future. Who payed for that trip?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000

The best option for black people is when the opportunity comes to unite, they should take it and separate themselves from america. That's the only way,
And they aready had UN people in Ferguson while it was going on, so it's not like didn't know.

en.wikipedia.org...

Liberia is the only country in Africa founded by United States colonization while occupied by native Africans. Beginning in 1820, the region was colonized by African Americans, most of whom were freed slaves. The colonists established a new country with the help of the American Colonization Society, a private organization whose leaders thought former slaves would have greater opportunity in Africa. African captives freed from slave ships by the British and Americans were sent there instead of being repatriated to their countries of origin.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I would be very curious to learn exactly how and who pulled the strings for this almost magical, publicity stunt to have occurred. After all, the preliminaries of the matter are yet unsettled.

Lets see, maybe the Divider in Chief, and Holder, and a little inspiration from the original race baiters Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton? They are all quick draws with the race card.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000

Not a bad idea at all. Like an Israel for African Americans. Imagine what could be accomplished by removing all anti-black racism from the lives of blacks. Now, where to put it?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Grandstanding.... Period.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Want to know what it did? It made sure that the officer, be he guilty or innocent, be able to walk away.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Is this the start of more UN involvement being pushed by Obama? See what comments come out after their decision.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
Is this the start of more UN involvement being pushed by Obama? See what comments come out after their decision.

This is my concern too. But I think it will end up to help the Muslims. Obama doesn't seemed to concerned with the African Americans.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

We're talking something New here.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wonder if his mother brought up the fact he had just shook down a minority business owner for some cigars?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9
The UN is currently demanding that we turn over our records on torture to them.The UN gets to dictate to other countries what they can and can't do,so why should we be any different? I AM against the UN having a say in our domestic affairs like all the other countries out there are. I think they UN SHOULD have a say in foreign affairs though.Like they need to ban NGO's from operating in other countries.That no country should be able to dictate to another one what form of government to have.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I think domestic affairs should also be subject to some influence by the UN. in order to both show the US isn't full of Hypocrites , and to set guidelines for future developments. (encouraging renewable energy... etc.)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Do you agree with agenda 21?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
I wonder if his mother brought up the fact he had just shook down a minority business owner for some cigars?

They all refuse to acknowledge that the guy was cruising for a bruising. They are absolutely okay with that behavior.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

eh, Agenda 21 seems like Neo-Lib nonsense...

if I had to compare it to immediate alternatives (ones that are politically possible) I'd say it's pretty good as long as the rest of the world follows it. (australia, canada, europe)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join