It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Endless River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
So now that it has been out for a week what are the thoughts of the Pink Floyd fans?

If you are a Gilmour era Pink Floyd fan and you enjoyed The Division Bell (which I did) then you will love this mostly instrumental album. Their is only 1 song with full vocals , Louder Then Words, while everything else is instrumental.

For me Pink Floyd have been one of those bands that within a few notes you can tell it's an album of theirs and I think this follows the same path. Is it as good as Animals, The Wall, Dark Side or other Roger Waters era ...no but it doesn't try to be .

What I know is it's great to just put your headphones on, turn it up and zone out...How many times has that been said about a Pink Floyd album over the past 35 -40 years.. =)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I agree with everything you say. For me it's just my personal preference. I don't really like the album because it is mostly instrumental. Maybe it will grow on me. Maybe if i'm in the proper mood next time I give it a listen.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
So now that it has been out for a week what are the thoughts of the Pink Floyd fans?

If you are a Gilmour era Pink Floyd fan and you enjoyed The Division Bell (which I did) then you will love this mostly instrumental album. Their is only 1 song with full vocals , Louder Then Words, while everything else is instrumental.

For me Pink Floyd have been one of those bands that within a few notes you can tell it's an album of theirs and I think this follows the same path. Is it as good as Animals, The Wall, Dark Side or other Roger Waters era ...no but it doesn't try to be .

What I know is it's great to just put your headphones on, turn it up and zone out...How many times has that been said about a Pink Floyd album over the past 35 -40 years.. =)

Bought the new foo for the gf instead (she's a big dave grohl fan).
As for Floyd, I like the weird stuff. Saucerfull of Secrets, Meddle, etc. Never was into the Division Bell. I'm stupid and bought the new old Bowie greatest hits. Hard to believe he's been at this for fifty years. He had some turds but somehow has remained relevant with good new material unlike most of his contemporaries.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Funny thing, I used the endless river analogy to describe music years ago.....(after a psychedelic experience...)
I am gratified that somebody else has even had the same vision.....I gotta get the album now......
Thanks...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Funny thing, I used the endless river analogy to describe music years ago.....(after a psychedelic experience...)
I am gratified that somebody else has even had the same vision.....I gotta get the album now......
Thanks...

I dont get it.
the analogy. How can one perceive a river as being endless when it flows and you can't see both it's origin point or where it stops flowing?
Maybe I should graduate from vcr head cleaner to the big league.
(That was a joke)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First you have to understand that everything is vibration of sorts....
And then you can see that all the music that's ever been made just keeps flowing around the world like a river.....
and every song or note that's added keeps it fresh and different...constantly changing and eveolving of itself as it flows eternally through the atmosphere.....and endless river.....
so there nya,

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I get that. Much respect and Love...
A musician friend of mine once told me we are all music. Our hearts beat a distinct rhythm. The planets and stars even count time and emit sounds. We are living in a symphonic universe. One river just doesn't cut it.

top topics

join