It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Bourdain Finally Visits Iran (and this is what he found)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I met some Iranians that had just left Iran this year, they were extremely nice polite happy people.
But they left Iran for a reason.
Their English was pretty good too.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: OneManArmy

a reply to: eisegesis

Oh look, they are just the same as us.

Who would have thunk it eh?

/sarcasm.

Stop! how dare you think illegal thoughts contrary to the anti-Iran warmongering. We ALL know that it is fact that Iran is the evilest threat on Earth, all of them are hideous terrorists, that we need to attack them with our holy allies Israel at our side, and that it is our Jesus-given duty to remove that government. How do you like those apples libtard?

Woah, way to jump to conclusions bud. The sarcasm was "who would have thunk it?".
I take offence at the association with "libtardism".
Im not dumb enough to pick any side in the red vs blue theater deception thats paraded as "choice".
No matter who you vote for the government wins.
And besides I went to college with an Iranian guy, and he was just like me. Only he had a better sense of humour.

Woah, lol! Did you not get that I was being sarcastic or satirical?

I thought it was sarcastic right up till you asked a libtard for their opinion on apples, then I just wasnt sure.
Serious accusations call for serious responses, lol.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wait.... So.... You're saying they're.... LIKE US?!

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Double post*
edit on 17-11-2014 by Gh0stwalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

/sarcasm.

Stop! how dare you think illegal thoughts contrary to the anti-Iran warmongering. We ALL know that it is fact that Iran is the evilest threat on Earth, all of them are hideous terrorists, that we need to attack them with our holy allies Israel at our side, and that it is our Jesus-given duty to remove that government. How do you like those apples libtard?

Woah, way to jump to conclusions bud. The sarcasm was "who would have thunk it?".
Im not dumb enough to pick any side in the red vs blue theater deception thats paraded as "choice".
And besides I went to college with an Iranian guy, and he was just like me. Only he had a better sense of humour.

I thought it was sarcastic right up till you asked a libtard for their opinion on apples, then I just wasnt sure.

It had to be taken as a whole. My whole quote was ridiculous. But I put the icing on the cake with "how do you like them apples libtard?" Because people actually talk like that. I was subtly mocking them.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

/sarcasm.

It had to be taken as a whole. My whole quote was ridiculous. But I put the icing on the cake with "how do you like them apples libtard?" Because people actually talk like that. I was subtly mocking them.

I know, thats what is truly sad.

People immerse themselves in the political bullsh*t like it has any basis in reality.

"Im free because I get to vote every 5 years on which criminal gang will lead my country for the next 5 years"

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

/sarcasm.

I know, thats what is truly sad.

People immerse themselves in the political bullsh*t like it has any basis in reality.

"Im free because I get to vote every 5 years on which criminal gang will lead my country for the next 5 years"

Yeah, that is a fair point.

And by my comment I didn't mean to imply that there aren't people on both sides of the aisle who are deluded. There are also blind liberals.

I am starting to come to the viewpoint you are talking about, that both parties are corrupt, at least at the elite levels. Obviously rank and file people for the most part just don't know what is really going on.

We need a viable third party AND a change from the "winner takes all" system we have to a proportional representation system, wherein whatever proportion of the vote a party gets, that is how much representation they get. This is far more just and allows for balance from smaller parties.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So a famous chef with his camera crew visit a country and are treated warmly. Why would anyone think differently? Dennis Rodman had a jolly time in North korea.
I have no idea what iran is like for those that live there and have never claimed to know, but showing how a vip is treated there does not show what it's like either.
This is just like Michael Moore and his anti gun movie. He shows up in a supposedly bad neighborhood with his camera crew in broad daylight and says he feels safe. I want him to walk alone at midnight in the same place to see how he feels then.

Considering it took him 4 years to get approval and the very fact it did take him 4 years to get approval suggests that this was a directed trip and he was permitted to only visit those who were deemed appropriate by the government there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join