It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anthony Bourdain Finally Visits Iran (and this is what he found)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

he's a* smart man haha

yeah i don't even want to know if they have a version of Montezuma's revenge. Better safe than sorry, eh!
edit on 16-11-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Ummm...Well...they probably did throw some veggies at him.........along with some kabob and lamb...possibly a goat shank or two....................right...?

I love Bourdain, he's so damned irreverent...........wait.....that's only toward Western culture.
I did like that episode where he was in some "istan" and calmly partook...That was pretty cool...

I have to agree with you though.....Gotta love..."The Zimminator".

YouSir

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
hello!!!...did anyone see the ENTIRE SHOW?.....at the end of it, they came on, and in a brief statement, said that both the man and the woman in the video were arrested a few weeks later and haven't been heard from....lesson is...don't criticize the government or you will be arrested.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: MysterX

Don't you watch Shahs of sunset?

America has the largest population of Iranians outside of Iran in the world, mostly in California.

OMG --- ridiculous guilty pleasure. Seriously

Haven't decided which girls are more over the top. Them or the American Gypsies.

lol I hear ya

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I heard Libya was a good place for it's population before it was ahh... ahhhh... ahhhh. Liberated ?

Yeah, you probably heard about via Gadhafi's total control of the media and his rather busy PR department that attempted to maintain a sparking reputation. No mention of the human rights abuses by his security forces to keep the population compliant and subdued. No mention of the suppression of civil liberties and political rights.

Yes, Libya was "good" if your baseline is a dictatorship.

Regards
edit on 16/11/2014 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
hello!!!...did anyone see the ENTIRE SHOW?.....at the end of it, they came on, and in a brief statement, said that both the man and the woman in the video were arrested a few weeks later and haven't been heard from....lesson is...don't criticize the government or you will be arrested.

OH, no I didn't

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
In the mid-seventies, my aunt (who was a beautiful and adventurous alcoholic) lived in Iran for a couple of years, (until the Shah was overthrown and Americans needed to leave immediately). She went with some lover of hers or another, and got a job there teaching English. At first, she wrote my mother saying she didn't think she would ever leave.

She loved the Iranians and they loved her, she said. They adored Americans, and tried to immolate every thing we did.

She discovered she could sell her Levi jeans to the ladies for $2,000 per pair, which she did. Even had her friends sending her theirs to sell for them. hehe.

Oh....... this is off-topic but I think it's kinda fun info. When she came home, she brought me one of those white things that go over your head, that the men wear, with one of those little circle-things that go over it. I played outside wearing it.

She also caught trichinosis there from a bad ham pizza.

I saw the Bourdain show too, it reminded me of the things my aunt told me about it. : )

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Oh look, they are just the same as us.

Who would have thunk it eh?

/sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Wait omg not all muslims are bad? And these people have the same hopes, fears and dreams as the rest of all humans? WTF!!!

That is the problem , they are not really Muslims lol. 90 percent of them are Persians at heart, some have been forced to convert to avoid a sword to the neck.. Big difference in culture and attitude. The government is however completely Islamic and nuts.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Well i suppose its like most religions...even some "Catholics" I know go to church once a year on xmas and maybe for easter mass...they barely know whats in the bible but declare themselves catholics or christians. Im sure its similar for many muslims...its the religion they were born into so they "follow" it but probably really don't give two #s like most religious people.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
my introduction to Iran was the graphic novel Persepolis and the movie/book Not Without My Daughter.

Despite being based in the dark period of history, the people were still portrayed wonderful. Maryam Satrapi did a wonderful job depicting the fanatic muslims from her friends and family.

My stepbrothers' uncle is also from Iran and he is the nicest person you could ever meet.

I would like to take a trip there before shtf.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I think this episode on Iran is from last season's "Parts Unknown" on CNN. I'm a Bourdain fan, despite the fact that he's very much a Left-leaning Liberal. Persian food is delicious (what I've had of it). Iran produces the best=tasting pistachio nuts in the world (soil? climate?).

I'm guessing your point is that Iranian people can be charming, and the people need to be separated from the extreme Islamic government.

Iran used to be a very progressive, Westernized country -- before the Shah was overthrown and an even more evil dictator was installed (1979), the Ayatollah Khomeini. Tragic for the Iranian people, especially the women.

edit on 16-11-2014 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I have no idea what iran is like for those that live there and have never claimed to know, but showing how a vip is treated there does not show what it's like either.

You just said you never claimed to know what its like so how would you know "what its like for vips, either"?

This is just like Michael Moore and his anti gun movie. He shows up in a supposedly bad neighborhood with his camera crew in broad daylight and says he feels safe. I want him to walk alone at midnight in the same place to see how he feels then.

Meaning what? Iran isn't "safe" after midnight?

Was Michael Moore in iran? No he was not.

Vips are treated different everywhere so why would iran be any different?

People on this website prolly can tell what it's like better than this clown.

Except, I have heard from several people who have actually traveled in Iran, people who are ordinary people, that it is an amazing country and not the way it is portrayed (and demonized) by the western media.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy

/sarcasm.

Stop! how dare you think illegal thoughts contrary to the anti-Iran warmongering. We ALL know that it is fact that Iran is the evilest threat on Earth, all of them are hideous terrorists, that we need to attack them with our holy allies Israel at our side, and that it is our Jesus-given duty to remove that government. How do you like those apples libtard?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Yes-imagine an average Joe going there without a film crew.

He would more than likely be kidnapped and beheaded by the oh so peaceful Iranians.

False, see that is part of the propaganda.

There are plenty of ordinary people who travel to Iran from around the world, every single year. They mostly say the place is amazing, has friendly people, and so on.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

/sarcasm.

Stop! how dare you think illegal thoughts contrary to the anti-Iran warmongering. We ALL know that it is fact that Iran is the evilest threat on Earth, all of them are hideous terrorists, that we need to attack them with our holy allies Israel at our side, and that it is our Jesus-given duty to remove that government. How do you like those apples libtard?

Woah, way to jump to conclusions bud. The sarcasm was "who would have thunk it?".
I take offence at the association with "libtardism".
Im not dumb enough to pick any side in the red vs blue theater deception thats paraded as "choice".
No matter who you vote for the government wins.
And besides I went to college with an Iranian guy, and he was just like me. Only he had a better sense of humour.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

/sarcasm.

Woah, way to jump to conclusions bud. The sarcasm was "who would have thunk it?".
I take offence at the association with "libtardism".
Im not dumb enough to pick any side in the red vs blue theater deception thats paraded as "choice".
No matter who you vote for the government wins.
And besides I went to college with an Iranian guy, and he was just like me. Only he had a better sense of humour.

Woah, lol! Did you not get that I was being sarcastic or satirical?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

I don't see anyone being bothered he is french, what are you talking about?.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

There is always a heavy amount of propaganda about any country that doesn't mimic, bow down to western foreign policy

having said that, Iran being the oppressive country that they are , why would they allow the freedom of expression such as hiphop and breaking

check it out

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Judge not a country by the dickheads that run it.

'Nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join