It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone use a crystal ball?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hi,

I have recently bought a crystal ball and was wondering if any of you have experience using one and don't mind sharing about it?

I have experience with gazing in nature and have already noticed similar effects with the crystal ball (probably helped by the reflective surface). Do you see images appearing in different parts of the ball, or is it one large image covering the whole ball? Are the images stationary or moving? Or do all these vary? Also does the ball go misty/cloudy with tiny sparkles of light turning into a blue space?

Thanks,

Aelf

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The crystal ball only allows you to see what Sauron wants you to see. Be careful.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Aelfrede

It is not like a computer screen.

Don't believe what you see on the TV. They do not work that way. They are used to focus the mind. What you manage to perceive will be in your mind's eye.

It is also useless to set up a video camera aimed at the ball.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Yeah I figured that! Thanks for your input

originally posted by: pheonix358

Don't believe what you see on the TV. They do not work that way. They are used to focus the mind. What you manage to perceive will be in your mind's eye.

P

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I gazed into a crystal ball once, just for the heck of it.
I am not the mystic type, it was pure curiosity.
It was a small one, about 1 to 1.5" in diameter.
After a while I started feeling somewhat hypnotized by the ball.
Finally I became exhausted and gave up, never seeing any image in it.
I felt drained by the experience.
The ball probably had nothing to do with my feeling drained, who knows, but I never went near a crystal ball again.
Hope you have better luck with yours.
edit on 15-11-2014 by Blastoff because: spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

I cant use a toaster .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Thanks for your feedback!

originally posted by: Blastoff
I gazed into a crystal ball once, just for the heck of it.
I am not the mystic type, it was pure curiosity.
It was a small one, about 1 to 1.5" in diameter.
After a while I started feeling somewhat hypnotized by the ball.
Finally I became exhausted and gave up, never seeing any image in it.
I felt drained by the experience.
The ball probably had nothing to do with my feeling drained, who knows, but I never went near a crystal ball again.
Hope you have better luck with yours.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Interesting! And did the crystal ball help?

originally posted by: hutch622

I cant use a toaster .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Ummmm.
Ok, I was going to say how bizarre it is that people can believe in this type of nonsense. I mean honestly, in all of human history with 6 billion of us making a mess of things, has there ever been one instance that scientifically shows anything mystic can happen with a inanimate ball? It is pure fantasy, a thing of fairy tales and movies.

But....

I'm kind of interested in how one starts to believe in this kind of stuff. Do you just want to believe it is possible to begin with, and nothing will shake your belief? Does it matter what anyone says, is this something you will always think is possible no matter a complete lack of evidence? Perhaps it was someone spiritual who affected you in your younger days? I did have a lady in my life as a child who was crazy over doing Tarot readings, she got herself to a point where should would not let people leave their house on certain days. Other than that, she was perfectly normal, quite intelligent, but I just can't get my head around how people actually believe in these things? Maybe I'm just an ole stick in the mud?

You bring this video to my mind, (not trying to offend you, but I'm normally the angry guy at the mystic folk, I feel his frustration, but I wonder if I'm missing something?) (edit - Some strong language unfortunately)

edit on 15-11-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Thought I'd share some info from an interesting link I found (see below):

'Lisa Lee Harp Waugh's crystal ball visions seem to defy explanation many say. She does not read for people as psychics or mediums do . Waugh uses hers to see and communicate with real ghosts only.

Scrying for the dead says Waugh can be an auto-deepening trance process that progresses in stages using tools such as a crystal ball, or other medium such as her crystal skull or a large mouthed chalice of black india ink.

Initially, the Ball or Black Ink serves as a focus for the attention, removing unwanted thoughts from the mind in the same way as a mantra. Once this is achieved, the scryer begins a free association with the perceived images suggested, for instance in a crystal ball, by the tiny inclusions, web-like faults and/or the cloudy glow within the ball under low light (i.e. candlelight).

The technique of deliberately looking for and declaring these initial images aloud, however trivial or irrelevant they may seem to the conscious mind, is done with the intent of deepening the trance state, wherein the scryer hears their own disassociated voice affirming what is seen within the concentrated state in a kind of feedback loop.

This process culminates in the achievement of a final and desired end stage in which visual images and dramatic stories seem to be projected within the mind's eye of the scryer, like an inner movie. This overall process reputedly allows the scryer to "see" relevant events or images within the Ball itself.'

Also found this part interesting (although not directly realted to crystal balls):

'In her large fifth Ward home in Houston, Texas she has a room where all is mirrored including the floor, ceiling and all the walls and Door. The room has no windows and is 20 x 20 feet. This is a room where Waugh talks to the dead freely and says it is like being inside a crystal ball in real life. Waugh considers her room a therapeutic tool to heal ones deep grief and bring insight for you travel the astral when you go into the rooms trance state.

Waugh enters the room completely nude except with a white hand made lace veil on her head with only a single black sweet smelling black arts candle which she makes by hand. She then lies naked upon the cold slick glass floor and gazes at the dark reflections around her. " This is when after a few moments I enter the real spirit world and they communicate with me."'

www.hauntedamericatours.com...

Looking froward to hearing from those of you with experience using a crystal ball

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you mean? Are you saying that images should just appear in my mind and not be projected onto the crystal ball?

If so, that is not how it is for me as I already see images in the ball. Like I said I already have experience with gazing. I'm just interested to hear how others experience scrying with a crystal ball.

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Sorry . I wish i had a working crystal ball , Also a time machine . If i had those perhaps a segment of my life would be a lot better .

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
As I mentioned in my OP I already have experience with gazing. So I am used to seeing images projected into/onto things. I was interested to hear others experiences with using a crystal ball. I can understand your sceptical outlook. However if you have direct experience it changes things. Thanks for your input.

a reply to: Qumulys

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If you use the specialized word scrying for researching this activity, then you will find a wealth of information on the topic. Supposedly, black surfaces with a mirror like polish are the best for this Aleister Crowley preferred the black "mirror" for scrying. Just like anything else esoteric in nature, make sure you are very mentally well prepared. Many people with a weak will are apt to believe every bit of knowledge that spontaneously arises from self entrained altered states, whether the revelations root is in wisdom or delusion must be very thoroughly scrutinized with logic and rationally.

If one is apt to believe delusion, it is easy for them to fracture their psyche and lose their grip on commonly perceived reality, under the delusion that they hold some special knowledge that others may want or do not have access to. Once that happens the wisdom or delusion experienced has a strong likely hood to develop into full blown paranoia. If the person is lucky they get carted off to the mental ward, if unlucky... they will probably be shot by the responding officer which seems to be a growing trend.

My personal advice is thus for anyone dabbling in esoteric practices: If you have any bizarre thoughts that you react to, then you need to strengthen your bond with reality and be very well grounded in one's will to maintain your own personal status quo so to speak, so you do not get carried off into a one way ticket for a flight of fancy no one else understands logically or perceives as rational.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Hmmm, I'm still having trouble understanding.
Is not "seeing images projected onto things" just, like artistic imagination? I mean, I can look at a wall and imagine whatever, let's say a wild phage sitting on a rock, and I can sort of picture him there. But, that is just in my head. Inside my minds eye, trying to think what it will look like on the wall. Like, how an artist thinks about how the image will look before they put pen to paper.

So, are you seeing this in your head? If so, why do you need a silly magic crystal ball? You might as well just use your fridge and save money. I'm still struggling to understand your mindset here. All you've said really is you see things. Why the need for a ball?
What makes you think it is anything other than just you thinking up random stuff like every other human does when they get sick of work and start to day-dream.

*I remain puzzled and unconvinced of anything other than hogwash so far, but I'm open to trying to understand you. Sorry if this is a challenge for you to explain, but I am trying to understand your ball gazing and what is the actual mental process you are going through. Have you suffered any mental illnesses in the past (you don't need to answer that if it makes you uncomfortable), or unusual medical problems such as fainting, low blood pressure, migraines, etc. ?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Never heard much about this guy, but a quick search reveals;

Born Edward Alexander Crowley in 1875, Crowley was a pansexual, mystic, occultist, ceremonial magician, deviant, recreational drug experimenter, poet and accomplished mountaineer who was also known as Frater Perdurabo and The Great Beast 666. He founded the religious philosophy of Thelema which enforced an idealist, libertine rule of “Do what thou wilt.” The British press named him “The Wickedest Man in the World.”

Link

So, why would anyone want to replicate whatever this guy got up to? That's like thinking Dodgy Dave the Ice Addict down in the local crack den has the ability to see smells and touch cartoons and bring them to life because he said so. What ever happened to rational thinking? I think I'm getting a bit too agitated about this because I think somehow people get pulled into these 'cult' like practices for some reason and they lose rational objective thought.

I am trying to understand why that happens, and I'm also curious if anyone has 'seen things in objects' and has later decided it was not for them. Did they think it was real at the time, and later decided it was their own imagination? Did it scare them and they quit. Is anyone willing to admit they just got suckered in?

Am I just too close minded? Is this stuff purely meant to be believed and not challenged? But what do the believers get out of it, what personally do you get out of it Aelfrede?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I need to add this very odd story that happened to my husband, a friend and myself back in 1993. I will be honest and say that we were pretty high as kites at the time, all 3 of us.
The friend had a good sized crystal ball sitting on the table. It was real cear crystal and not glass, so there were imperfections inside.
Every now and then one of us stared stupidly into it and then kept chatting more.

At some point I looked, and blow me away, there was a perfect image of a japanese robot in there. The 80-90s kind, with strange backward ears and large joints. It was perfect, not pareidolia, where you see stuff in patterns.
No this was a perfect holographic image, with all the details clearly visible.

So I told the others and my husband looked first. I expected him to make a joke or pretend to see something [and he said he was going to] but he was amazed when he actually saw the same thing.
He looked for a while and turned to orb around [always trying to find a rational explanation].

The our mate looked and she was just as shocked to see it too. She described it, from colour to all extreme details.

What if it was a factory made hologram? Well for one it was real crystal and she got it from one of those 'serious' new age places instead of a manga shop.

Next morning we remembered and tried to find it again, but it was gone and no light condition could bring it back. So if it was our minds making it up, then the amazing thing would that all 3 had the same vision. Either way, we still talk about it today.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I've tried crystal gazing. It didn't work for me at all. I have considered MIRROR GAZING. But because it works so often, and sometimes not in a positive way, I have to get a bit braver before I try it.

My ATS Thread on Mirror Gazing

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Sounds to me like you imagined it and then the power of suggestion made the others believe it to, and in the state you were all in it's no wonder surely?
It was also at night, so you may have had on different lights, perhaps some random things on the coffee table were reflected to sort of produce the image, either way it's hardly proof of anything in my eyes, and bordering on t&c issues.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The mirror thing is actually something quantifiable;
Source

To trigger the illusion you need to stare at your own reflection in a dimly lit room. The author, Italian psychologist Giovanni Caputo, describes his set up which seems to reliably trigger the illusion: you need a room lit only by a dim lamp (he suggests a 25W bulb) that is placed behind the sitter, while the participant stares into a large mirror placed about 40 cm in front.

The participant just has to gaze at his or her reflected face within the mirror and usually “after less than a minute, the observer began to perceive the strange-face illusion”.

This setup then led the participants to experience;

At the end of a 10 min session of mirror gazing, the participant was asked to write what he or she saw in the mirror. The descriptions differed greatly across individuals and included: (a) huge deformations of one’s own face (reported by 66% of the fifty participants); (b) a parent’s face with traits changed (18%), of whom 8% were still alive and 10% were deceased; (c) an unknown person (28%); (d) an archetypal face, such as that of an old woman, a child, or a portrait of an ancestor (28%); (e) an animal face such as that of a cat, pig, or lion (18%); (f ) fantastical and monstrous beings (48%).

The cause is believed to be that the mind is constantly trying to discern faces and decode them, but in the low light conditions the mind starts to struggle to make sense of the edges as they appear to change in the low light, trickery ensues making your mind think it could be someones elses face which freaks you out a little. You can read the full PDF here
Link to PDF study

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join