It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian 'hero boy' video faked by Norwegian director

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
well well well , some of you might recall the thread i did here

about the "Syrian Hero boy " who rescued a girl while under a hail of bullet fire , in the video it even looks like he takes a few rounds .
According to the poster on youtube the boy was "faking" getting HIT to rescue the girl .

Many members went with their gut feeling and said the video didn't look right , and it was Fake!
whelp to you members you are indeed correct ! Others posted things like this

I think it's fake , most of the time Arabs does these type of things .
They are having a mindset to fool others and play tricks .
We see many types of tricks they play in Iraq and Syria to kill each other
Roadside bombs booby traps and many more

Whelp to that particular poster we can cay Yes your correct ! it was fake , but no your NOT correct in assuming it was "the Arabs doing these types of things " . This time..

the question is Why ? Why on earth would someone do such a thing ?

here is why ....

Millions of YouTube viewers have been captivated by the 'Syrian hero boy' who manages to rescue a little girl while under gunfire. Now a group of Norwegian filmmakers have told BBC Trending they are behind it. They say it was filmed on location in Malta this summer with the intention of being presented as real.

Lars Klevberg, a 34-year-old film director based in Oslo, wrote a script after watching news coverage of the conflict in Syria. He says he deliberately presented the film as reality in order to generate a discussion about children in conflict zones.

Were they comfortable making a film that potentially deceived millions of people? "I was not uncomfortable," Klevberg said. "By publishing a clip that could appear to be authentic we hoped to take advantage of a tool that's often used in war; make a video that claims to be real. We wanted to see if the film would get attention and spur debate, first and foremost about children and war. We also wanted to see how the media would respond to such a video."

Crazy eh ? well i guess it was not without reason .... and the reason being "to raise awareness about children in conflict Zones " .

all i can say is that i truly hope that was the true "reasoning behind this video "

so what are your thoughts ATS ?

my thoughts are .. " i just solved my own question " and i hope this really brings attention to children in conflict zones

you can read more about it here
edit on 14-11-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-11-2014 by Walsh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Walsh

" Syrian 'hero boy' video faked by Norwegian director "

"Norwegian" ????

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"Norwegian" ????

IKR i was thinking the same thing lol

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well.....

Arrrrrrgh...
Yep I remember the post/tread...
I figured someone would resolve the matter...

Seems I owe you a cake or drink...
I feel happy that its fake!
My gut is not in my lower region! ( do anatomy ) no pepto now!

( HUGE SMILES )

Thousands of smiles!
edit on 14-11-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I went to bed very uneasy after your thread..
Looked up all I could...

Went on 14 Google search pages..
Was upset..

Tonight...
I will paint and breath..

You have no idea how much that bugged me...
I give a huge thanks for the resolve...

Yep I made overseas calls to see if someone had an answer.... no one could give one..
Yes I lost sleep.....
I think I shall log off and sleep now......

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

That's a hell of a lot better than the recent fake video about guys trying to date rape drunk girls. This had a noble purpose and nobody got tricked into participating and lost their job

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Good job of them, not only for making awareness on the children in war times, but also for showing how easy it is to fake stuff nowadays.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is a lesson even on Ukraine and when the government is so called videos of Russians invading.

Be vigilant.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It just goes to show, in today's day and age anything can be faked. I don't see the point of this filmmaker other then getting attention for his own personal profit.

What value does this deception bring?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I am a bit curious if the state dept. or other western leaders utilized social media to further their propaganda against Assad .It wouldn't be the first time if they did but was just curious about it in this case ?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

To be fair, the creators of the video did not say definitively whether or not it was a factual depiction when they uploaded/shared it. And they fully disclosed the nature of the video to the groups who donated funds.

The purpose was to gauge the media response to the ethics in the video concerning children in war zones. I don't have any problem believing this, as it is the only viable purpose for such an undertaking. Why else would one hire actors and film at a set used in movies if one only wanted to hoax? You could do that for FAR FAR cheaper.

I doubt there was an ulterior motive in this case. Just seems like a bunch of philosophical folks wanted to use rhetoric to change peoples' hearts about an issue that they feel strongly about. Sounds actually like a rather nice thing to have trending. A story of a brave and selfless hero--the world could really use more of those.

it is also a story that contains hope--which is also seemingly a rarity these days, especially in places that are experiencing violent upheaval.

to add: yeah, it could be political--but the main point of the video is to highlight a selfless act of courage under duress. That happens in books all of the time and it only serves to help the reader (or viewer, in this case) gain a sense of morality about acts of heroism.

So yes, I do find that there is purpose to this. The director's goals were altruistic and ethically-motivated. Would you also say that a fictional book about a similar action would have no value? I think that a moral compass has plenty of value.
edit on 15-11-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

That's a hell of a lot better than the recent fake video about guys trying to date rape drunk girls. This had a noble purpose and nobody got tricked into participating and lost their job

Yeah this is MUCH better.......

I love how people who get caught up in stuff like this always down play with the ......

"well at least its not............."

Give me a break this video was used so much by agenda driven people it was sickening......

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

i am with you on every thing you said

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
some where a dog's tail is waggin.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
in reply >> ManBehindTheMask

Cynicism is closed-minded and mocks the possibility of truth, especially in ideas that go against the mainstream. Cynicism denies rather than analyzes.

~ Ethics for Life 6th ed. Judith A. Boss

You're also failing to achieve what Plato described as the path of the true philosopher. You are going back into the Cave and regressing.

Skepticism, on the other hand, is grounded in ---

༼∩☉ل͜☉༽⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚ WONDER.

Being a skeptic entails being both curious and open-minded, along with being ever on the lookout for truth.
& isn't that the very reason people tend to view and participate on websites such as this?

lastly--apologies OP & mods & everyone for the zillion noobish edits. i used to make websites and do html stuff as a hobby and wanted to make it pretty because why not. O_o

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"Norwegian" ????

Explain please...

Very confused right now.........

a reply to: rukia

By the way, Rukia, don't know if you just missed it but, mind answering my question in the "Blue skinned mummies and the Royal Blue Bloodline" thread?
edit on 17-11-2014 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join