It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsuspecting middle school students terrified by active shooter drill.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat
So they merely need to be trained to show up?

I'm sure they should still train in tactical response, that's not the point I was making. All I was saying was that it seems like the shooters know that once the cops get there either A) they will be killed by the cops or B) the cops will arrest them and that is the last thing the shooter wants.

I would use a few armed ex military personnel in each school as teachers/faculty.
It would give jobs to our veterans-and-give an immediate response to an active shooter.

I'm quite sure that many schools have ex-mil on their payrolls. However, having armed guards is just another billboard on the road to totalitarianism. I am convinced that the teachers themselves should probably have a little bit of range time and training under their belts though. That probably wouldn't hurt the situation if there was ever a live shooter on campus. At least the teachers would know a little about tactical response situations and how to shoot under pressure.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

As a parent, I can't even begin to express how I actually feel on this one. Not even close.

Pointing LOADED guns at students? That alone should have the parents, students, and staff OWNING the entire police force and all others involved in this. Misfires are not uncommon. Gross negligence.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Wow, the cops really screwed up here. I hope the police department gets its pants sued off, and I don't think there will be a shortage of attorneys willing to take a look at this. While there may be a cap on damages under Florida Statute 768.28, there is no soverign immunity here. You would think the police would have considered their legal liability before doing something like this, especially if something went wrong. Some people should also lose their jobs over this- hope it was worth it to these morons to instill a sense of fear in a very limited number of people.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Thanks. This is truly mind boggling. Who was the idiot that
gave the green light for this "drill"

Meanwhile Obama made a speech about the new ISIS video, but
nothing about this operation.

I hope these cops can't sleep at night. Some of those kids probably
pissed and S**T their pants, cried, were terrified.

They should be ashamed of themselves!

Rebel 5

edit on 17-11-2014 by rebelv because: to add a thought

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

Dude, they are probably f###ing proud of themselves! I doubt these jackbooted scum lose a wink over their hitlarian antics!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

originally posted by: rebelv

Dude, they are probably f###ing proud of themselves! I doubt these jackbooted scum lose a wink over their hitlarian antics!

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I thought they
determined in Nuremburg that "just following orders"
was no defense.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I would stage a parent protest where we burst into their police station with fake bombs strapped to our chests.

WTF is wrong with them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join