It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Law Maker, Many Votes....Unbelievable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ever wonder how voting takes place? If this is posted I apologize, I did a search and couldn't find anything. Turns out, your representative may not even be the one casting his or her vote. I was disgusted at watching this, but I also had to laugh at the absurdity of it.

Lawmakers running around like a bunch of little children casting votes for those who are not present. Wow.
edit on 14-11-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: spell

edit on 14-11-2014 by solongandgoodnight because: added word

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

And people spend so much time trying to protect from completely negligible voter fraud just so this can go on. If there is a god he only blesses America because we're such a great sitcom for him. What a joke this country is.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

We are all screwed. Until some major reset to our country happens there is no hope.
I'm blown away fraud this blatant has been allowed to go on.
But then another part of me isn't that surprised at all.
I think deep down I was aware this is how our government works.

This vid just killed that last lingering hope that that voice inside was wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
How many things are they voting for anyway? How many laws do we need? These people have nothing better to do than sit around and make laws that have no real meaning and then can't even be there to vote. I'm sure they are off somewhere looking for money or playing golf. I wish I was surprised.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

We are all screwed. Until some major reset to our country happens there is no hope.
I'm blown away fraud this blatant has been allowed to go on.
But then another part of me isn't that surprised at all.
I think deep down I was aware this is how our government works.

This vid just killed that last lingering hope that that voice inside was wrong.

It is hard to believe they let this go on. The video itself is 5 years old. There's no telling how long it's been going on.

You're right on about needing a reset, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This blows! So when you want to check your representatives voting record, you can't be sure that "they" actually voted. Where are all these rep's anyway? Why aren't they voting for themselves? Why the voting on so many things so quickly? Why don't they have bathroom breaks, lunch and supper breaks? This is ridiculous. Sounds like they can't even organize a day's business and these people are running the country. Disgusting.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Are there any laws against this?

I wonder if they had express written permission from absent legislators.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

That is a 2 fold problem there.
1. Those that are voting for those not there need to be recalled and can't hold any public office again. One person one vote applies to them too.
2. Why are all those seats empty? Where are the people that are supposed to be there? They need to be recalled for not doing their job.They're vote counts and they need to be there to cast it.

new topics

top topics

join