It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the Solyndra "Scandal"? Those Loans Are Now Making Money For American Taxpayers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
double

edit on 19Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:17:11 -060014p0720141166 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think I see the problem with your thought process.

And I think the lists of failure cited are not complete.

I think 100% private enterprises are doing o.k.

If private enterprises were ever 100% OK then they would have never needed to be bailed out and those like Donald Trump's companies wouldn't have filed for bankruptcy 4 times.

There has never been a time in history where private enterprises were 100% doing o.k.

Some succeed any many more fail. Hell supposedly we have to subsidize oil companies every year just to keep them around. Thats what they claim anyway (the oil companies.) They are not even paying us back it is just government handouts to them. We are turning a profit with renewables the same can't be said for oil or coal.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: mc_squared
I actually did join the Democratic Party as of the last election. As flawed as the Democrats are, and they are, at least they mouth support for consensus science and equality before the law. They haven't been at the helm of government in every single financial catastrophe that the United States has ever known. And they don't state quite clearly that they want the country to fail for political gain.

I never thought much of Obama, and I still don't really, although sometimes he shows slight glimpses. The thing that piques my interest though is how much all these blatant shills on the right absolutely fear him. I generally subscribe to the idea that both parties are pretty damn corrupt, but clearly someone on the right is downright terrified this guy will go off-script/rogue.

I think it's his ego. Most politicians sell out easily for the kickbacks. I think Obama sees something more valuable in being remembered for his legacy though. He already rode that wave just by being the first Black President. And he liked it. So he's tried to do things to live up to that level of reverence - which isn't necessarily a bad thing considering most politicians just do things for the giant sacks of money instead.

This is my number one theory for all the Obama insanity manufactured by the GOP. You always hear Republicans talk about how much they hate his ego. I think they're scared to death he might actually do something crazy with it, like fight climate change or help poor people.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I didn't know Donald Trump was involved in solar power.

I'll have to look it up.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

While you are looking that up can you name a government solar company?

Seems to me they have all been private companies. If you want to play semantics.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

While you are looking that up can you name a government solar company?

Seems to me they have all been private companies. If you want to play semantics.

First you should list all the solar companies that currently have government loan guarantees.

Then we can compare successes.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You claimed 100% private enterprises were OK. Can you at least name a few government companies that arent?

You are the one who made a claim.
edit on 14-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You claimed all private enterprises were 100% OK. Can you at least name a few government companies that arent?

You are the one who made a claim.

Wrong.

Backwards interpretation.

I said:
" And I think the lists of failure cited are not complete.

I think 100% private enterprises are doing o.k. "

not "all private enterprises were 100% OK".

meaning not involved in government loans.

Reset and Restart now.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I had already fixed it before you posted. Look above.

Same question. It is your claim. Can you at least name a few government companies that went under?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Where's the list of "government companies"?

I listed busted companies that had government loan guarantees.

Are any at all still in business?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

They had government loans...hmmmm...but they were still private enterprises interesting.

So those private companies went under? Seems you disproved yourself there.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

That was my point.

I still can't find any successes.

but I'm sure there are some somewhere.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

That was my point.

I still can't find any successes.

You can't find any private enterprise success. That is the opposite of what you said. You said 100% were all OK.

Man I wish you could make up your mind.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Here's the point.....

GREEN SCAM: 80% of Green Energy Loans Went to Obama Donors – 19 Companies Went Bust

No wonder they stopped the loan program.

How else could they get even.

Now wait for new loans to big contributing losers from the last election !!!!!

But many solar enterprises are operating successfully. Those are just not Obama connected.

Added for entertainment purposes.....

the new campaign bundlers tune !!

New Christy Minstrels - Green, Green (stereo)

edit on Nov-14-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

I don't think people were against the loan program, just the cronism that snuck in $500 million to a corrupt company. Obviously people need loans for big projects. I wanna know why no one was arrested or had their assets forfeited. Where the hell did he money go? Sure didn't build a company.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Sorry I don't see your point.

Are you saying companies should never go under? Are you saying the loan program was stopped...hmm...I thought they loaned what they had planned and are about to loan more.

Seems like you are trying to make connections to something but that doesn't really work.

BTW have you came up with any government companies yet?

Don't you think loaning is better than subsidizing because I do. We don't see anything back when we subsidize but that would be oil companies.

BTW here is a site of green energy companies that went under. Looks like many were completely private.(Not tied to Obama)

www.greentechmedia.com...

So as I know and most sane people know businesses fail and businesses succeed but that isnt dependent on where the acquired their venture capital.

All in all though it looks as though the government loans to many green initiatives has paid off for the American public to where we are making a profit. On top of it we got some great companies and tech out of it like Tesla Motors. Unlike Darpa where we "give" out Billions every year and the taxpayer only sees the new military toys.
edit on 14-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Many of those had government funding.

And some may not have operated in the U.S. ?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

But were you not the one who said and I quote.

I think 100% private enterprises are doing o.k

So now since that is out of the way as incorrect. Can you explain what your problem seems to be with the loans?

We are profiting from them. Profit = success = good thing if you disagree with that then can I please manage your money because if you are not happy with making money you must be happy losing it in which case let me help you with that. I guarantee results.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I accept you concession.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I accept you concession.

I am pretty sure that word(concession) doesn't mean what you think it means.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join