It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Stand Up to Department Corruption, Tired of Being Forced to Make Arrests & Write Tickets

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Source

Ok so for balance I decided to post a police positive story.

Normal, IL — A group of police officers filed a lawsuit against the town of Normal last week alleging that the police department is forcing them to write a certain number of tickets or face disciplinary action. 9

Ok. I can respect that. I d like to see more of this.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Source

Ok so for balance I decided to post a police positive story.

Normal, IL — A group of police officers filed a lawsuit against the town of Normal last week alleging that the police department is forcing them to write a certain number of tickets or face disciplinary action. 9

Ok. I can respect that. I d like to see more of this.

Kudos to you!

I know it becomes and issue to be "that guy" who always complains against this group or that group, but seriously? Who loves the police at this day and age?

Maybe a little love and support for those who DO UPHOLD the law might be enough to sway the scales of justice back to protect and serve instead of a revenue generating machine is in order?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Good for them!!!

And good luck to them as well, hope they win their case

Maybe more officers in the future will follow their lead and step forward and do the same if they are under the same duress in their department

That one officer claimed due to the fact that she didn't meet her quota, she was suspended one day with no pay....that's total BS!!

Deborah Weir said she was even suspended for day without pay for falling short of her alleged quota.

edit on 13-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I hope they win, and it becomes a landmark case that other cases like this are compared to. It isn't likely, but it isn't impossible, either.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Awesome!

I think the only way to keep guys like this safe is to draw attention to them so they don't just get bulldozed or worse.

The NYPD Tapes

Frank Serpico

Thanks for bringing it here.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If they win the lawsuit, who is going to pay the fine? The public again, like when the cops are charged with raping their detainees, etc?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
If they win the lawsuit, who is going to pay the fine? The public again, like when the cops are charged with raping their detainees, etc?

Damn skippy, who else?

Food for thought folks.

With police brutality cases sought by victims, the real kicker is that usually a special tax or budgetary increase is created to absorb the settlement costs which can far outweigh any actual award. Then, they just keep the increased revenue annually rather than sunset it so, in effect, in actually pays big time to abuse citizens.
edit on 13-11-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Not to derail your thread, IMO, ticket quotas are immoral and illegal and used by city bureaucrats to get revenue for their empire building endeavors.

This story reminds me of the recent story in Houston. A cop was pulled over and given a ticket. He didn't tell the cop that he was a cop. He looked at the ticket and saw that it had the cops name and the name of another cop on it too. The second cop being a backup. But, there was no second cop actually on the scene.

Anyway, long story short is that there were three cops who would put the names of their buddies on the tickets they wrote so their buddies could claim overtime. When they were investigated, there was one instance where cop one wrote cop two's name down, cop two wrote cop three's name and cop three wrote cop one's name all within in minutes of each other and in parts of the city miles away from one another. In the end, one cop committed suicide in the police parking garage because he was looking at paying back a huge sum in overtime.

BUT... when I heard that story, it did not smell right to me. In the one instance I provided above, if each cop was already on the clock, then how did they get overtime for being second car on the scene??? Its not possible, unless they were receiving a bounty on every ticket they wrote and the city was calling it overtime. That would be illegal and akin to being pirates with letters of mark, taking a bounty on every motorist they rob. It would call into question the credibility of every cop and present doubt about the cop's motives in writing the tickets. Anyway, city bureaucrats and their revenue grubbing need to be stopped and cops need to get back to solving and preventing real crime.

www.usatoday.com...

www.chron.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Now...

If they will just stop shooting people.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Now...

If they will just stop shooting people.

But, but they only shoot the people that pose an eminent threat to them.
Umm, like the mentally ill

or the homeless

/End sarcasm

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i thought the fact that the police have citation and arrest quota's was common knowledge? i heard it from many people i know before i started hearing it from relatives who have been in law enforcement, and then once or twice in my teens in the back of the car i heard them outright admit it.

after all that i just figured it was common knowledge.

this was all from oregon btw not the same place as the OP article

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I imagine there are inner wars going on within Police Departments all over the country.

There is so much filth and corruption that's been growing for years, but there has to be new, fresh faces, good guys and women...there have to be the heroes.

Among those who join the police force because they were born into it, are stellar men and women, who enter with the idea they are going to protect the innocent and rid the world (or their little piece of it) of the bad guys.

The good guys and the bad guys WITHIN these different departments have got to be having a war among themselves.

How do we as the PUBLIC, help the good guys win?

It is our police force. They service us directly. The policing of our communities is accessible and influenced by us more than many other aspects of governance.

We should figure this out and get it settled before they kill all our dogs,
have body armor, tanks, and go all bath salts zombie on us

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Thats freaking awesome.

I am at a loss as to why this is not getting more push. Its everything people asked for....YET its not news unless we can go nuts on cops.
EDIT TO ADD:
I see people went ahead and went nuts here as well. Never mind. I am starting to think we dont deserve better cops. People actually gave cops grief in a thread about cops standing up for the public. Unbelievable.

Big thank you to them.

Hold it down.

edit on 11 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Great story. Glad to see some finally stand up to the corporate machine that has infiltrated our very existence.

It really does look and feel like standing up to the Borg - assimilation of everything/everyone and resistance is futile.

Normal, IL is a suburb of Bloomington, IL with a population of around 53,000. Now if we can start seeing local and state police in larger metropolitan areas do the same thing. Oh, and like others have already stated - stop shooting people.
edit on 20-11-2014 by WCmutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Who pays the fine? In litigation like this the only money at issue is
pay that should have been given or refund of tickets wrongly written. It
is mainly a cease and desist demand against the town. Legal fees though,
would come out of the public purse.

top topics

join