It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mistral ships won’t be delivered to Russia Nov. 14 – French Defense Minister

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

This is a good idea. Don't sell them anything but corn, wheat and soy beans.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

HI

I have to say I DO NOT agree.

Using a phrase that is bantered about abit here...

Force Projection. Canada can not project a force to protect the sovereignty of out far north. Heck we cannot even project force much passed fort Mcmurry, aB.

Not to many years ago the Danish tried to establish a base on the mainland, we already share an Island with them.

two years ago Russia talked about taking on the responsibility for keep keeping the northern passage open year round. We politicly told them no "we'll do it" got our ONE decent ice breaker stuck and had to ask the Russians to tow it out before the hull got crushed. Why do you think Harper is so pesky with the russians and the Ukraine issue?

To distract us Canadians from this We have our "Rangers" (very Babylon 5ish). Basically about 100 Inuit with plain Jane snow mobiles patroling with bolt action rifles.

Think diamonds, think oil, think coal. think of shipping ice to the saudies. We have it all up there.

People forget that the projected life time cost of $65 million included; a plane with a 25 year life span, fuel for 500 hours per year, routine maintenance, the pilots wages, pilot training, the maintenance staff wages and their training, the cost of storing them on the ground (hangers), estimated upgrades and INFLATION over 25 years. Just the pilot wages would be $1.5 million of the total.

Our frigging senate cost more per day than a fleet of f-35's. OKay, I made that bit up. Have you noticed we HAVE NOT committed to even tendering out the contract? even none stealth aircraft have similar life time costs. And we would have to thank the french or the russians or the (shudder) chinese.

Please debate, not flame.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SmilingROB

Wow.Very good point indeed.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The Russians have now packed up and are sending their sailors back to Russia. Training Frigate Smolny with over 400 on board is now returning to the Baltic.

MOSCOW, December 18. /TASS/. Russian training ship The Smolny has checked out of the French port of St Nazaire and is heading for Kronstadt in the Gulf of Finland with more than 400 Russian sailors aboard, a source at the Russian Navy said on Thursday. The sailors have received a course of training in St Nazaire in how to operate the Mistrals.

“At 12:00 hours Moscow Standard Time /09:00 hours GMT/ more than 400 Russian Navy servicemen making up the crews of two Mistrals left French port aboard the Smolny ship and are heading for Kronstadt,” he said.

The Russian crew of the helicopter carrier may return to the France if Paris eventually decides to turn the ship over to Russia, the source told TASS.

itar-tass.com...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
New reports are that France is considering destroying the ships. If they can't sell them to another country and refit them to that nations standards, they're considering dismantling the two ships, or even scuttling them.

rt.com...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
New reports are that France is considering destroying the ships. If they can't sell them to another country and refit them to that nations standards, they're considering dismantling the two ships, or even scuttling them.

rt.com...

Kudos to France for putting principle above money.

Shame to see such nice ships destroyed but better that than to Putin.

Wonder if Japan would be interested?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Wonder if Japan would be interested?

I thought we wanted those ships. It's an election year though and the Cons screwed the pooch with the F-35s and may be reticent to spend atm.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

There are three leading nations they're apparently trying to sell them to, one being Canada.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

LoL Weapon manufacturys in lets see... Isreal, Afganistan, Canada? United States? Hmm... Why so many weapons to the youth, to hide that you + go 1st = no 1 see you + go?

LoL I think alot of people always did like to hide my involvement in the remote viewing agencies and even at JVC... Weapon manufacturing isn't really my wish = NO WISHED BE WEAPON MANUFACTURER.

You always think I need you to explain how, 1 dream, 1 nightmare and 1 question with neurological =ing of words and no blending really is all I needed to reproduce and replicate the process with no explanation and no how to manual. LOL Too bad steve and travis refused to believe it.

"Routing portal of bullet to steve as we speak." LOL I refuse for him to do this. Do what. Im so close yet so far steve... LOL Next time you'll think more wisely before you try to - the destiny won't you steve, travis. UNBLEND WITH KALEL, ELI Now!"

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToddTheWraith
a reply to: AnuTyr

LoL Weapon manufacturys in lets see... Isreal, Afganistan, Canada? United States? Hmm... Why so many weapons to the youth, to hide that you + go 1st = no 1 see you + go?

LoL I think alot of people always did like to hide my involvement in the remote viewing agencies and even at JVC... Weapon manufacturing isn't really my wish = NO WISHED BE WEAPON MANUFACTURER.

You always think I need you to explain how, 1 dream, 1 nightmare and 1 question with neurological =ing of words and no blending really is all I needed to reproduce and replicate the process with no explanation and no how to manual. LOL Too bad steve and travis refused to believe it.

"Routing portal of bullet to steve as we speak." LOL I refuse for him to do this. Do what. Im so close yet so far steve... LOL Next time you'll think more wisely before you try to - the destiny won't you steve, travis. UNBLEND WITH KALEL, ELI Now!"

Woah.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The UK should look at grabbing them - HMS Ocean was never meant to be in service for long and these would be a good replacement, or even a compliment to the Fleet. You can never have too many amphibious assault ships

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join