It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jessie Ventura: "Military Doesn't Fight for our Freedom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Normally, I take most of what Ventura says with a grain of salt, but as a veteran myself, I tend to agree with him. I learned in my time in that the freedom and benefit of the American nation was the last thing we were being sent places to fight for. Our military has been used to pursue and secure the political and economic interests of the very few, often, at the detriment to the whole country.

That said, I wouldn't change my decision to join. I'd do it again. The military offered me experiences and perspectives that were beyond anything I'd have learned from college or elsewhere. I actually got a much more realistic look at the world and life in general. The experience was worth every hardship I had to face. And I certainly don't look down on anyone who wants to join. The military itself is not bad, and it is essential. The problem is not with the military, but those who decide where it deploys and for what purpose. Don't blame the military for all these stupid wasteful, pointless conflicts. Blame the bozos who keeps sending us into these disasters.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The us military, and those who serve are used like pawns by those pulling the strings. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to take a look at the last few decades of US military intervention and the motivations behind them. About time people grew a few and say this on a big media platform.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

A picture says a thousand words sometimes.

And this one says "Please feel sorry for me, I chose to be trained to kill people for a living."

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
i dont know. but after that lawsuit i cant support jessie anymore. thats a bitch move that i would expect some middle aged woman with a #ty life to pull.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Well first of all Jessie I doubt the special forces would be asking for your help in your current state. I know that was a harsh jab but an honest one.

Secondly.......Really you are going to say this on veterans day........Really. I agree the military industrial complex is out of control but you have to have some common sense. It seems you are grasping at the straws of staying a celebrity as the world moves on without you. Maybe saying crap like this on veterans day is the reason the audience is shrinking and shrinking fast.
edit on 14-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Pity he didn't elaborate on what they do fight for which, IMO, is American corporate interests and American hedgemony over the world, that's why they are in the Ukraine

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
For those implying that vets don't understand or know how they are being used... That's pretty insulting, I understand exactly I chose to use them as they used me, to further my life goals.

I don't regret joining at all, life experiences, and places I've seen I never would have seen other wise.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spruce
They don't fight for our freedom anymore. They fight for everyone BUT us. Afghanistan and Iraq were about freedom for those countries, not us. None of the wars we've fought in recent decades were about us.

Ha yeah, they certainly "freed" (please read killed) a lot of souls all over the world that's for sure, men women and children... Big round of applause for the USA and fellow "freedom fighting" countries...

You really really think that the US gov spend billions to free other people out the kindness of their hearts? This line of reasoning is beyond delusional... Sorry.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
For those implying that vets don't understand or know how they are being used... That's pretty insulting, I understand exactly I chose to use them as they used me, to further my life goals.

I don't regret joining at all, life experiences, and places I've seen I never would have seen other wise.

Not just use the gov but the countries you invaded and their people too... To further your own life... Well done... Brings a new meaning to treading on people to get to the top eh...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
General Butler realized the truth at the end of his long distinguished time in the services

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

If you don't believe him and Eisenhower, quoted earlier, consider the possibility of being blinded by propaganda that has led to patriotic cognitive dissonance.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

Stop voting for Democrats and Republicans.

They are fully owned by Corporate America. Only vote for those that don't take corporate money. They are out there and gain more support every cycle. Jill Stein got over 1% of the popular vote last presidential election. (The most successful female presidential candidate ever, btw.) Sure, she's Green Party, and that might ruffle the conservative types, but I think Gary Johnson ran on a Libertarian ticket. And while Im not sure if Johnson took corporate contributions, anything is better than the GOP and Dems.

No truly independent candidate will be allowed to win a national election. If ever a non-Dem or non-GOP candidate wins a national election, you can bet he (or she) has been taken over by the Elite. Look at what happened to the Tea Party. When they looked like they might become powerful, the Koch Bros showed up.

I like the Libertarian ideals (social liberal, fiscal conservative, minimal government), but I would not want the Libertarians to take over the country -- their ideals are completely out of touch with reality. It's basically a "Back to 1820" movement. A pure "laissez-faire" Capitalism is too brutal. An Isolationist USA with a minimal military is too dangerous. Red China would love to be the next great No. 1 Superpower in the world. I would not want to live in that world.

A truly independent presidential candidate would be destroyed -- one way or another. The last candidate I believed in was Ross Perot and the mainstream media turned him into a national laughingstock. Perot finally left the race when his family became the target.

TPTB will choose the two presidential candidates who have any real chance of carrying the nation. You can bet TPTB own both of them. They own the media. We get to choose between Bad & Worse. Or we can throw our votes away on someone who CANNOT win. Or we can stay at home to pout.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It kind of bothers me that most of the people commenting and backing up what Jesse has to say, have never been in the military. Oh, and by the way, in order to be a conscientious objector, there has to be an active draft, which there is not presently.

Just as in all power, there is corruption, and yes, it exists in the government/military/corporate deals that we know nothing about. However, that does not make the whole thing some kind of corporate conspiracy. Every day you wake up, and are not speaking Russian or Chinese,(or before, German and Japanese) is proof enough that your brothers and sisters in the military are protecting your freedom.

edit on 14-11-2014 by charlyv because: content

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AuranVector
No truly independent candidate will be allowed to win a national election. If ever a non-Dem or non-GOP candidate wins a national election, you can bet he (or she) has been taken over by the Elite. Look at what happened to the Tea Party. When they looked like they might become powerful, the Koch Bros showed up.

You make a statement and then hold it hostage with a "No True Scotsman" fallacy. The only reason a non-Dem or non-GOP hasn't won is because people aren't voting for them. That's it. That's the reason.

I like the Libertarian ideals (social liberal, fiscal conservative, minimal government), but I would not want the Libertarians to take over the country -- their ideals are completely out of touch with reality. It's basically a "Back to 1820" movement. A pure "laissez-faire" Capitalism is too brutal. An Isolationist USA with a minimal military is too dangerous. Red China would love to be the next great No. 1 Superpower in the world. I would not want to live in that world.

Then don't vote Libertarian. I voted Green. You should take a look at their agenda. My guess is that you would like a lot of what they have to say.

www.gp.org...

A truly independent presidential candidate would be destroyed -- one way or another. The last candidate I believed in was Ross Perot and the mainstream media turned him into a national laughingstock. Perot finally left the race when his family became the target.

TPTB will choose the two presidential candidates who have any real chance of carrying the nation. You can bet TPTB own both of them. They own the media. We get to choose between Bad & Worse. Or we can throw our votes away on someone who CANNOT win. Or we can stay at home to pout.

The only vote that is thrown away is the one not cast. You can choose to vote for the lesser of two evils, but I won't knowing vote for evil anymore.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

He is correct. Our military do not serve us they serve special interests, hired muscle hoodwinked under the illusion of patriotism. When I enlisted I joined because I needed money for college and felt I had to carry on the family tradition as my father and every father before him served in every theater of war. I wanted to travel as well, since my recruiter sold me that as a deal breaker. Riding on the bus to basic with a lot of black kids from the ghettos that had no way out but the service. They too joined but not serve "god and country" but a chance at a better life even in that involves dying in Iraq. Of course you got some good ol boys that join just to "get some" killing some brown people as part of his birth right of sorts. It was a Job , nothing more to me. And same goes for most I knew that served with me. Sorry America it is what it is a job. It is nothing like the movies. You are quickly broken down and made to be obedient , then rebuilt in to a machine to kill with efficiency. You follow orders and you carry them out period no matter what the mission is you do it. Your mind is no longer yours, your mind and will and your rear end belong to the military o said branch.

Guarding Poppy fields and Oil wells was not what our troops had in mind for most, or doing shake downs of peoples homes looking for "insurgents" is not what as glorious and patriotic as once would imagine. A lot of guys really don't give a damn though. they just want to get through it intact and survive. For his own sake not yours citizen. Our military is cannon fodder nothing more, meat for the grinder. Disposable heroes. There is zero glory in what today military is doing. We have not fought a justified war since WW2. That was over 60 years ago.

We are sorry to inform you that your husband died in Iraq with honor serving his country, sorry here is a plaq to honor him

And at the end of the day I nor my family are no more safer today than pre 911. We are no more safer than pre NAM. There are no NAVY's encroaching on our waters. There are no more wars to be won. Only proxy wars , silent wars , secret wars , fake wars on terrorism , communism , alphabet terrorist groups of our own creation. The only war being fought is on our constitution and human rights , on the working class and the poor by the very people who orchestrated these false wars abroad.

Want to serve your country ? Storm the White House and Capitol Hill and arrest these gangsters. Nobody is willing to do it though, because there is no pay check involved. By me saying that i will be considered a terrorist of course. Or a traitor to some.

Then you will have served your country and made a better future for yours and mine
edit on 14-11-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: AuranVector

You make a statement and then hold it hostage with a "No True Scotsman" fallacy. The only reason a non-Dem or non-GOP hasn't won is because people aren't voting for them. That's it. That's the reason.

AuranVector: My argument is not circular. It takes an enormous amount of money to win a presidential election. For that simple reason, a candidate cannot win who is NOT supported by the Elites. The Elites own the banks, the mega corporations, the high-ranking bureaucrats of the various agencies, the politicians, the media (Fox is owned by an Obama supporter, Rupert Murdoch), etc.

The only reason a non-Dem or non-GOP presidential candidate hasn't won is because he has NOT been sold to the public thru the Elite-owned media.

AuranVector: I like the Libertarian ideals (social liberal, fiscal conservative, minimal government), but I would not want the Libertarians to take over the country -- their ideals are completely out of touch with reality. It's basically a "Back to 1820" movement. A pure "laissez-faire" Capitalism is too brutal. An Isolationist USA with a minimal military is too dangerous. Red China would love to be the next great No. 1 Superpower in the world. I would not want to live in that world.

AgentShillington: Then don't vote Libertarian. I voted Green. You should take a look at their agenda. My guess is that you would like a lot of what they have to say.

www.gp.org...

AuranVector: The "Green" movement was hijacked by the Elites more than 25 years ago for their own purposes. Who doesn't want to save the environment? Unfortunately, the Carbon Tax does NOTHING to save the environment. The "Green" manifesto is just a variation of the old "Progressive" agenda promoting a "social justice" that is anything but just. The "Green Agenda" is designed to seduce the young and/or naive.

AuranVector: A truly independent presidential candidate would be destroyed -- one way or another. The last candidate I believed in was Ross Perot and the mainstream media turned him into a national laughingstock. Perot finally left the race when his family became the target.

AgentShillington: The only vote that is thrown away is the one not cast. You can choose to vote for the lesser of two evils, but I won't knowing vote for evil anymore.

AuranVector: Then you will let the greater evil win.

Edited for clarity.
edit on 14-11-2014 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason
i dont know. but after that lawsuit i cant support jessie anymore. thats a bitch move that i would expect some middle aged woman with a #ty life to pull.

I agree there , Jesse can get in a wrestling ring and pull fake punches but when he gets punched in the face he sues a widow. Suing a dead seal mind you , by an ex frogman . Despicable , a good ol fashioned punch in face or whoopin never deserved a million dollar payout let alone among squids. In a bar mind you , if i had a penny for every fight i got in to a bar.

He is right about the Military though , while being a pansie at the same time.
edit on 14-11-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They dont fight for our freedom. They go to far off lands to DIE for other peoples freedoms.

God Bless the military...but ask any mother of a late soldier in what foreign land and far off country did her son or daughter die in?

Pretty sure she wouldnt say for "our" freedom in some sand covered or mountainous region 5,000 miles away from home....

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

So what country did I invade? Come on explain who I invaded... What people were I rsponsible for killing, if you have nada way to be an obnoxious sob.

Not everyone was a ground pounder... Are you a us citizen... If so and you didn't vote to oust people that voted for war your just as guilty.
edit on 14-11-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
Jesse can get in a wrestling ring and pull fake punches but when he gets punched in the face he sues a widow. Suing a dead seal mind you , by an ex frogman .

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm assuming you don't realize what the lawsuit was actually about. I'm not Jesse's apologist, but the issue was a guy wrote a book claiming to have laid 'a celebrity' out with a punch after 'the celebrity' came into a bar badmouthing SEALS at a get together honoring a SEAL killed in combat. Chris Kyle (SEAL and author) later identified the 'celebrity' as Jesse Ventura in an interview.

Jesse not only denied saying anything to warrant a punch, he denied the incident ever took place. He filed a defamation lawsuit. Kyle subsequently died in an accident on a gun range. The suit went from Kyle to his estate.

A jury sided with Jesse and awarded damages.

So he didn't sue a widow or a SEAL because he got punched, he sued an estate for defamation.

Jesse haters probably like your version better, though.
edit on 11/14/2014 by yeahright because: Typo
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I like Jesse because:
1. He is conspiracy-aware. A rare thing in a pres. candidate.
2. He speaks his mind. We know where he's coming from. It's not a mystery.

If we take the attitude - well if we vote other than the big two parties, it will be a wasted vote. That's only because of apathy and not enough organization for the 3rd party. Voting for the same old, same old - will give you the same old, same old cronies in office.

If a third party gets organized and motivates the voters, I can see a different candidate winning.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join