It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannibal restaurant 'with roasted human heads on the menu' shut down by police.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I can't say I'm surprised-Sadly this is par for the course in that part of the world.

Countries in Africa might enjoy some of the perks of modernization, but they still have ties to the rituals that their ancestors practiced. The shamans hut is now a flat, the spears are now Kalashnikovs, and now it appears that cannibalism is now a cuisine.

Most African nations are a mess; Lawless, barbaric, dysfunctional, and seem to be beyond repair.

edit on 13-11-2014 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be in the food forum?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Evil has near full reign on this Earth at this point.

Few truer words have ever been spoken. We would benefit from another Flood.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Gotta love Nigeria! LOL

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Also doesnt eating human brains actually end up giving the person a horrible disease, I want to say it was a flesh eating bacteria. Seriously no joke. LOL due to the amount of nerve cells or something they are consuming. Thought I heard about some syrians who all died because they ate parts of the brains from some guys severed head.

Yep! Cannibalism isn't good for you!

Although it is not expressly stated in the umbrella values of most dogmas or individual moral compasses, eating people is generally frowned upon. Most would say, “it goes without saying.” So, morally, we have proponents that say cannibalism is bad. To look at it from a different metric of good and bad, the United States Department of Agriculture prefers lean proteins to fatty red meats, which will overburden your daily limit of empty calories. We Americans, bursting on a culture of hamburgers and thick steaks, consume large quantities of empty calories that create a decidedly full figure. Therefore, nutritionally, cannibalism is not the diet for beach season.

There exists a third reason (as well as many more that will not be addressed here) why cannibalism is bad for you, and it seems like karma. If you eat human brains, you may contract a disease that will return the favor: kuru will eat your brain. Worse yet, there is no cure. - See more at: healthmap.org...

Syrian Muslims infected with Kuru, a disease of cannibals

Kuru was first identified in 1961 among the Fore tribe in Papua New Guinea. Research suggested that the epidemic may have originated around 1900 from a single individual who lived on the edge of Fore territory and who is thought to have spontaneously developed some form of Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease.

From that infected individual, Kuru spread easily and rapidly in the Fore people due to their endocannibalistic funeral practices, in which relatives consumed the bodies of their dead, especially the brain tissue where prions are concentrated, to return the “life force” of the deceased to the hamlet. By the mid-1960s, Kuru was in decline among the Fore due to Australian colonial law forbidding cannibalism, as well as the efforts of local Christian missionaries.

But cases continued to appear for several more decades because the mean incubation (asymptomatic) phase of the disease is 14 years after initial exposure, although cases were reported with latencies of 40 years or more. The clinical (symptomatic) phase of the disease lasts an average of 12 months, before the infected person dies.

It's not hard to imagine why cultures that thought cannibalism was a good idea, didn't not last very long!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Two things I cannot wrap my head around: how did they advertise that they were serving roasted human head for more than an hour without being raided and shut down. And how do you eat roasted human head? Seems the brain would be the only thing edible.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Ha! And my wife is suggesting we go to Africa on holiday next year. Yeah no. I'm thinking more like Iceland.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So I wonder if the plump customers were really just human cows?

It sounds like the well to do were ordering expensive meat not knowing what it was by the sound of the pastor, when really they may have been lured in for the back slaughterhouse.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'll have my head rare, please. To go.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
..the MSM seems to really enjoy cannibal stories these days
what gives?
the last desperate gasps of a dying institution
or fuel for the fire as we call for heads to roll?

meh.. who cares

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
There's nothing wrong with getting some head. Asian cultures eat fish heads, arabic countries find goat head delicious, especially the eyeball. Its a matter of perspective...

Lmao...for a second there I thought you were talking about blow jobs!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: riffraff
Two things I cannot wrap my head around: how did they advertise that they were serving roasted human head for more than an hour without being raided and shut down. And how do you eat roasted human head? Seems the brain would be the only thing edible.

The roasted clown head tasted funny.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Actually 700 Nigerian Naira is equal to $4.06 USD.. Really quite a cheap 'treat' if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
a reply to: boymonkey74

"I went to the hotel early this year, after eating, I was told that a lump of meat was being sold at N700, I was surprised," a pastor who had visited the eatery said. "So I did not know it was human meat that I ate at such expensive price.

Apparently it must have been "finger licking good" because this pastor claims to have had some without realizing it was human meat.
...I guess the large price tag (whatever N700 is) caused him to think he was eating something else. Or maybe he is just playing dumb. Who knows.

....I'm still a bit taken back and without many words here, so I'm sort of just rambling.
WTF is wrong with some people? I mean, I understand humans have a LONG history of cannibalism but can we please just relegate that to the past? It's not really one of those "bright points" in our history, I don't want to see it become "trendy".

.....this world is more lost by the day

I just looked up N700 on Nigerian cash converter....and converting to USD , N700 = $ 4.06

Edit....poster above beat me to it!
edit on 13-11-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This made me think of The Smiths' meat is murder.

I wonder if it tasted like chicken.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Ha! And my wife is suggesting we go to Africa on holiday next year. Yeah no. I'm thinking more like Iceland.
[/quote

Let's hope you have a good marriage and she hasn't got a " hit" out on you!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, isn't that what folks here are always saying? All I saw in the source articles were a bunch of vague, unnamed, unverifiable claims. Sorry, this story is just too hard to swallow!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26
The source

Second source. (A more local source, I think)

....though, I would say, what is happening in this world because it damn sure isn't just one country or another. Evil has near full reign on this Earth at this point.
Truly sickening.

That's simply not true. Going down this road makes you think that humanity is a monster, at all times, and in all places. It is not true, it is just what they want you to think. To be desperate, afraid, and to never participate in society in any way.

Humanity has it's horrible people, but the vast majority of people are good at heart. They do good things, and create beautiful art, scientific advancements, and amazing architecture.

There is good, and bad...don't let the bad drown out the overwhelming good, though.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Why is all this creepy weird stuff being glamourized now? like hotels putting it on menu's making out like its the new Caviar or something, what's next its only for the upper class and elite that can afford it because they are so superior to us and all that right? so why shouldn't they eat their fellow humans, they're just that much above us and all.. this is awful this is so many different kinds of F'd up I don't even know where to begin!

In my 50 years on this rock we call earth I have seen people do some real unthinkable and sometimes sickening stuff. It is my suspicion that bored, powerful and rich people do the most 'weird' stuff. Therefore it will not surprise me if there is a brotherhood of culinair chefs cooking special 'treats' for the illuminated and bored rich. Human heads or other parts of the human body would of course be present on the menu... a rare delicatesse... children deliver the best succulent cuts.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Disgusting. Sometimes I think we ought to just let Mother Nature do her thing evolutionarily (is that a word?)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

So this is pretty awkward...

Someone nailed it when they said cannibalism has been around for millennia - but it seems that ( contrary to your opinion, no offense ) humanities approach to it is evolving. Bare with me.

Ages ago cannibalism was spearing your neighbor and eating him. Or the town whoooooore. Or the annual sacrifice. Or what have you. Today, it seems... disturbingly, that human-on-human sustenance has become a delicacy.

Now... I'm gonna go out on a limb here, but what do you all think about putting this 'elevation of class' in respect to the act and market, up against the reasons why people eat people:

- Human 'meat' ( that's hard to type -_- ) is arguably the most complete source of nutrition for a human. It already contains everything that your own body could need. This point is arguable for a couple of reasons, but let's just take it at face value for a moment.
- Human 'meat' ( still difficult ) may or may not have a number of SATANIC ( /here4lols), or other occult applications that used to be observed by entire tribes of people.
- Human 'meat' is a rarity in today's society, as obtaining a corpse from a morgue or wherever else you obtain copses from is ( again arguably ) a fairly difficult thing to do; but it seems that the market for it is still prevalent - enough to have a menu.
- This is illegal as @$)(*, but a Hotel has the gall to sell the stuff - it might damn well be a lot more extensive than we imagine.
- I didn't look into the articles and/or which hotel this was specifically, but if it were any sort of 'classy establishment'; it would speak to the option that a 'higher class' of individual is more prone to cannibalism in today's society - I doubt if human meat is very cheap.
-- If this follows; it stands to reason that upper-class people are, have been, and will probably continue to eat other people for ... reasons...
-- Occult? Satanic? Beyonce ever visit Nigeria?
-- Reptilians can't just be runnin around snatchin suckas up; that wouldn't prove well for their anonymity.

Now -- I just went from Aztecs to Kanye West back to Reptilians - but it's all just food for thought - sort of just where my head went after few minutes, very much expanded into what is almost a logical stream of thought... Don't knock it; I doubt any of this is the case and I'm sure that Nigerian warlords just like a little brains on their taco - but to deny ignorance is to consider all options. Or something. Or I'm just a cook.

Cheers, S&F OP, and if anyone's gonna die anyway, eat some ebola cookies - hopefully you'll infect the cannibal market.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join