It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the central axis relock system?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
i dont know anything about guns so there is that

i just watched john wick and i was reading the trivia after and it says he uses the central axis relock system...

thinking back about how it was in the movie, does it just mean that you walk around with your gun pointed?
thats pretty much what he did....

if someone can explain that would be awesome

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Try this.

www.sabretactical.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It is a tactical fighting system for handguns. It is most useful for close in work.

I don't care for it, but it could be useful in certain situations, so training in it would be worthwhile IMO.

I tend to use the sights on a pistol and they are on top of the gun for a reason.

Google it and watch a video for a thorough explanation of the system and how it works.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I tend to use the sights on a pistol and they are on top of the gun for a reason.

Hey Butcher
Off eye inclusion has pretty cool accuracy advantages even out to 25 yards that I wasn't aware of prior to my sst instructor taking me through it. You may like it the more you do it due to the results. they're kind of surprising. It is really important for home defense tactics IMO. The down side as a lefty is I catch the occasional eject in the face.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The only system is the "hit what you are shooting at" system; in any light, indoors or out, at a moments notice, without going off half cocked.

Practice…

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

lol...no truer words

and anything different from how you were taught always feels weird at first.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another
I can't argue with it, as I have not shot it enough to get comfortable with it.
It definitely has advantages close in with multiple targets. I will endeavor to practice it more... when ammo and money are not as tight.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Huh. I never knew it had a name, but I've been practicing like this for years. I always try to think of different scenarios and one of them was just a common sense approach to the fact that you don't always aim at arms length. Keeping the weapon close to your body and turning as needed, was the solution. Not walking down a hallway with your weapon stuck straight out in front of you, making it easy to be taken away by someone in a side room, was another common sense idea that I didn't have to have someone explain to me.
Not knocking the tactical schools, I'm sure they're very good for people not familiar with weapons or just want to brush up on the latest, but common sense is a big factor.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I tend to train this naturally. Close in combat with a hand gun doesn't really allow you to use your sights. The point is that you bring the weapon to your center and achieve a natural aim point in the center mass of the target.

For anything outside of 10 meters I dont recommend this technique as your natural center point of aim will get lower and lower after that distance.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

My grandfather started me out at seven with an old Stevens Crackshot, shooting 22 shorts. He taught me to "point and shoot", saying "if your hands learn where you're looking , you can hit anything you can see."
I still use this method when hunting, rarely taking time to shoulder my gun, and hardly ever miss. Makes for much better scores when I'm bird hunting; takes less time to catch a quail on the rise.

This came in handy in the jungles and fields of S E Asia.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
to everyone that talks about doing this naturally, Paul castle, the creator of this system, spaghetti monster rest his soul, was not exactly what I would call.... A genius... Ever seen snatch?

Anyway lots of other people have tweaked and played with castles original idea, which is a great one, he took a no nonsense approach to a more secure and natural way to use a gun in extremely close quarters. You can transition between targets that are 10 feet apart with only a twitch of the wrist, it's a great system if your body accepts it and your able to use it effectively...

For some I see it being harder to learn especially if your stuck in more traditional techniques and habits but if your one who can learn it, it's good to have in the bag. Castles reload sit up drills alone will get you dialed in with mag swaps, drastically increased my accuracy with the mag when shoving it into the mag well even on my single stack .45.

It's a system thats effectiveness lies in your amount of training. If you even have to think for a second your defeating the speed advantage. I was actually just trying to convince my buddy to fly out and take a proper course in this technique just to get the real know how and the drills, YouTube only goes so far lol. If something were to happen today where i needed to use my concealed carry I definitely wouldn't bust out some CAR, but I wish I could.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They used it in the movie because it looks cool.

CAR is fine for very close engagements, but just about any style of aiming works when the target is 3-8 feet away.

If you want to know the most effective style of handgun aiming and manipulation, watch how the top shooters in USPSA/IPSC run their gear. Those principles are being adopted by the defensive shooting world for good reason... they work.
edit on 1/29/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

top topics

join